TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

When will it be ready?

May 26th, according to wikipedia. However, the "Junior Researchers" were warned in the fall that they might miss that date due to all the flooding last year. I don't know how their current progress matches up with their original schedule, as the mild winter might've helped them make up time.

Interesting - I never realized that the first big turnaround in that last picture switches to single-spine track. Looks like it's all the way against the edge of the ride area, so it was probably a space decision. I just never noticed!

I would think that they can have the ride ready by memorial day weekend, so long as they keep moving! Hopefully they'll close those gaps soon with this amazing weather we're having in the northeast, and then it's a waiting game until they start testing!

Yeah, that warning was made back in the fall, taking possible winter weather delays in account. All in all it was a rather mild winter around here, so it's very well they might have caught up some of the initial delays brought on by last year's flooding.

Either that or the exposure was off. Faded orange would not look red.

If it has faded, it must have faded pretty quickly. It still looked pretty fresh to me last year at Springtime in the Park.

^My guess is that it's not on the list of rides for Spring Time in the Park because they're waiting for the new trains.

Springtime in the Park is less than two weeks away, it's not gonna be up and running even if the trains aren't on the track by now.