TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Honestly, after reading half the complaints in this thread over the restraints, layouts, turns, drops, hills, colors, angle of the footers, and so on, I think that those people who are complaining up the wazoo about things should do us all a favor:

Don't ride it. Don't go to HP because you've complained so much about it. Go to your park, and stay there.

I hate to say this, but there is some point where it gets beyond silly to bitch and moan about the restraints, etc. If it isn't comfortable for you, don't ride it. Go find another attraction in the park. There are 11 other coasters at HP, and within four hours you have nearly 100. Leave SkyRush, and it's lap bar restraints, to those of us who aren't whining about how the potential lap bars are going to fit.

Those of us who ARENT complaining about the ride will be HAPPY to take your places in line.

Whoever doesn't want to ride this ride, there's a nice, desperate ginger kid who will happily take your place in line!

Anyone want to take me up on that?

Please, be happy this thing is being built you guys. Especially at such a great place such as Hersheypark. I (and I'm sure many others here on the West Coast) would gladly take your SkyRush from you. We are deprived of Intamin goodness and airtime here. Here's to hoping our parks will get something as beautiful as this coaster is.

^^ I never said I wasn't happy, to be honest I'm VERY excited this coaster is being built, and look forward to riding it this summer, also I am on the West Coast but we only have one good hyper and IMO it's Goliath... and it's my first time to Hersheypark since I was 10 years old... (not that long ago) and I'm very excited... I look forward to riding it, but what I don't look forward to is the lines...

How do you know, Intamin sent Hershey yellow lift supports and insisted that they were for something else........

Well than in that case they weren't lift supports.

Intamin mistakenly delivered all the parts to Hersheypark, the coaster was supposed to be built at Knott's. Intamin really screwed up.

How do you know, Intamin sent Hershey yellow lift supports and insisted that they were for something else........

Well than in that case they weren't lift supports.

Intamin mistakenly delivered all the parts to Hersheypark, the coaster was supposed to be built at Knott's. Intamin really screwed up.

Shouldn't you be bugging the Canadians for your coaster instead?

Sorry Elissa, but it just doesn't look like 200 ft. to me! It does look 85* though...

It's all perspective. I've noticed that if the coaster doesn't have a large support structure (like either MF's lift or a wooden coaster) it can look a lot shorter than it is. I keep thinking that SheiKra looks 130 feet because the track and trains are so freaking massive. This is exacerbated especially when you are right next to the coaster and are directly looking up at it. However, once you get on the ride, you will definitely know that it is 200 feet.