TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Haha, thanks for clearing that up... After all, this is the guy I've taken with me to parks for years, and such a GP-ish comment really didn't seem fitting!

And to contribute to the Skyrush discussing, I'm really wondering what the forces are gonna feel like on that first drop. Its bending is quite peculiar... I'm curious as to how it'll stack up against some of the great first drops out there.

Considering we're going to be thrown over the top at 19 MPH, I think the first drop will be full of airtime, while with a second hill at only 80 feet, this entire ride should be epic. (Magnum's second hill is 157 feet by way of comparison).

Absolutely stunning.

Previously, I had gone back and forth in my opinions of the color scheme, but no more. I like how the blue blends in with the sky, and the yellow, which I've decided is the perfect brightness for my tastes, pops against it.

Wonderfully beautiful pics again Chris of the new baby- and so great to see this wonderfully sensual steel beast rising up over the Sweetest Place on Earth.

Four more months... Four more months... Four more months...

This coaster is going to suck A$$. And it is ugly too.

Yeah well, Our Hyper's bigger than YOUR hyper.... And has MUCH cooler promo stuff!

DSCI0286.thumb.JPG.4b8198a256fcd50998615d455a4d807d.JPG

Wait... Is that a LaMarcus Brothers Mid Air Excavation shirt I spy on Goliath? Why yes, YES it is...

(LaMarcus Brothers Mid-Air Excavation... Preparing the air for SkyRush's future!)

Man...I hate Skyrush. It`s ugly. And it`s in the wrong country. Should be somewhere else.

Germany for example

Word!

Anyway, I think it looks great and hope I'll be able to make it to Hersheypark in the near future.

You know that's quite a statement when the home country of some of the most INSANE coasters on Earth has people asking for SkyRush...

(And that's coming from a devout Schwarzkopf Believer...)

That's going to shock the GP when they see it from the front gate. You can't see any supports in that pic because of the way the trees are. I don't think I've ever seen such a large distance unsupported, aside from maybe I305.

That's going to shock the GP when they see it from the front gate. You can't see any supports in that pic because of the way the trees are. I don't think I've ever seen such a large distance unsupported, aside from maybe I305.

As magnificent as that shot is, I think it will be almost entirely obscured once summer gets here and all the leaves are in.

BUT, it's gonna stick out like a magnificent golden sore thumb when seen from the parking lot. That's sure to get everyone talking!

Man...I hate Skyrush. It`s ugly. And it`s in the wrong country. Should be somewhere else.

Germany for example

Word!

Anyway, I think it looks great and hope I'll be able to make it to Hersheypark in the near future.

You know that's quite a statement when the home country of some of the most INSANE coasters on Earth has people asking for SkyRush...

(And that's coming from a devout Schwarzkopf Believer...)

Man...I´m so guilty of being jealous in a totally stupid way. You are sooo right, Dude. Sorry for that...

Also, Gallopin' Gertie got so... well, gallopin', because the road portion of the bridge was solid. The wind had no way to pass through and had no choice but to push against the bridge, which weakened the structure to the point where it collapsed (and killed a dog). As is quite evident in the pictures, Skyrush's lift has plenty of gaps for wind to pass through without harm.