TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

^I'm not sure if this was your point, but the 2nd hill isn't built yet, so there's no way you could see it in any picture.

The supports are built, and aren't visible (or hardly visible) in that picture. So my point is exactly that, that you can't see them in that picture, and since you can't see them you'll hardly see the track itself when it's there. I'm not that stupid.

^I'm not sure if this was your point, but the 2nd hill isn't built yet, so there's no way you could see it in any picture.

The supports are built, and aren't visible (or hardly visible) in that picture. So my point is exactly that, that you can't see them in that picture, and since you can't see them you'll hardly see the track itself when it's there. I'm not that stupid.

The ride is going to be trimmed somewhere, I don't expect it to be flying through the entire layout without any slowing. So even if you cant see the (non-exsistant) second hill yet, id guess it wont be going full speed into it.

But what do I know, I just heard that from the Chocolate Bar out front.

^Do you have any evidence for trims? There isn't a single place where trims have been installed yet, and we've already been through how that line on the track after the Stengel Dive most likely isn't for holding trims, just like Fahrenheit's holds no brake fins either. So if you want to point out to me where the trims are going, you're more than welcome. But that's kind of an unfounded claim - if I305 can hit those transitions and hills in its first half without any trims, there's no reason for this to have any either - especially not before those first two airtime hills.

And, yet again, the second hill's supports are there and you can't see them in that picture.

^I just don't understand how people decide they can guarantee things about a ride when they aren't a single bit involved in the design and construction process. But everyone on the internet knows everything, I suppose.

You're making up a situation that never happened. Nobody did this.

^I just don't understand how people decide they can guarantee things about a ride when they aren't a single bit involved in the design and construction process. But everyone on the internet knows everything, I suppose.

Please calm down. The discussion had been civil up until this point and you seem to be the one who is getting bent out of shape over pointless details. Seriously, if talking about coasters get some of you this worked up, you can always turn the computer off for a while and take a deep breath. (Or go outside)

No, I have no evidence, except history. Coasters have trims, plain and simple. Its likely there will be trims, that's the statement I'm making.

No, there will be no trims. We asked this question to Kurt Bachmann on our tour the other day and he said there will be no trims on SkyRush. So sorry, but your hunch is wrong.

No, I have no evidence, except history. Coasters have trims, plain and simple. Its likely there will be trims, that's the statement I'm making.

No, there will be no trims. We asked this question to Kurt Bachmann on our tour the other day and he said there will be no trims on SkyRush. So sorry, but your hunch is wrong.

^This

Also most coasters don't have trims especially Intamins so I don't know where your getting your history from unless your getting your history from B&M then yes the majority of their coasters have trims.

I dont think it looks ugly; however, I like i305's look better. It just seems cleaner then what they did here.

But I am happy its topped of, it looks great!

I think once spring rolls around and all the trees are gown in, along with the decorative work being done around the creek, this thing is gonna look sweet. Right now with all the mud and construction equipment it is a mess. Also there really isn't any pics that are showing the full scope of things. Most of them are just up close shots of whatever work is getting done. When all is said and done and the world is right, this ride is gonna rock!

Skyrush keeps looking better! That final piece really shows how good it's gonna look in the skyline.

And an odd question... My friends insists that the park has removed sooperdooperlooper. I know this is not true... but he says he was just at the park, and the entire ride was gone. Is there ANY truth behind this? Or is it just another ridiculous GP comment?

And an odd question... My friends insists that the park has removed sooperdooperlooper. I know this is not true... but he says he was just at the park, and the entire ride was gone. Is there ANY truth behind this? Or is it just another ridiculous GP comment?

sdL is being overhauled from the trackrails up this season, with new Gerstlauer built trains, Magnetic brakes and other hardware upgrades during the off season, which will extend it's lifespan by 30 or more years.