TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

^They added the second-to-last lift piece this morning.

The rain is supposed to pick up later on, but dry up tomorrow morning. Depending on how wet it is tommorrow, tommorrow might be possible, but then again I could be wrong.

One thing is sure, the thing is really taking to the skyline quite nicely:

For some strange and apparent reason, there's this tiny little ginger soul inside of me that really hopes that the lift hill might just maybe be topped off possibly on Saturday.

I'm not sure why...maybe someone else might know.

The only thing I don't like about this entire thing is the location in regards to the skyline...for a hyper, it looks small because it is located on a lower area of the land as opposed to the rest of the park, thus not giving it that dominance from afar that I wish it did.

With that said, if that's the only complaint I have, this is going be a helluva ride! The drop looks great (albeit the lift looks very different to say the least), and the transitions on some of those turns look really intense. If this ride has any kind of airtime and the trains *hopefully* have lap bars, or the soft restraints on I305, this thing will be an unbelievable addition and top coaster in the country. Hopefully it is topped out tomorrow.

I don't think that picture I posted earlier really does much justice. Skyrush is slightly more visible than Storm Runner along Hersheypark Drive. If you're traveling on Chocolate Ave. it is really hard to miss once you pass the Hershey Story Museum. You only see the lift hill for the most part from these spots, but it still is noticible.

^We'll see, but I have a feeling there will be one, or at least a form of one, where the track ends in the back. So after the last big turnaround, you'll have a switch in direction (coupled with an airtime hill it looks, so maybe more like the Supermans?) and then the last airtime hill before the turn into the brakes.

Hooray! The back of my hair is in a few of these photos! I'm famous!

Honestly, I've been following the coverage from Keystone Thrills and All American Thrills - and I have to agree with Ccron10 and others that photos simply do not do this coaster justice. I am so beyond excited for this ride after today.

These pictures turned out great! I also agree with A.J, the coaster is much more impressive in person than on a computer screen. The colors are really beautiful and it's a great looking ride. Glad I got to go on this awesome construction tour!

^Those really quick transitions you see twice on maverick or 3 times on I305.

Aha, but Skyrush doesn't have that.

It does have a bückel, which is similar, but on a hill.

It will be installed right here:

The entry will go over the long, low curve on the left.

The exit will connect to that piece on the right.

Looking at the side profile, I feel like the drop is only 80* looking at I305, it seems to be steeper, not by much, but a tad steeper. Either way, Skyrush looks awesome, and I can't wait to see photos of it with the creek at normal height, it's going to be so photogenic.