TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Hahaha, certainly coaster hyperbole no doubt with the 900foot Skyrush. That picture will be on the map cover no doubt. The placement of attractions doesn't really matter. The ad gets the point across. Showing Hershey has family rides(Kissing Tower and Carousel) Showing they have a waterpark(The Shore, Intercoastal Waterway, and Coastline Plunge) Then, showing coasters(Comet, and of course, Skyrush) This will be the star of advertising until after the ride is built. Thus why I call it the "final rendering" Considering Hershey won't be releasing any more renderings that aren't actual images(based off their history) And, history repeats itself.

Hmmm... Very interesting. Very curious as to the restraint they'll be using. I'm making my first trip to Hershey this summer and can't wait to get on this! The more construction/progress I see, the more excited I get. I know some don't like the look of the lift, but it sure is a massive, impressive structure.

I'll add my 2 cents....

The train overview is consistant with the lap bar system shown in the artsy-fartsy concept art (minus the colors). The other rendering doesn't at all look professional (excuse me if it is), and seems like it may be a last minute change if it is true.

Pretty interesting looking seating on this thing, I actually somehow thought that it was going to have basically the same type of trains/cars/seats as the ones on B&M Wingriders. I'm also kinda surprised that this thing doesn't have any inversions. but anyhoo I can't wait to ride this thing this summer! And i kinda wish it did go as high as that art shows

I'm totally speculating, but it's beautiful weather on the east coast today with low winds as well. Could Skyrush be topped out today??

Edit: Maybe not today, but HersheyParks twitter account is saying sometime this week

"Kathleen Burrows @HersheyparkPR Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

Sun is shining. Hope to have Skyrush Top Hat installed this week."

^It's definitely you, cause that's for sure 5 degrees off vertical. I think it looks exactly the same angle as i305 (which is also 85*).

I'm really looking forward to the rest of this lift coming together. With a 17.73 mph (26 ft/s) lift speed, this will be flying over that hill and will definitely have some airtime.

Only been to Hersheypark once in my life (1995) and they only had four coasters at that time (Comet, sooperdooperlooper, Sidewinder, Trailblazer) and now they have a plethora of coasters. I need to get my butt back out to Hershey, Pennsylvania quick! Skyrush looks great!