TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Well like they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and in my eyes this thing is beautiful!!!! I love the industrial look of this lifthill, the steepness, the size of it is just crazy I find this lifthill to be just stunning. Then add the rest of the coaster the layout,the elements, the location, the eye popping color, that sexy Intamin track and this thing just becomes a work of art in my eyes. I'm in love with this thing lol

I'm also not digging the look of the lift hill at all. To me, it looks like 3 yellow ladders leaning on each other... But, I will give Intamin credit for trying out different styles when building these lifts with first the mammoth lift track 305 used and now this. Hopefully, they'll go back to the 305-style when they build their next giant lift hill as I think that looks MUCH better.

Put me in the 'Likes the Way the Lift Hill Looks' camp. Although right now it just looks like a monstrous yellow I-beam fell from the sky and stuck in the earth, I think it'll look great when the hill and the station (and the winter) are finished, and this beautiful ride can be seen as it should be.

But if we're going to argue about little things some more, then this coaster totally has a Stengel Dive, no questions asked !

Also, hello TPR!

Why are people seriously being so nitpicky about the way the lift structure looks? Why does it matter? It could be the ugliest coaster in the world, but as long as it rides good I really don't care how it looks. None of you guys should care either. Please don't let this become like the KD discussion thread when there were page after page after page of people complaining about the stickers. (End rant.)

Now that I've said that I will sum up my thoughts about this coaster. If it was a woman and I was a few years older I would go to bed with it.

Because physical and mechanical structures like roller coasters and bridges and buildings are pieces of art to a lot of people, myself included. It's not going to change how I rate a ride if it's ugly, just like I still drive across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge even though I think it's the ugliest bridge in the world (and it's asymmetric, which kills me). But that doesn't mean I won't think it's ugly.

I'll wait to see this thing finished before I decide how I feel about it. I definitely miss I305's larger truss, but can understand why this design was chosen over it for Skyrush.

Oh I like that it's going to arch right over the entrance in the distance. That's gonna be a great welcome to the park next year!

It looks like they've reached the point where they need to find a good weather day in the near future and finish the lift and drop in one fell swoop - there's no stopping once they start with the next piece!

The crown should go up within the next two weeks since Clifford the big red crane is only at Hershey for another two weeks (according to Keystone Thrills).

With regards to the look of the lift hill, I don't see why everyone is complaining seeing as it's the same style of structure as the two towers supporting it. And I honestly think that the look of the lift is going to change rather significantly once track and catwalks are added. This picture was added within the past couple days (the date is wrong) to AllAmericanThrills and it shows the cross beams which will hold track and catwalks.

In my opinion, the look of the lift has already improved. I guess we'll just have to wait and make final judgement when it's completed in the next couple weeks.

^I think a lot of us hope that...but unfortunately, the truth is that we'll have to deal with another four pages of people complaining about how it ruined the HersheyPark skyline with it's ugly colors, trusses and weird angularity once the lift is topped off.

I just went to the site(yes, again) to get an update for All-American Thrills, but, they weren't working!

Time is VERY short since the crane goes to the PPL building in Harrisburg at the end of January. Everything was in the exact same place as it was yesterday when I was there. A shame they weren't working considering the BEAUTIFUL weather today. And they worked last Sunday.