TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

^^Not to be picky, but a wide flange beam (more commonly called I Beams) aren't the strongest design for a beam. A circle is and without going into too much detail, the I beam design is a successful way to gain some of the benefits of a circular column/beam/etc. without the higher manufacturing costs.

As for the ride, I am excited to see the lift rise. I'm assuming that it will rise quite quickly due to its design, and it will be great to see its impact on the park's skyline in what should be no time.

I'm no engineer, but this whole support structure seems like overkill to me. If they're using double-spine track, why do they need triple reinforced I-Beams? What's different with this as opposed to something like I305? Is it the extra weight from the winged 4-across seating?

I'm no engineer, but this whole support structure seems like overkill to me. If they're using double-spine track, why do they need triple reinforced I-Beams? What's different with this as opposed to something like I305? Is it the extra weight from the winged 4-across seating?

The track on the lift hill won't have a double spine like the rest of the ride becuase it will just connect right to the triple I-beams.

Speaking of the track's spine, if you look at the turnaround it seems to be only a single spine. That's a complete suprise to me.

The best answer simply is that they asked permission this time. It's actually the first coaster to cross Spring Creek that actually has footers in the creek- although just as well given it's layout and placement, it's really the first coaster that needed to do so.

I believe they asked when GB was under development. I believe this time, they not only asked but paid through the nose for the right to build within the creek. The good news imo is that when the creek is back to normal, Skyrush will be a VERY photographic ride.

I love this coaster more and more with every update. I think out of all the new coasters for 2012, I'm most excited to see this one in action. Everything about it just looks awesome... the interaction with it's surroundings, the color, the track, etc. I wasn't expecting Skyrush to look as good as it already does I guess. Can't wait to see the trains!

Seems they've pretty radically changed how they are doing the "minimalist-support" lifts from what they did for I305. I305 more or less just used a bulkier track going up the lift. Skyrush seems to be more of an I-beam latticework. Wonder what the catalyst for the change was (cost, strength, aesthetics, park's preference?). Nonetheless, looks pretty awesomely steep! This ride should easily become the new signature attraction for Hershey! Can't wait!