TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Hmmm...

I dunno. Maybe its just me, but I'm really not "feeling" this ride. I don't know why, since I love other Intamins, but I just don't get the same feeling about this one as I have in the past. Maybe its that I've never been to Hershey, so I don't know the park layout and the location of the ride. Maybe it's the turrible animation of the ride. But I've just been kinda underwhelmed by this one since the beginning, and I still am underwhelmed. I should be getting some sort of a feeling looking at the construction, but its just not doing anything for me. Maybe that'll change when the construction if finished, testing pics and videos start coming out, and I eventually get to ride it, but at this point, I'm just not seeing anything "amazing" about this ride.

^So a near-vertical, 200 foot drop with winged trains and lap bars that goes into a turn maybe 5 feet off the ground doesn't excite you? What does excite you?

Well said. There are lots of good rides going in this year, but this one still stands out as a must ride.

I dunno. Maybe its just me, but I'm really not "feeling" this ride. I don't know why, since I love other Intamins, but I just don't get the same feeling about this one as I have in the past.

I know what you mean, I had the same feeling about it, but I think it was mostly due to the animation not giving a really clear idea of what the ride will look like. Seeing the drop going up has piqued my interest though, maybe once this "unfolds" a bit more in real life you'll be more into it.

^I hear ya, after all the effort and quality in their interactive marketing campaign, that less than stellar POV video really was a head scratcher--not really a great "grand finale" reveal after all the build up.

The pics of this ride going up so far have fully wiped away those underwhelmed feelings. It looks fantastic.

It's always the most visually-underwheming coasters that end up being the best ones.

I keep my expectations low for every new coaster, because that way I always come off impressed and jump right back in the queue.

Is there an example of a coaster that has footers placed into an area with flowing water on this scale? Anaconda and Raven are in still water areas.

Personally I'm a bit concerned...

Since this coaster is exactly 200 feet it will probably face the same fate as Magnum and quickly sink below hypercoaster status once the free flowing river starts to eat away at the footers. They should have given it a few extra feet so delay this inevitable sinking process.

I completely agree the animated video was very underwhelming - but with the latest batch of pictures, my opinion has completely changed.

And for those that are left questioning weather or not this will be the "must ride" of 2012, our favorite steel worker has posted TWO new videos !

This one is from the street, showing track work within the creek

And this one is over where the station is currently being constructed

Edited by Thom25

I completely agree the animated video was very underwhelming - but with the latest back of pictures, my opinion has completely changed.

And for those that are left questioning weather or not this will be the "must ride" of 2012, our favorite steel worker has posted TWO new videos !

This one is from the street, showing track work within the creek

And this one is over where the station is currently being constructed

I'm sweating now...

It's astounding to me the speed that steel has flown up, all things considered. Wild Eagle will be the one that was assembled with time-lapse speed, but SkyRush is certainly making up for lost time.

(And the video of the world's most expensive, elaborate bathrooms was -very cool- to see. Let's hope O'Connell Plumbing and Drain keeps up their high standards!)

I took a bunch of photos today when I drove by it today on a cross state trip. My jaw dropped as soon as I saw it!

Here is the album! You can see the view of it from town and down the road along with the view from the road, along with coaster parts being transported to the site with a truck. The parts field is getting more and more depleted, VERY EXCITING! All I can say is wow and this coaster will definitely deliver. They are also handling a swelled creek well now. I am not sure what they did, but the creek was high all over the place but they were able to control it today.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/69758183@N08/sets/72157628516375315/with/6550877025/

Edited by djw44

When the trim strip went up on 305 (the last installed piece), the fins were in place when the piece went up. It would seem odd to use the crane twice, to lift the track, and again later to attach the fins, when it could all be done on the ground.

Thank you for all of the feedback guys! Does this give me redemption as not being anti-hershey?

Generally the sensors are placed within the track though, we'll see though.

My mouth literally dropped when I first saw that drop sticking up.

I would say that's the most logical conclusion there- Coasters don't typically come with trims installed as part of the package.

Sure they do, all the time. Most B&M's come with pre-installed trims right out of the factory. Maverick had them as well (as well as many new Intamin rides do).