TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

I'll be going to Christmas Candy Lane this weekend and then to Dollywood two days after Christmas...totally psyched and will try & post a PTR from both parks in January.

Which one will be better? I'm going with Dollywood because of the awesome food, shows...and the big win - they will have the coasters running if it isn't too cold!

Don't get me wrong, I am totally pumped for Hershey too!

Oh brother, can't you just say that I305 and Skyrush are similar? I mean it is basically like comparing Steel Force and Mamba plus 100 feet for I305. Can't you at least say that Skyrush is I305 inspired? They likely started designing Skyrush right after I305. The ride is very similar.

Well, would you look at that. About five minutes ago I found a dead baby dinosaur on the side of the street in front of my residence hall.

Now, who would have the heart (or lack thereof) to make something like that happen? I wonder...

Well, would you look at that. About five minutes ago I found a dead baby dinosaur on the side of the street in front of my residence hall.

Now, who would have the heart (or lack thereof) to make something like that happen? I wonder...

At East Coaster Bash, the guys at Hershey that they SPECIFICALLY rode I305 and talked to Intamin about wanting something with a similar feel. So we're going to compare them. Because that's what Hershey themselves did by choosing to have their ride inspired by another. Seriously, it isn't that big of a deal. Bring it up with the park if you have such a big problem.

HOLY VIRGINAL MARY SHOOTING OUT JESUS!!!!

was Skyrush inspired by I305, probally. Just in the way some artists are insprired and borrow from other artists and the same artists previous work. Does the existance of I305 diminish or accentuate Skyrush as a ride, no. Skyrush will stand on its own, the train and terain hugging of this ride define it.

So all you I305 fanboys, go masturbate in private and let us people who dont want to hear you be.

Exactly! I just don't understand why people are getting so defensive about the ride being very similar to I305. I don't get my panties in a knot when someone says Mamba is very similar to Steel Force.

Skyrush and I305 are a LOT less similar than Mamba and Steel Force.

The point I'm getting at is to judge Skyrush on ITS OWN merits, and not compared to Intimidator 305. I'm a big universalist that way - I completely throw all comparisons/manufacturers/stereotypes out the window when I ride a new coaster. Because that way, when I have no expectations, I enjoy a ride a lot more. If I don't hate a coaster, I will marathon it - no matter what it is.

A litter of baby dinosaurs got run over by several cars. I couldn't save them.

I hope they're still building the track and supports in January, because I want to get down there and check the site out for myself.

Are people not judging it on its own merits? I'm confused as to how talking about how it has a similar lift structure and twisty moments like I305 is taking away from the discussion. The first drop into this tight turn looks fantastic. It also happens to remind me of how I305 dives straight into a tight turn, which offers a great transition from negative to positive forces. That fact doesn't mean I'm not judging Skyrush on its own merits. It means that I'm noting a similar aspect of the two - nothing more, nothing less.

There's the thing - I don't see twisty bits. I see fantastically-shaped hill followed by sweeping curve followed by fantastically-shaped hill. None of it's twisty, it's all smooth and it all flows.

Opinions are subjective, I know. But I just don't think you'll be able to compare it. I just feel like it's going to be completely different.

And then there's a quick directional change after the overbank/Stengel dive-esque hill, then as far as we know a twisty bit, a turnaround, and another twisty bit before two final airtime hills. Sound a little familiar?

Also, I305 has two of these fantastically-shaped airtime hills as well, and flows perfectly. It whips you, but it flows pretty flawlessly. And we haven't seen anything to tell us that we won't be thrown to the side on this either - not a single piece of track has gone up other than the first turn.

Seriously, what is wrong about saying there are features that seem and look a lot like I-305, especially when it is a fact that Skyrush is actually inspired by that ride? It is not about judging the ride on it's merits, it's an observation! That's all...

I mean seriously, I don't understand why everyone is getting so defensive. I am very excited to ride Skyrush this summer, I just don't understand the whole defensive aspect on the part of the fanboys.

The parts of the ride after the first 2 hills is pretty twisty- and it's going to be absolutely flying.

Just because it doesn't have the same shaped twists as I-305 doesn't mean it's not the same style, right?

I don't keep tabs on the "style" of coasters (for example, "old-school vs "new-school" B&M). What I see in Intimidator 305 is a bunch of wide turns, one after the other, with two hills in a row built in between. I don't see any of that on Skyrush.