TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

I bet a quick run with the reach envelope will change that terrain a little bit, but it will still be properly scary to be screaming along that close to it.

EDIT - it may be that my perspective is off a bit, I'm talking more about the right side of the track/terrain (left in the photo).

^^^Yeah, for sure - SDL gets very close during that last helix! Granted, the cars aren't hanging off the side. But still!

I guess I'm confused as to why they're setting Memorial Day as the ride's opening - seems like construction could be done before Christmas, break for the holidays, and testing would, in theory, be able to start early-ish in the year?

My only guess is that the winters have been kinda harsh to the areas the past couple of years. I know they have had some set backs due to the flooding a couple of weeks ago. Maybe they are giving them selves a couple extra weeks just in case.

Just out of curiosity how do you guys think the loading station will work? with part of the seats being winged and part of them being on the track? Do you think the floor will come up just under the winged seats? How do you think that'll work?

^^ Better to give yourself more time to get things done then to have to delay and have people whining about the delay lol

It's just part of a turn and it's already just oozing with Intamin sexiness

After everything that's been announced for 2012 Skyrush is still my #1 must ride for next year!!! Is it to early to do a Paul Ruben and declare this as the #1 ride on the planet and my ultimate #1

I really don't think it will be complete by Christmas.

It's better to get a job done right and take longer than expected than to rush a job and have a bumpy opening.

I suspect that as more supports and track are added, the perspective of the construction site will drastically change, and it will be very clear how tight the layout of this coaster is going to be. I definitely think that the base of the first drop, nestled right against that rock wall, was a perfect place to start throwing up track. I looks nothing short of AMAZING!!!

I can't believe they managed to cram Looper Lanes where they did. Wow.

I guess I'm confused as to why they're setting Memorial Day as the ride's opening - seems like construction could be done before Christmas, break for the holidays, and testing would, in theory, be able to start early-ish in the year?

I definitely side with the crowd that doesn't think track work will be done before the Christmas holidays. I imagine they're pushing to get a head start this weekend because there won't be work over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend.

There is also a ton of landscaping and building construction to be done in addition to the coaster, much of it like the pathway and pond probably can't even start until the ride construction is completed.

^ I actually think it's high enough. Unlike B&M wing-riders Skyrush seats are above the track rather than on the sides in order to accomodate the two inner seats.

Skyrush-Roller-Coaster-Hersheypark-2012-Winged-Seats1.jpg1583785778.jpeg.d4a846494aa5a45d7bb56cfa8806161b.jpeg

Skyrush Trains

Also, the angle we are looking at may make it appear lower than it is. I think it will make for a very thrilling turn in the right seat though!

Yup, that's the right turn after the first drop, and when you consider the second hill of Skyrush is 80 feet compared to Magnum's 2nd hill at 157 feet - Skyrush is going to be one mean hyper. I don't think that animation did the ride justice the more we learn about it and think (hope) Skyrush will be something between a mega-lite and I305.