TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

I feel a small boy in tights the days leading up till christmas...

No, I fixed it!

In all seriousness though. I'm very excited about this project and also feel the anticipation leading up to its opening. I am so glad I'll be able to ride this next season.

Can we get back on topic puh-leese?

Does Christmas Candylane go into Comet Hollow? It seems like the atmosphere of the event will be completely different this year with all the Skyrush construction going on.

Can we get back on topic puh-leese?

Does Christmas Candylane go into Comet Hollow? It seems like the atmosphere of the event will be completely different this year with all the Skyrush construction going on.

Last time I was there for Christmas Candylane, the Wave Swinger was open and they moved one of the Merry Dip Fun Slides into Comet Hollow as well.

Rumor has it via Screamscape that Sooper Dooper Looper will be receiving new trains from Gertslauer.........

If you watched this video, it's no rumor:

Already into Day 2 of vertical construction and the coaster has now reached an approximate height of 40 feet:

Photo by Hersheypark.

Heading over to the park later on.

Also, is anybody else not seeing pictures? I can't see pics on this thread, the IAAPA thread and a few others. It could be firewalls at work but I'm just curious.

They're working here. Your work's Internet filter is likely blocking the images that are coming from Facebook (most of the ones in this thread, at least).

Rumor has it via Screamscape that Sooper Dooper Looper will be receiving new trains from Gertslauer for the 2012 season..........

^^Wasn't that said a few months ago? Or am I thinking of a "will they or wont they?" discussion?

Hersheypark confirmed this to us at East Coast Bash, while we were on a backstage tour! At that time they weren't sure what they would look like - glad to hear that they're keeping the lap bars and (hopefully) the appearance intact!