TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

I always considered Roller Soaker to be of a dark purple (or blue violet) track color. Great Bear could also be a very deep violet as well, even though I think it looks more towards black. Sidewinder is the same way although it would be more of a deep brown to black color.

I always considered Roller Soaker to be of a dark purple (or blue violet) track color. Great Bear could also be a very deep violet as well, even though I think it looks more towards black. Sidewinder is the same way although it would be more of a deep brown to black color.

No, Roller Soaker is a pure blue. And Great Bear is black. And Sidewinder is pretty close to black since the repaint, but was more brown. There's no purple at Hershey.

^I believe Sidewinder has purple track.

Please be more specific. There's several rides that have purple track (or did at one point or how you look at it): SDL, RS, Great Bear, and Wild Mouse.

To my knowledge, SooperDooperLooper has only been tan with orange trains and then the blue that it currently is, Great Bear has always been black, Sidewinder was a chocolate brown color until it recently got a new paint job and is a much darker brown, Roller Soaker was a light blue until it recently got repainted and now is currently a darker blue or true blue, and Wild Mouse has never been repainted and has always sported blue supports with silver track. Not sure where your recollection of purple track on any coaster at Hershey is coming from.

To my knowledge, SooperDooperLooper has only been tan with orange trains and then the blue that it currently is, Great Bear has always been black, Sidewinder was a chocolate brown color until it recently got a new paint job and is a much darker brown, Roller Soaker was a light blue until it recently got repainted and now is currently a darker blue or true blue, and Wild Mouse has never been repainted and has always sported blue supports with silver track. Not sure where your recollection of purple track on any coaster at Hershey is coming from.

Looper has been referred to have been purple by people, but Bear is the closest to have been referred to be purple.

Really, none of the coasters mentioned really look purple that much

Sooperdooperlooper: Is blue, no matter how you look at it

Roller Soaker: Is also blue, no matter how you look at it

Wild Mouse: Is also blue, no matter how you look at it

Great Bear: Has some purple in it, but it looks like black track

Really, Hersheypark is lucky they didn't get another BLUE coaster.

I think yellow was a good choice by Hershey. There's plenty of purple tracked coasters in the northeast, we really don't need another one.

Before this starts another argument: Batman - The Dark Knight, Bizarro, Kozmo's Kurves, Zoomerang.

Yes, but I'm just saying what I've been hearing from the GP.

Yes, but I'm just saying what I've been hearing from the GP.

Well there is a thread on this forum proving that the GP have no credibility. So who cares what their colorblind eyes see?

Cody for the win: EPIC!

And where did all this bickering about the F'ing color come from? GET OVER IT, PLEASE. If you're talking about bland colors, go to Japan where you can find entire parks where the coasters are WHITE.

Please. Instead of complaining about the colors: Let's talk about the greatness of SkyRush- and for that matter, the rest of HP.

Cody for the win: EPIC!

And where did all this bickering about the F'ing color come from? GET OVER IT, PLEASE. If you're talking about bland colors, go to Japan where you can find entire parks where the coasters are WHITE.

Well there is a somewhat disturbing preference for hues of blue all over Hersheypark. Maybe hopefully after they're done altering Comet Hollow for Skyrush, they'll move uphill and makes some changes in Minetown, which looks largely the same since it was made over two decades(?) ago.

Please. Instead of complaining about the colors: Let's talk about the greatness of SkyRush- and for that matter, the rest of HP.

Seriously! Only second to a freaking(!) B&M Giga in the poll here for the most exciting installation next year. [And we all know it's pulling serious Canadian bias..right? )

Here's my update from 10/16:

I was amazed at how well the park was up and running after the flood. They had three of the entrance gates closed for something, probably flood related.

The Rhineland shops were still closed and being refurbished from the flood.

They had these temp stands set up since the shops were closed.

Looks like they're beginning to work under Comet.

New stakes have shown up behind Scrambler.

Looks like one of the survey markings was repainted.

It's sort of hard to find but if you look over on that concrete slab, there's a new marking there.

The old Comet Hollow Restrooms are now closed.

They have been replaced with the temp restrooms. Looks like O' Connell Plumbing & Drain didn't do the appropriate work on this one since they were also closed.

Looks like they took a section out of Comet to connect the station construction site with the other side.

Concrete, supposingly for the station.

Yes, they're still there, or should I say "half of them" lol.

I see track!

Pure Intamin goodness!

Such a beautiful sight!

Lightning Racer's overflow is still blocked off and appears the same as it did earlier in the season.

These new recycling machines are now appearing in the park. This was the only one I saw.

Now's the time to get your last rides in. New trains coming next season - praying no OTSR's"!

See you at Christmas!

And if you haven't yet, be sure to check out my Comet Hollow: A Photo Documentary for a look at the area prior to construction: http://keystonethrills.megabb.com/t321-special-feature-comet-hollow-a-photo-documentary

This is probably a stupid question, but have there been any days recently where Hersheypark has had to use Lightning Racer's overflow queue?

Nope. They couldn't have this year since it was fenced up, but I don't think they needed to use it for awhile. The longest I've ever seen the line was to the end of the first switchback.