TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Now this looks like an awesome amount of twistieness!

Additionally, most of the track looks really tight and heavily banked, so this should be one intense coaster once again. However, there are not many outside-bent pieces, so either the airtime hills will be very low to the ground or the track for them is yet to be delivered.

Haven't been to the park in 10 years and we have plans to visit in 2012. That will make it 3 new Intamin smoothies I have not rode (Stormrunner, Fahrenheit & Skyrush).

Is it safe to assume that since I fit into the Maverick restraint (Cedar Point) with no issues, I will on these 3 rides? Top Thrill Dragster the seatbelt BARELY fit and 1 time they couldn't get it to click (so I only got 5 rides as opposed to 6).

Not to thread drift, but I assume Kingda Ka won't be an issue either (hopefully)

Haven't been to the park in 10 years and we have plans to visit in 2012. That will make it 3 new Intamin smoothies I have not rode (Stormrunner, Fahrenheit & Skyrush).

Is it safe to assume that since I fit into the Maverick restraint (Cedar Point) with no issues, I will on these 3 rides? Top Thrill Dragster the seatbelt BARELY fit and 1 time they couldn't get it to click (so I only got 5 rides as opposed to 6).

Not to thread drift, but I assume Kingda Ka won't be an issue either (hopefully)

You should have no issue at all (obviously can't speak for Skyrush).

Is anyone completely sure about the Skyrush restraint system? The concept art showed clamshell lap bars, but I read somewhere else in this thread that Hershey was considering I305-esque otsr straps... I think the straps would be fine, but lap bars would make for a much better ride experience, especially considering the potential for omfg ejector air. Knowing Hershey, we won't find out till the trains arrive (Which, in fact, I'm greatly anticipating...).

Is anyone completely sure about the Skyrush restraint system? The concept art showed clamshell lap bars, but I read somewhere else in this thread that Hershey was considering I305-esque otsr straps... I think the straps would be fine, but lap bars would make for a much better ride experience, especially considering the potential for omfg ejector air. Knowing Hershey, we won't find out till the trains arrive (Which, in fact, I'm greatly anticipating...).

IIRC, Hershey told us at ECB this year that they had settled with Intamin on I305-esque restraints.

^ It depends on what version of Intimidator 305's restraints they were talking about... but I'm sure that they meant the soft black straps because they would have just said Storm Runner and Fahrenheit style restraints if they were talking about the normal Intamin "over the shoulder lapbars"/OSTRs.

Makes sense. I just watched a video of 305 and was surprised they even need OTSR on it. I guess it's just a sign of the liability times

Hersheypark really doesn't care what we think. It was said that the restraints would be Intamin overhead lap bars with shoulder straps, like on the ZacSpins and now Intimidator305.

I really don't think this is a liability issue (though I do enjoy watching the sue-happy United States with a nice hot bowl of popcorn). The way the trains are set up, you really can't have lap bars, as the two staggered seats per row have no anchor in front of them to attach a lap bar to. Having the two staggered seats with OTSRs and the center seats with lap bars really doesn't make sense and makes the train as a whole more difficult to design and assemble.

I just watched a video of 305 and was surprised they even need OTSR on it.

If you have ridden 305 you would realize the need for the straps... If it didn't have them then people would be knocking into each others heads all the time with those insane transitions!

I don't think that the transitions on Skyrush wil be as extreme as on Intimidator 305, but having the straps on Skyrush will be much better than the normal Intamin "over the shoulder lapbars"/OTSRs.

Hersheypark really doesn't care what we think. It was said that the restraints would be Intamin overhead lap bars with shoulder straps, like on the ZacSpins and now Intimidator305.

I really don't think this is a liability issue (though I do enjoy watching the sue-happy United States with a nice hot bowl of popcorn). The way the trains are set up, you really can't have lap bars, as the two staggered seats per row have no anchor in front of them to attach a lap bar to. Having the two staggered seats with OTSRs and the center seats with lap bars really doesn't make sense and makes the train as a whole more difficult to design and assemble.

True for this ride. But on Intmidator or other non loopers is what I was referring to