TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Yes, the guys from Hersheypark told us that Skyrush would get the combination lap bar/strap restraints.

Also, the dive machines do have a small bit of floor under the front center seats. It's the train chassis and connector.

Just left the park this afternoon, I'm moving into my dorm tomorrow, so my life is a little bit hectic right now. I will post the pictures eventually, didn't get too many of Skyrush, There wasn't too much more in terms of track seemed like a lot of supports though. I was amazed how close they were to the road! Full report soon!

^ I wounldn't be too surprised; Hershey is very good about lighting coasters. All three woodies have lights the whole lengths of their tracks, and Storm Runner has multicolored lights shining up the top hat.

^ I wounldn't be too surprised; Hershey is very good about lighting coasters. All three woodies have lights the whole lengths of their tracks, and Storm Runner has multicolored lights shining up the top hat.

Storm Runner does look amazing at night.

I absolutely love all the tracer lights at Hershey, especially on the woodies. It's all the more fun when I'm riding Lightning Racer and can look over and see the twisted paths illuminated for me, or when the lights actually make a ride seem slightly faster and more disorienting (as they were supposedly designed to do).

^ Definitely; they really make the ride visualing appealing and they add to the ride experience at night. Lightning Racer looks spectacular at night because of how the dueling tracks weeve and the lights just follow them the whole way. It's probably one of the most beautiful sights I've ever seen.

Here's a brand-new Skyrush construction update posted on the Keystone Thrills Blog:

http://keystonethrills.wordpress.com/2011/08/25/hersheypark-skyrush-update-38-82411/

300439_2216612848352_1038519439_2616681_6255905_n.jpg

A lot of work going on the Comet-side of the creek (well, let's just call it a valley for now ). It's cool to think that there's going to be a gravel path going through there.

I absolutely love all the tracer lights at Hershey, especially on the woodies. It's all the more fun when I'm riding Lightning Racer and can look over and see the twisted paths illuminated for me, or when the lights actually make a ride seem slightly faster and more disorienting (as they were supposedly designed to do).

Just think of tracers being reflected on the water of the pond below- it would look magical, and give that revived Sunken Gardens area needed "pop" at nighttime.

People are eviscerating their decision to open today on Hershey's Facebook page. If wasn't so tired today, I'd probably go.

Yeah, apparently Hershey is a "money hungry corporation who is knowingly risking the safety of its employees and guests to make a quick buck."

At least, that's what the GP Will tell you on FaceBook.

The proposed architecture of the station building should keep it in theme.

I believe it will still take the charm out of the area, as I believe some of Skyrush actually goes through Comet's lower structure.

The proposed architecture of the station building should keep it in theme.

I believe it will still take the charm out of the area, as I believe some of Skyrush actually goes through Comet's lower structure.

I don't think, judging from the looks of the layout, that the track will be going through any part of the Comet (maybe a little down at the far turnaround, but that's only the lateral supports. But the lift will go over Comet's first drop, over the last turn towards the station and over the station itself.

As for taking the charm out of Comet Hollow, I think it might create a new, good feeling for the area and let it have a theme. I do have to wonder though if this had anything to do with the plans from back in 1996 when the park talked about making Comet Hollow Midway America instead.

After looking at the rendering again, you are correct. My perspective was off a bit - which it usually is when I'm looking at a wireframe rendering.

Hershey does know how to do a station right. I love Lightning Racer's.

Here's the blip from the press release -

The coaster’s station house is being modeled after historic train stations in the Hershey area. New restroom facilities, games and food stands will replicate the Park’s buildings of yesteryear, and a new floating fountain in Spring Creek will bring back memories of days gone by.