TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

I can say that the layout looks really nice, and regardless of the restraints it doesn't seem to have the "whippy" turns to warrant any bitching about OTSR's. Nice 85* drop, and the speed seems to be well sustained throughout! The only gripe I have is how this is going to make Comet Hollow look extremely gawdy! It also looks to surround The Comet enough to make it look like it is lost in the jumble of track and supports for Skyrush. Other than that, awesome ride and can't wait to get up there next season and try out these new trains!!!

This coaster is going to change the entrance totally. Such light colors for such a big ride, the skyline should look really cool now with this and the other two Intamins. Should be quite a sight from the top of comet's lift hill too!

This ride looks so unique! wingriding hyper coaster; who would have thought?! I like the layout, and although it is short in length, I think it will give an incredible ride and make the skyline a lot cooler next season. I cannot wait to ride next summer.

Any haters need to see the floorless as a bonus. The amount of times I have seen the GP (e.g. on B&Ms) sit in the middle because it is "safer". Now they can sit in the middle and have a floor, leaving the scarier and probably better positions for the coaster enthusiats... WIN WIN WIN!

Also the trains look familiar:

X-Train_small.jpg.c4f19556b2bce1dbcafada2ed1b1fe46.jpg

It also looks like Comet will have to be closed while they do the construction - but with construction going on through the off-season, it shouldn't be a problem. Hopefully Comet will be open at the start of the 2012 season as construction for Skyrush finishes up.

Lots of different Intamin signatures being tossed into this ride.

1. New I-305 lifthill

2. Mega-lite/305 style drop and turn

3. Superman Australia-type launched coaster layout.

4. Expedition G-Force Finale

5. Wingrider trains

My prediction is that this lands just behind MillForce in the Mitch Hawker top ten, then falls down to just above Blue Fire around 12-16th spot in further years.

Wow, I like the look of this thing for sure. I'm for these trains too, not only do they look cool but they're unique to an extent. Personally though I don't see how it's a wing rider, it's more or less a version of a floorless in my mind...? Either way I can't wait to get to PA and take a few laps. Maybe I should plan a trip for next fall.

"My prediction is that this lands just behind MillForce in the Mitch Hawker top ten, then falls down to just above Blue Fire around 12-16th spot in further years.

The ride looks real good but lets wait and see what Dolly has up her sleeve. My feeling is that Dollywood is going to deliver big time.

I know I heard mentions of an east coast trip that would include many of these new rides so I am holding off on making any plans.

It's Hershey so lines will be awful regardless lol. Choosing the inside seats will be the lesser of 2 evils. Of course this is assuming there are separate lines for inside and outside seats.....

Wow...this looks seriously cool - what a great addition this is for Hershey! A completely unique train and layout with a 200 foot drop with airtime hills? I don't know whether to weep with joy or go lock myself in the bathroom for 45 seconds!

Edited by Philrad71

I'm actually liking this - A LOT - which is odd since when I305 was first announced (and this ride seems to have taken some inspiration from it) I was not exactly thrilled with the layout (massive first drop and all low to the ground turns and small hills, IMO, seemed like a waste but with all the raves it gets I really need to go ride it). For some reason, I guess due to Skyrush's size, the hills and ground turns look better asthetically.

Love the new train style even if it is a half-wing coaster. Can you imagine riding a giga in one of these, especially in one of those wing seats? You'd crap your pants (lol).

Congrats to Hersheypark for bringing something unique to the U.S. for 2012 and congrats to Intamin for designing a truly unique looking train for it.

Anything they would do to seperate wing seats would also seperate groups from each other. Hopefully it will be able to run smooth enough. Maybe they could have signs that suggest ways to decide if everyone wants the wing seats, Rock paper scissor, pick a number, fight to the death etc.

Here's what I'm thinking -

Two lines per car, much like in a typical roller coaster - except one line is for outer seats and one is for inner. The outer seats would move in first, followed by the inner. Then, when exiting, the inner seats leave first then the outer seats. This isn't the fastest way to load a train, but it makes sure no one is crawling over anyone else.

Here's what I'm thinking -

Two lines per car, much like in a typical roller coaster - except one line is for outer seats and one is for inner. The outer seats would move in first, followed by the inner. Then, when exiting, the inner seats leave first then the outer seats. This isn't the fastest way to load a train, but it makes sure no one is crawling over anyone else.

This sounds an awful lot like the way Deja Vu's station is set up. If so, I expect there to be a lot of confusion about who's waiting for which seat. Hopefully Hershey manages to figure out a better way to load these trains than Six Flags did with Deja Vu

I agree this will be interesting. At first I thought AJ was right and there could be separate rows for each, but after looking at the train PDF and animation, it appears each row though disjointed, has 2 inside and 2 outside - ARG. I wish that all the seats were outside, because I don't most people will want the inside seats (go figure).