TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Once again - confirming what we already know.

Suddenly, I'm caring less and less about August 2 as we get more and more information about the ride.

Well, the press conference is three days away... I'm pretty sure Hershey has released everything it has wanted to at this point, and has still managed to keep a few details hidden. Just an assumption.

Hey, when it's announced, we're sure to get some sort of CGI render or something.

That path running along the Comet is also something we haven't heard of yet...do you suppose it'll be open to guests or just for employees?

Edited by Myself

Can't wait for the announcement.

I hate to say anything negative about a ride we know nothing about yet, but it does look to have a short footprint. Personally, I would love to see some type of coaster like x2.

Eather way, I am sure whatever it is will be great.

Can't wait for the announcement.

I hate to say anything negative about a ride we know nothing about yet, but it does look to have a short footprint. Personally, I would love to see some type of coaster like x2.

Eather way, I am sure whatever it is will be great.

From everything eluded to in the HP2012 project campaign, it should max out at 5500 feet of track length and 212 feet tall. Of course, in 48 hours, we will have the answer to all these questions... in theory!

I am noticing in the new pics/blueprints, the comet is missing! The track for sooperdooperlooper and great bear is there but the classic comet's layout is gone! All that's left in there is white/emptiness where the comet goes.

Does this mean that the project was too big for the comet to stay?

I am noticing in the new pics/blueprints, the comet is missing! The track for sooperdooperlooper and great bear is there but the classic comet's layout is gone! All that's left in there is white/emptiness where the comet goes.

Does this mean that the project was too big for the comet to stay?

It was removed to show the work that is going on. If the Comet was left on the map, then it would be too cluttered to be useful.

Matt is correct. Remember there will be a total of four coasters intertwining in the area when this thing opens. If the Comet was scheduled to be demolished, then we wouldn't have the number 12 thrown at us for so much of this game. I believe we'll see a re-tooled queue and some minor changes to Comet's station but that's about it.

I just thought of this the other day- would this coaster have the old Intamin track or the new I305-style track? Intamin has used both types recently, the old style being used on Cheetah Hunt and the new style on Formula Rossa... I'm not sure which kind we'll get

I'm excited, I hope I get one. I probably won't though, because I was honest in my application and said that I didn't win any Nobel Prizes or medals.

Bah, I shouldn't even bother being excited. I haven't done anything with the whole RIT/LaMarcus Bros/OConnell thing, so I probably won't get one.

Sheesh, I'm acting like a little kid.

Bah, I shouldn't even bother being excited. I haven't done anything with the whole RIT/LaMarcus Bros/OConnell thing, so I probably won't get one.

Sheesh, I'm acting like a little kid.

I'm with you - I didn't get the chance to fill an application out, and now it looks like I'm missing out! So I'll just sit here and pout.