TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

OK: In extended effort of fairness here... You really should have been paying attention to the whole viral campaign when it started. However, I will 'recap' the whole shebang from the beginning.

Remember the flashing banner on TPR about six months bacK or so? THe one with the four digit code? That was the first part of it. it introduced us to RIT : The Ride Instittue of Technology where we met the first batch of characters- and unique clues from the four research studies along the way. These included further codes in each that revealed letters, combinations and additional websites with more information along the way- including elements you need to know for the different questions of the report.

Later on, a few of us were selected to participate further in the event (Electronic Reporters, if you will, I was happily selected to be #8) Along with that came the imfamous 4th study: This was where we had a puzzle to put together that has (in a way) spelled out the new coaster that we're now seeing come together.

Shortly after the fourth study was opened, we were exposed to a second site The LaMarcus Brothers Mid Air Excavation site where we got to learn about mid-air excavation- and, later on, were introduced to the idea that Ride Institute was working with LMB to 'excavate' the air over the Comet... for what we didn't know

Not long after that, if you joined the mailing list, some lucky people were sent t-shirts, magnets, and even HP tickets for signing onto it- this was a great gift, I think, of this viral marketing campaign (For those going to DSB, you will see me with mine on!) At the same time, we started to see more social media elements being tied in: Facebook, Twitter to name a few.

Moving forward, we began to see some tremendous changes along the way- including elements from a third company, O'Connell Pluming and Drain Deisgn which brought us the elements that something would soon be removed to make space in the park for the new attraction- it too, led to more elements, including a voicemail from OCPD. we now await the final information about the gane with less than one week left in it.

Since then we've been introduced to yet another two websites- CTpilots and Awesomefunworld which tie into the very beginning of

of this.

For a long time now I've wanted a park to create a really elaborate marketing campaign for a coaster, and Hershey seems to have done just that. The amount of effort in creating this sort of thing is outstanding, and it sure has done it's job in getting people hyped up!

Can't wait for August 2nd!

^^I have been around for all that. I'll be going back through everything tonight to see what I can come up with.

Read the CTP letter with the questions, and the CTP recruiting letter. it's all right in front of your eyes. I mean that. Any closer, and I'd be able to read it here in Arizona!

^^I have been around for all that. I'll be going back through everything tonight to see what I can come up with.

Read the CTP letter with the questions, and the CTP recruiting letter. it's all right in front of your eyes. I mean that. Any closer, and I'd be able to read it here in Arizona!

So what exactly do you know?? Whisper, I won't tell anyone .....

grabs a bottle of tequila, gin and rum.

It's going to be a Loooooooong week.

Once again: RIT, LMB, OCPD, CTP, and AFW are all spelled out for you in Donan's notes. How you choose to read them is your own business. the answers are S-P-E-L-L-E-D out for you. Right there. In Black and White. In PDF and Word formula.

If I were to give you the answers, wouldn't that ruin the fun of the game???

No, it would not ruin the fun, and you need to share that tequila or else send a beer my way!!!! Are we going to know anything before ECB? I thought the announcement was the 12th, but somewhere above someone said something about the 2nd? Misprint?

On HP's Facebook page there is a countdown clock- the world will hear of HP's pregnancies (oops...) Pregnancy.. that's it It's Just one PREGNANCY, right... On 8/2/11 at 12:12 PM. If you're local, they're inviting the public to the 'announcment'

I'm going so expect a recording and photos of the announcement.

On HP's Facebook page there is a countdown clock- the world will hear of HP's pregnancies (oops...) Pregnancy.. that's it It's Just one PREGNANCY, right... On 8/2/11 at 12:12 PM. If you're local, they're inviting the public to the 'announcment'

I'm going so expect a recording and photos of the announcement.

Awesome. I keep hoping HP's going to webcast it for those of us on the western side of the USA...

Anyone know where I can find quick credit run advice to get through Hershey the most efficiently? Like what lines have the bad lines to try to get through right away, and the ones that are high capacity and won't have as bad of lines.. I'm sure someone's posted something, but it's nearly impossible to find.

^ I was also thinking it looked somewhat similar. If this is the case then that is a-ok with me. I've been somewhat following the story and I really home that this ride will rise above the anticipation many are feeling right now.

The way I see it- from the layout and the 'blurred' pic is this:

While in Europe, I 305 had a -really- hot date with Expedition GeForce, and after a night of red-hot-lovin', I305 ended up pregnant. Hiding out over the winter in Pennsylvania, she had her baby (Thus the leftover track from the 'refitting') and the 'child' is soon to be HersheyPark's next coaster.

^

The way I see it- from the layout and the 'blurred' pic is this:

While in Europe, I 305 had a -really- hot date with Expedition GeForce, and after a night of red-hot-lovin', I305 ended up pregnant. Hiding out over the winter in Pennsylvania, she had her baby (Thus the leftover track from the 'refitting') and the 'child' is soon to be HersheyPark's next coaster.

Holy crap, that makes perfect sense.