TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Ok. I'm sitting on the bench in question. There is indeed a full QR code taped to the back lower left corner. I scanned it and all I get is 01.r On the back of the code it says 1Comet. The ride op from Waveswinger just about killed himself making sure it code was still on the bench when I was done. I rode Comet and found nothing unusual or new. Unfortunately I don't know how to post pics from my phone to the forum. If anyone can give me direction I'll gladly follow this scavenger hunt.

Sorry, that was me. I walked over earlier to go to use the restroom and saw it. I was occasionally glancing over to see how many people would see it. Went I went over to Tilt-A-Whirl I stopped along the way to fix it.

Jan Van Der Velde (ex RIT employee, now involved in industrial espionage for competitor AFW) just added his company's website to his facebook profile: Awsome Fun World (http://awesomefunworld.com/)

Google Analytics checks out -- it follows the same pattern as the other three sites.

Now we finally know what AFW stands for!

"Ride the Edge"... when the inital clues of this coaster came out, I guessed this was a Wing Rider like Furius Baco... I feel like this only helps my assumption.

Any news on when their press conference for this ride will be?

Guys, he was referring to this post:

I'm putting all my money on that this will be the new type Intamin 'Top Side' roller coaster..

It would make sense to me.

When there are two of these ^^, that means that he's referring to two posts above his. I've never heard of an Intamin "Top Side" coaster, either.

I'm putting all my money on that this will be the new type Intamin 'Top Side' roller coaster..

When there are two of these ^^, that means that he's referring to two posts above his. I've never heard of an Intamin "Top Side" coaster, either.

^^^^ Its funny, cause a lot of people put a ton of them just cause they can. That's why I use quotes.

^^^^ Its funny, cause a lot of people put a ton of them just cause they can. That's why I use quotes.

yup.

'Top Side' explanation!

It's a new design that only ECC members know about because of the magazine "First Drop" which in the latest issue introduced a new coaster design from Intamin that Intamin calls the 'Top Side'.

The only thing we know about this new coaster type is that basically its a Furius Baco kind-of coaster, just with back to back seats which will result in a backwards ride for some and a forward ride for the others. It's not known at the moment whether this coaster's seats are going to rotate, but it wouldn't surprise me if they will rotate. Intamin do like to push the envelope, as we know.

Now, there is a blue-print of this coaster featured in "First Drop" but as I'm on vacation in turkey right now, I'm not able to get a pic up just yet. But, maybe some of you other ECC members here on TPR could get a picture of the blue-print up.

EDIT: COASTER FREAK 11: That is not 'Top Side"