TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

I cannot wait for this coaster! I figured I wouldn't ever get back to Hershey, but as soon as I heard an Intamin hyper and that it is basically going to be a mini Intimidator 305, I told my family that we must check it out next year! I can't wait to see the layout!

I have to agree with A.J. on this one- completely.

I 305 is a great ride- but it is, for now, a one-of-a-kind. HersheyPark would not be investing in something that's a clone (or even a knock-off) of another park's ride. It's not their style- never has been, never will be. At HP there are only two 'production' coasters- a Wild Mouse and a Boomerang- and that's it. Every other coaster in the park is custom, designed to their needs, and wonderfully full of quirks (the 'uphill' block brake on sdL, for example, or the hoop-de-doo on Wildcat).

Everything I've read, studied and followed obsessivly from the start of this obsessive-compulsive viral marketing campaign is saying everything BUT a clone of I305. It m ight share a common element in the lift-hill structure... but that's it- and no more.

R.D.

^ You say you don't think this coaster will have many i305 elements, yet your own drawing looks like a mini i305

I don't think anyone ever thought this would be a mini i305 clone, but it does look like it will share some similarities with i305. Like the lift hill with the two support towers, the first drop and turn, the twisties so I don't see why it such a problem when someone says this coaster resembles a mini i305 when in a lot of ways it does.

Is there another layout some where beside the supposed figure 8 layout?

^ When I said I didn't think it would have I305 elements, I should had been more specific by saying that i don't think the elements will be on the scale of 305 in intensity. who knows. In my belief the coaster will be like 305 but will be more hyper like without as many quick transitions as 305.

HI guys,

There is still a puzzle piece from the 12 person media pass puzzle not posted anywhere.

There are two real names that I have narrowed it down to .

mr fraser

wy turner

If you know these people or their screen name please send me a message . I would like to contact them to figure out who is the one who didn't post the last

piece. I don't want to publicly post their screen name for anominty sake.

If you are one of the to please check your junk mail folder and please post that piece.

Thanks

Walt

HI guys,

There is still a puzzle piece from the 12 person media pass puzzle not posted anywhere.

There are two real names that I have narrowed it down to .

mr fraser

wy turner

If you know these people or their screen name please send me a message . I would like to contact them to figure out who is the one who didn't post the last

piece. I don't want to publicly post their screen name for anominty sake.

If you are one of the to please check your junk mail folder and please post that piece.

Thanks

Walt

I would have to agree with this..... does anyone have a picture of the complete puzzle?

I just received an email from LaMarcus Bros. When I get home from work I will paste it in this post.

Hello Ryan,

In 2007, after four years of development and more than 200 failed prototypes, LaMarcus Bros. Mid-Air Excavation launched its official online Mailing List, instantly becoming a modern marvel of software engineering and a pioneer in the marketing and guest data capture of future mid-air excavation clients. The LMB Mailing List has been closed since 2010 due to demand, but is now accepting fans, clients, and interested parties for a limited time only.

As a thank you for signing up for the exclusive LaMarcus Bros. Mailing List, we'd like to send you a free welcome gift. Please reply to this email with your mailing address at your earliest convenience.

Edited by HappyEisentrout

In other discussion besides the 2012 ride, today was the first day I worked on Stormrunner, and I must say it's a great feeling pressing two buttons and sending people 75mph in two seconds!

How do you launch an Intamin Accelerator? Do you just press two buttons and the ride goes boom or what? Thanks for the answer.

Perhaps we should start to think about putting together a compete 'dossier' of all the clues, names, twitter accts, facebook accts. etc. together- as I sort of have a feeling we're missing a clue along the way- not to mention: It would be easier to spread the 'word' of what's the next step for this puzzle.

In addition: For those of us flying into HP for the 'opening', Southwest Airlines is KEEPING MDT (Harrisburg, PA) on the route map- making it a bit cheaper to fly into for the 'longer distance' people out there.