TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

If this coaster is anywhere near as good as Goliath at Walabi World with 151 foot drop I'd be in A huge drop doesn't mean great coaster look at Goliath SFMM with it's 255 foot drop

I love this game Hershey is playing making everyone think this coaster will be an Intamin, when I just heard the coaster is really going to be made by Zierer J/K

After looking at the posted layout maybe were looking at a simi-clone of Expedition Ge Force instead of overbanked turns it going to have the low to the ground turns like I305, if this is what is planned I don't see how it can be anything other then an awesome ride even if it's not 10,000 feet long.

Need I remind you that Goliath at Walabi World, which is Robb's #2 coaster, has only a 151' drop? And that the 4 Mega-lite coasters, which Robb ties for #4, only have a 100' drop?

I guess you do need to remind me. I don't pay attention to that stuff. And while I realize that Alvey has ridden just about every coaster there is, I can respect his opinion. But his personal tastes mean little to me.

You are arguing about a speculative coaster that you do not even know the statistics of. Why are you complaining? I have high hopes for this coaster, and you are bashing it before you even know what it does. I'm just saying that this ride could be just as awesome as a Mega Lite and you do not necessarily need the height to have a great coaster. All the top Mega Coasters are around this height anyway, a lot even shorter. I think it is unfair of you to judge a ride that you don't even know anything about.

I guess, and this is not specifically directed at 'chickenbowl', that this is what you get when you have an online community with a number of teeny-boppers who have minimal industry experience, and have yet to really travel to expand their coaster porfolio, but love to talk from behind the security of a computer monitor. And their A.D.D. doesn't permit them to fully read previous posts (or maybe remember what they read) before they comment, or else they would have seen here that I'm not bashing anything.

I'm local to Central Pennsylvania, and I go to Hersheypark many times each season. I've been going regularly for over 20 years. Let me state this one more time... I realize that this could be a kick-ass ride and I'm hopeful that it is. But I'm entitled, not because the park owes me anything - but because I'm a fan who's very familiar with the place, to be a little underwhelmed and a little disappointed with the speculative information that's been released so far. That's it.

End mini-rant.

I guess, and this is not specifically directed at 'chickenbowl', that this is what you get when you have an online community with a number of teeny-boppers who have minimal industry experience, and have yet to really travel to expand their coaster porfolio, but love to talk from behind the security of a computer monitor. And their A.D.D. doesn't permit them to fully read previous posts (or maybe remember what they read) before they comment, or else they would have seen here that I'm not bashing anything.

Is there a point to this other than being completely rude? My post was merely trying to show you that there is no reason to be so disappointed with the limited amount of statistics we have so far, I was being optimistic. I fully read your post, and I was trying to be more hopeful than you were. A bash on the members of this site was completely unnecessary. So don't be condescending or insult my intelligence, because I am graduating with a 4.45 gpa and don't have ADD. I may be younger than you, but I probably know just as much as you do about coasters.

I was never attacking you in the first place, I was trying to lighten your pessimism.

(Before I even get on the freakin' plane to Harrisburg to ride this thing, I'll be insane from this F'ing challenge.)

I know, right? There's just so much to try and keep track of. I need a more straight forward clue, I'm too lazy for all this researching and emailing.

(Before I even get on the freakin' plane to Harrisburg to ride this thing, I'll be insane from this F'ing challenge.)

I know, right? There's just so much to try and keep track of. I need a more straight forward clue, I'm too lazy for all this researching and emailing.

Yeah, me too. I mostly analyze all of the stuff that's already there, like the test studies. No cryptic puzzle-solving for me.

Only one more study left in the catalog to be released! Hopefully, by then, something big might happen, even though we might not have all of the info we could possibly want on the new coaster. Can't wait until the day of announcement, either!

A lot of us seem to think so. If you look at the blueprints and see how the supports are laid out (especially the lift hill), you can tell that it points to Intamin. Most likely the double-spined track and cable lift that's featured on I-305.

The same message is on the page as before: "REACH OUT TO ME, I WILL HAVE INFORMATION TO SHARE SHORTLY. DR. M. COUPONE". Here's what I pulled off the page so far.

*EDIT: Didn't that doctor interview page say that they'd allow a few people to ask like three questions apiece? That might have something to do with why there's four rows of three boxes.

Untitled1.thumb.png.920cb6386880a8e23d9ab11c61e02fae.png

Untitled2.thumb.png.e60509d1fd5f2c70d4600993533698c1.png

I'm still oggled at how most of the characters in this are musically oriented.

I'm still oogled at why there are all of those empty boxes layed out for us. Clearly, it must be an in-progress page that got leaked too early. Either that, or what CoasterFreak101 said.

Hershey definately got really cryptic with this last case study. Hopefully, it doesn't get that much harder from here. *Cough*Nantami*Cough* Not to mention, we still have to find Dr. Cupone! Maybe he could possibly give us more information...

^He's already been found yesterday:

mcoupone@rideinstitute.com

Reply:

Thank you for contacting the AP/AR Department at RIT. I am currently out of the office but If you are an outside vendor submitting your invoice for Q2, we will review your paperwork and issue payment within 30 business days. If submitting your internal expense report, please remember our new policy--effective November, 2010--and remember to keep a copy of your receipt.

Dr. Michael Coupone, PHD Accountant

He's the accountant.

I have just received this from RIOT:

Dear Jack,

On behalf of the Media Relations Team at the Ride Institute of Technology, we were delighted to offer 12 accredited journalists the exclusive opportunity to question our world-renowned scientists and researchers. Since 1911, we have maintained a collegial relationship with our counterparts in the fourth estate by periodically granting limited access to advanced scientific research conducted under the utmost secrecy.

To date, we have received more than 600 applications from science reporters across the country, many of whom have been honored repeatedly with their profession’s highest awards and designations. When accounting for the highly competitive selection process, the extremely technical nature of our work, and the privacy with which we conduct it, we are triply honored to recognize you as one of our 12 selected journalists.

From the moment you receive this notification, you will have 48 hours to electronically submit up to three questions for either Dr. Olivier Dekland II or Dr. Stevie Ray Rose. There are no preconditions regarding the topics you address, nor limits to the depth or breadth of your inquiries. We ask only that you respect the confidential nature of our ongoing projects within the Interdisciplinary Studies Group.

Sincerely,

Media Relations

Ride Institute of Technology

Has anyone else received this or am I 1 in 12. What three questions shall I ask?