TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Halloween Horror Nights: Reflections of Fear

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ah ha, that makes sense and I'm glad its something new and different. Any idea when said commercial is to be released? and good job finding the end audio of the first case, i love it and I don't think everyone listened that far, I know i didn't the first time but i did the second.

Case 2 has been released

Only the first details about the guy so far, also a letter at the bottom of the screen.

My prediction at this moment in time is probably Interstellar terror, which a slight maybe on doomsday.

The site was updated again today.

7/17/08

Updated again in the the event overview page with this.

This year, Brian Brushwood will appear with his world-renowned magic show. Stuffed full of the most intense, riveting, and disturbing feats you’ve ever seen performed live. Brian’s show has been called “Amazing!” by Jay Leno and “funny, dangerous and brilliantly original” by magician Teller of Penn & Teller.

What is this HHN you speak of? (Jokes)

Yep yep, the season is starting. The houses were leaked, if anyone cares but im not going to say here.

The site is getting some updates, but the ones actually regarding the event, not the story start in late august. This is by far my favorite season.

• 2 weeks later...

The Doctor's starting to unravel now. The page has changed a bit, with the degrees coming off center, some red roses around and she has a new personal note section. It seems case 3 really got to her...

I've known about this for awhile, but all I can say is bleh. Did anyone actually enjoy his act last year? :Taiko Confused Red:

I didn't see his act at HHN, but I do enjoy his podcast on Revision3: Scam School. From the snippets of his act that I've seen, he seems like Penn Jillette without Teller, so that's not too bad. It'll be a good enough side show for HHN

BTW: HHN build up this year is fantastic as always. The cases are extremely creepy, especially with The Doctor's audio notes. They always give me that tightness in the chest like something awful is going to happen. I'm always extremely impressed with the way they build the event and this year's no different. It's marketing genius.

Yes I really like the music also has changed, I believe that is a different quote but from the same guy. Very interesting new note section, I have a feeling the next case study is going to be crazy. Did anyone else figure out that if you click on the photos in case three and then flash the light bulbs that you can see the creatures. its pretty cool I recommend trying it.

Case 4 is now up. The first case in seeing the little things in the Doctor's transformation, like the page being ripped, some poor grammar, writing outside the lines of the boxes and, of course, a different pen color. Must be the pen from case 2. Anywho, strange fear this time around: megelo/herpetophobia, or the fear of giant snakes, reptiles and other like animals. In the further notes, specifically the fear of a enteroctopus dofleini, the scientific name for a giant octopus. Um...ok. Given those clues, I guess this is for the maze in the Disaster queue because one of the props is a giant octopus tentacle.

This also confirms my suspicions about the doodles in the II tab when you listen to the audio. The Doctor is, subconsciously, doodling out the themes and concepts for all the mazes for the year because among the doodles are those alien drawings, the jack-o-lantern landscape and a giant octopus tentacle, which already have been hinted with in the cases.

Given those clues, I guess this is for the maze in the Disaster queue because one of the props is a giant octopus tentacle.

It's Creatures. That tentacle prop is just part of the Disaster attraction. They wouldn't theme a house around it.

If you haven't signed up for HHN emails I would suggest you do so. The latest email received is below. You can sign up for them at the bottom of the HHN website OR simply by clicking on the torn page in Case 4. If you notice, the tear on the page matches the tear on the email communication.

hhn_email3.thumb.jpg.ad64600f4c0e9d653bb1484840a5f0d8.jpg

HHN Email

This keeps getting better and better! The whole story line that ties everything together is really cool. Beats the hell out of any Haunts I've done before (Wonderland and Cedar Point). I'm really really looking forward to my first visit to HHN this year!

Shawn "Is it October yet?" Goode

Nice work there fleastcoaster. I didn't even think of checking the page edges when I got the email.

This is the first time I have followed along with the build up to HHN, and I am very impressed with the amount of work they put in to the site and the cases. Hopefully more will start to appear from the private detective that wrote the letter in the email.

- Andrew "Its not to far away Shawn" Janes

awesome!

(in the description of the video)

There will be all-new haunted houses, scarezones and shows. And at the center of the horror will be someone new. Someone you've never met before but long-feared. Someone who inflicts fear beyond comprehension.

The description even gives me chills!

• 3 weeks later...

I've been obsessively following the HHN18 website and all the fanboards for this year's event. I have to say, they're really outdoing themselves with this year's website.

I'm so into it that I can actually say that I'm worried about what's going to happen to the detective! Will Mary get him? Will he end Mary and bring her into her full Bloody Mary status?

So nerdy but they do such a good job with this stuff... kills me that I can't attend the event this year!

Mike

It's a photo from the set of the commercial. There are others, but she is out of character in most of them. It ruins the effect, so I wouldn't recommend trying to find them. But yes, it's the real deal. Otherwise I wouldn't post it.

You're on candid camera!