TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun Construction - Prowler

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Regarding the posts on the last page about the bender, I'm pretty sure it's more likely that it's there this early for doing rebar work for the foundation than the track work stuff. It probably gets used for both, but considering the stage they're at in construction I don't think tools for doing tracking would have shown up yet.

The scary thing is, over on Thrill Network, someone pretending to be DHollon's wife revealed a bunch of probably fake information, but she (he) also said there would be a cat on the loose at worlds of fun (or something like that).

Probably just a weird coincidence.

I'm not understanding the Hersey Park angle but then again I haven't followed their teasers.

I don't understand how a PR team having some fun with a camera = fail??? They seem like the types that would be cheesy on purpose so wouldn't that = success?

A new wood coaster using recycled lumber from Mean Streak

Hurray for the environment!

We can all wish, and hope! After all when was the last time WOF got something new, and big?

Patriot doesn’t count, that was a fluke.

I just hope they go back to basics and build us a fun classic in sense wood coaster. Air, sudden drops, quick turns = fun!

I will be surprised if a couple new rides (for the park anyways) + the coaster do not appear next season.

We can all wish, and hope! After all when was the last time WOF got something new, and big?

I hardly consider Patriot a fluke. Not only did it greatly increase attendance, it is also a great ride. The way people are treating WOF is disgraceful. This is WOF, not CP, SFMM, or SFGAdv.

-Justin "No one seemed to laugh at IB or HW's sad attempts at making advertisement teasers" Seabaugh

What's wrong with Patriot? It's a great ride- it's even got airtime! And as CP_Rules said, it greatly increased attendence. Worlds of Fun is and probably will be for some time a fairly small, family oriented park with some good thrill rides. I've been to CP, KI, SFMM, etc. and they are all too different to judge wof against.

Sorry to be the party pooper but,

Patriot is probably the most boring coaster I have ever been on. It does nothing but look good and sell lots of merch and for all the arguments of it bringing in lots of people, I remember management saying Thunderhawk was a huge crowd pleaser and brought in numbers the park hadt seen in years.

On to the topic of the new ride, its a GCI no questions asked and I cant wait to ride it.

I hardly consider Patriot a fluke. Not only did it greatly increase attendance, it is also a great ride. The way people are treating WOF is disgraceful. This is WOF, not CP, SFMM, or SFGAdv.

-Justin "No one seemed to laugh at IB or HW's sad attempts at making advertisement teasers" Seabaugh

Let me adjust that remark as it was taken in the wrong direction.

The Patriot was a fluke remark was because CF actually spent money on the park for that attraction verses the typical little to very lacking attention this park normally receives other then reductions and black asphalt.

For the record I loved the old WOF before CF killed it after purchase. It's not a bad park but also not the same that it once was when it did have a more (seems like) interested owner.

Cheers!

After reading the blog and seeing the pics of construction, they better be having 2 attractions open next year. That contruction is of a building, so unless they are building the station first, its probably a new haunt. Or maybe they are building the gift shop for the ride.

Please don't let all this hype be for a freaking new haunt.

Sorry to be the party pooper but, Patriot is probably the most boring coaster I have ever been on.

and for all the arguments of it bringing in lots of people, I remember management saying Thunderhawk was a huge crowd pleaser and brought in numbers the park hadt seen in years.

First off, I have to disagree about Patriot being a boring coaster... I think it is actually quite a good coaster and have never spoken with one rider who described it as boring.

And as for draw.... I speak with park management many times each season and everyone has been happy with the attendance and attention created by Patriot.

For the record I loved the old WOF before CF killed it after purchase. It's not a bad park but also not the same that it once was when it did have a more (seems like) interested owner.

I agree fully.... the Lamar Hunt days were certainly the 'Golden Age' of this park. Luckily, I grew up with this park during that time and have many fond memories of it as such.

Well, over at Thrill Network, DHollon said that the building underneath boomerang was for the new maze/haunt-I think it says Africa on the building permit and anyway he has inside information some of the time and can normally be trusted.

I don't think this is hype for the haunt though.

I agree fully.... the Lamar Hunt days were certainly the 'Golden Age' of this park. Luckily, I grew up with this park during that time and have many fond memories of it as such.

While I only have visited WOF a few times before Cedar Fair bought it, and I was quite young at the time, I have to disagree. The park "feels" different, but is better to me now.

Sorry to be the party pooper but,

Patriot is probably the most boring coaster I have ever been on. It does nothing but look good and sell lots of merch and for all the arguments of it bringing in lots of people, I remember management saying Thunderhawk was a huge crowd pleaser and brought in numbers the park hadt seen in years.

On to the topic of the new ride, its a GCI no questions asked and I cant wait to ride it.

Sorry to be a pooper scooper, but you must be dead if you think Patriot is boring. Its forceful (storong positives on the first drop and loop, three moments of airtime, two of them pretty strong for an invert), fun, and smooth. Not only do I think it's the best ride in the park, but it easily beats out half of the "amazing" rides I've ridden at Cedar Point. I think you're in the minority if you think a 150 foot B&M invert is boring.

My opinion includes more than just the rides themselves.... it also encompasses the way the park is run as well as atmosphere and live entertainment. I've worked on special projects in that park under both owners and, personally, much preferred the Hunt days.

On the Hunt day's argument it was a different time and a different style of ownership. The park was actually a theme park with the whole Around the World in 80 days concept. Three big boats, lands that were themed to different Lands, food that fit the ares. Now, it's an Amusement park with rides and concepts that fit today. I loved the early years of WOF but some of you aren't old enough to remember the deuterating rides and areas towards the end of the Hunt era. The Orient Express was very and I mean very rough. The corkscrew that turned into a stand-up was a neck breaker prior to taking out. The shows faded away along with the live acts at the Fourm. I believe it simply became to expensive to keep up with the big boys, so he sold.

As for CF they basically gutted any and all theming as well as the front entrance, the trams, and all three boats. It is a truly sad xpirenance going there now and not seeing the magic the park once had. Though I must say the Mamba and The Patriot are great coasters. For those of you that have never seen the park full it was amazing to feel the feeling of a local park pleasing it's patrons. Remember times have changed, in the 70's WOF drew from the Dakotas, Iowa, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, and Arkansas. Now there are many local and regional parks that weren't there back then.