TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Robb & Jahan Go To White Castle

Tonight I am capturing footage from our "post-MidWest Trip" tapes to get footage for the opening and closing segments of Coaster Expedition Volume 10 and I ran across this White Castle footage that I had completely forgotten about!

All I can say is this is a TPR video of epic proportions and it fully captures the experience that is "White Castle."

Enjoy.....

whitecastle.wmv

whitecastle.zip

Downloadable Version!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The White Castle stop seemed to be one of the defining moments of the trip, as most people were truly excited for it. I, as a Michigan native with a White Castle a few miles away, knew that eating there would of sent me out for a day, so I proceeded to avoid it like the plague. This video was an excellent reminder of an excellent trip, I can't wait for the DVD!

-nesdude

What's so bad about White Castle?

White Castle for me is all about the steamed and soft hamburger buns. The burgers (if you can call them that) are the smallest and thinnest pieces of hamburger they could find. They they pile on onions, pickles, ketchup and mustard if I remember correctly.

Great hangover food or 3am bar food.....but you will regret it the several hours later or the next morning. In Florida, all we have are Krystal's.

Gimme Whattaburger anyday!!

What's so bad about White Castle?

Nastiest fast food chain out there.

That's what makes it so good.

Plus they tend to be in really, really sketchy areas.

Hey, there's a White Castle 4 blocks from my house!

But seriously, in St. Louis they are loved so much, they're even out in the county in the "rich" areas (my area of the city is very middle class).

White Castle is good but the sliders hit you hard! Once you eat one, you will know why they're called "slidders"! There is one in Gurnee just outside of SFGAm entrance near Gurnee Mills and we ate there after we went to sFGAm and I got really sick!

I just remembered, there is a White Castle moving into Rockfors, IL in a few months which is where I live! YAY! Great and funny video Robb!

LOL! That video is soooo funny!

White Castle is quite possibly the most "interesting" fast food that I have ever had. Not once did I get sick on the trip, until the moment after we ate, which made for an interesting plane flight home, and for the next 48 hours later.

What was really funny was seeing the MASSIVE excitement that we all shared about eating at White Castle, slowly dissolve as the Sliders hit our stomachs. In the end, we were all like..."DUDE, what's going on with my body?!!!"

chuck "Still recovering from White Castle!" garcia

ok i love white catle but here in florida there is none so i goto krystal man white castle ought to open up down here in florida to kompeter wht krystal.

^ That's pretty much the most accurate description of White Castle ever, Chuck. Granted, it didn't get me sick (maybe the only thing on that trip that didn't!) but let's just say the idea of eating WC is more pleasant than actually doing it. But they DID have Vault in their fountain and their fries were awesome.

It was still one of the highlights of the trip for me, I still have one of the slider boxes and the plastic cup on my shelf at work.

There is nothing wrong with White Castle but it is absolutely a love/hate thing.

You either can down about 50 of those little burgers or think it's completely disgusting. I don't think there is much in between!

But regardless if you love it or hate it, you'll produce the most amazing farts about an hour afterwards. Just ask anyone who was in that Six Flags Great America Batman queue with Joey in 2006!

--Robb