TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's Compact NL Coaster Contest

Okay, I think I'm finished with my coaster. Please comment!

The track is good but not great (pumps/Brake not straight) but the main problem is those supports. Apart from the ones on the lift there not good at all, the part that goes over the pink box doesn't even have any.

Mind you, it was fun!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

CCJared; if it was Vekoma track instead of Schwarzkopf it would have looked so much like Xpress at Walibi World..

Its premier track not Schwarzkopf. It looks pretty cool. I am now just going throught all the supports and checking for tunnel tests. It passes only just. And only passes because same block tunnel collisions without intruding tracks passes. So there may be tunner hits, but it still passes.

I will be doing cartexture and .3ds queue and station too. I am guessing that 1st of may is the very latest for the upload? Correct me if i am wrong. if tommorow is the deadline, i got a lot of work to do...

Its premier track not Schwarzkopf. It looks pretty cool. I am now just going throught all the supports and checking for tunnel tests. It passes only just. And only passes because same block tunnel collisions without intruding tracks passes. So there may be tunner hits, but it still passes.

I will be doing cartexture and .3ds queue and station too. I am guessing that 1st of may is the very latest for the upload? Correct me if i am wrong. if tommorow is the deadline, i got a lot of work to do...

I'll let the screenshots do the talking...

I understand what you are saying about no track can be seen inside of the other tunnel however there is a major clearance issue. Suppose there was 2 trains running on the track at one time and they happen to be on one of those really bad clearance spot and someone sticks their hands out...talk about a law suit! I think the bottom line with the tunnel test theory is that absolutely NOTHING can and should enter the tunnel even another tunnel!

Bandit10.JPG.b0c49807d5d185c8bcf732335bf9c688.JPG

finally it's over

Bandit8.JPG.cecda7132545d70f032eb62c80fcdc1c.JPG

Yowsers! I wasnt expecting this!

Bandit7.JPG.bd1ba4a137e1841b63073304872b3f7d.JPG

Im kinda getting use to it now...

Bandit6.JPG.646e048b68dc21b4fbf2b2915d7c057b.JPG

Yikes...

Bandit5.JPG.9226ad40b6d470514f3205dae2ae7687.JPG

It's all over!

Bandit4.JPG.8401861ff87e21a569dbbc27fcd45b57.JPG

Sweet mother of God!

Bandit1.JPG.26ac43ba43c1c7bc1426230034867f52.JPG

DUCK!!

Bandit2.JPG.aee21a8bee846c2cd9f5e854bc90507d.JPG

ohhhh dear!

Bandit.JPG.4766da2f3cb8705a753b68cfb3c54727.JPG

oh sh!t....

CCJared wrote:

Its premier track not Schwarzkopf. It looks pretty cool. I am now just going throught all the supports and checking for tunnel tests. It passes only just. And only passes because same block tunnel collisions without intruding tracks passes. So there may be tunner hits, but it still passes. Taiko Laughing Red

I will be doing cartexture and .3ds queue and station too. I am guessing that 1st of may is the very latest for the upload? Correct me if i am wrong. if tommorow is the deadline, i got a lot of work to do... Taiko WTF?

I'll let the screenshots do the talking...

I understand what you are saying about no track can be seen inside of the other tunnel however there is a major clearance issue. Suppose there was 2 trains running on the track at one time and they happen to be on one of those really bad clearance spot and someone sticks their hands out...talk about a law suit! I think the bottom line with the tunnel test theory is that absolutely NOTHING can and should enter the tunnel even another tunnel!

Believe it or not, it passes. As all the collisions are on the same block, no two trains will run through that section at one time. So basically it passes.

There no such thing as never in the real world...in the real world coasters are designed so that there is 100% clearance on all track sections. You just never know what may happen.

NOLIMITS IS THE REAL WORLD!!! Thats what the people in my head tell me ! Well personally I stick to the nothing in the tunnel at all. I just dont take that risk.

Jarvis "waiting on the official tunnel test definition" Morant

Official Tunnel Test Definitions as Posted by Gurus on CoasterSims

Another thing you can encounter protruding your tunnel is another tunnel. This is a little more tricky since there are a few possible scenarios in this case. First you should check whether any part of the track in the other tunnel is protruding the tunnel of the section you are checking? If so, it is a track hit and should be treated much like a support hit. Move either (or both) of the tracks further away from the other to get rid of hit. Usually checking for a track hit requires some handy maneuvering in Fly View; if you want to make it a little easier you can go back into the editor and temporarily disable the tunnel on the section that may cause the track hit.

If there is no track hit, there’s still one more thing to check. If the colliding tunnels are on the same block, there is no danger for the passengers since there can never be 2 trains in 1 block. However, if both tunnels are on different blocks it will be possible for 2 trains to be at the tunnel collision point simultaneously. That would mean that the passengers of both trains could touch each other and that could lead to passenger injuries. A tunnel-to-tunnel collision on different blocks will require you to move either (or both) of the tracks away from the other until the hit no longer occurs.

On the clearance issue, why not mail Ole Lange about adding a new kind of tunnel that have the same size as the "fan" that the manufactures use, so we could tunnel test our tracks in a more true way then. Since the standard tunnel is no where close to what is used professionally.

Well, I didn't have time to support my coaster (this is the week of our school's musical so I've had bareley enough time to do homework). Good luck to everyone else though.

I know your contest date is over...

Do you think you'll have another one soon? I'd like to show off my Sky Snake. =D

It's my first ever, though.. But yeah. Thanks!

-RR

You don't have to wait! You can do your own competition or post it in a thread on this board or even create a new thread to post it in so people can leave you comments. A thread you can post all your designs in!