TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

Yes they are putting in another flyer. In fact, they are only going to build flying coasters from now on. I have seen the plans and they call for a new flying coaster to be built every 3 years until 2027. They eventually want to rename the park as well. RayWorld - Come Fly With Us.

Yes they are putting in another flyer. In fact, they are only going to build flying coasters from now on. I have seen the plans and they call for a new flying coaster to be built every 3 years until 2027. They eventually want to rename the park as well. RayWorld - Come Fly With Us.

Shamu was so 20th century.

Bored today and inspired by HDR, I tried my hand at styling a couple of my favorite Manta pictures in that manner. Obviously, for anyone who knows anything about HDR, it's nearly impossible to mimic it exactly, but here are a couple of my tries that I figured some people on here would be interested in.

• 3 weeks later...

I dont know if this has been mentioned yet, apologies if it has.

There is a mistake on the initial run of Manta t-shirts (the one with the stats on) They were pulled and reprinted around a week or two into soft opening.

Anyway, if you got one of those first shirts, the word Length is mis-spelled as lenght. Since they were pulled, Im going to reckon these are pretty rare. So I should hang on to mine and keep it in good condition, right?

Oh, I havent been on Manta yet, but my Bride-to-be has and she got one of the shirts just as they pulled them.

• 1 month later...

I'm a little surprised at how quiet this thread has been since the ride opened. Not many reviews or anything of it.

Has anyone been out to ride it lately? How are operations? How are the crowds?

Any news?

--Robb

I went on a Monday at the end of June and got 8 rides on it with no more than a 10 minute wait all day.

They were running all 3 trains and getting everyone on quick.

I would rate it above every other flyer except Tatsu, being that I have never ridden it yet so I can't rate it.

I am supposed to go out to Orlando in a couple weeks. So i'll be able to post a S:UF and Tatsu comparison. Personally I think it looks up to par with Tatsu. I am so excited to ride on it.

For anyone who lives in the local area. Any info on what lines have been like during the weekend or Fridays would be greatly appreciated. I want to make sure I can fit everything in.

Recently lines have been pretty huge starting right in the morning. Its not too uncommon to see the line all the way out towards strollers as early as 10AM in the morning. Weekdays been a little better but not by much.

As for the wait, I haven't seen anything shorter than 70 minutes in a while during the day. The longest I have seen has been 120 minutes. However just to let everyone know, Manta seem to have technical difficulties at least once a day that closes the ride. Usually no more than an hour than it opens up again.

All of this has been within the last two weeks. Basically Manta has been very popular with the general public.

I was there a week ago on a Sunday. They were running 2 trains and there was a wait of 2 hours. I quickly headed to the quick queue counter, it was after 5 so it only cost me 20 bucks. My wait times were less than 10 minutes and I rode at least ten times.

The ride is pretty great. I am not sure how it rates overall but it is considerably better than Superman at Great Adventure. The thing is flat out beautiful, Seaworld did a great job. As others have said the Pretzel loop is very intense especially in the back. I really love the drop off the brake run into the splash effect and the waterfall fly by. You can actually touch the water from the left side of the train. The interaction with the walkways is also very cool.

Manta is a perfect addition to Seaworld. Between Manta, Kraken, and the Shamu shows it has become one of my favorite parks.

Hey Robb, is Seaworld typically a TPR destination? I am sure you will enjoy it in October and I look forward to hearing your thoughts. I would love to say hi if you will be here for HHN. Take care.

Well, I was there during the Media Day event the day before it officially opened. I also saw a few TPR members there as well. This was my first B&M Flyer and the second flyer I've ever been on. The other one is a Flying Dutchman model from Vekoma called Firehawk at King's Island and Manta blew that one right out of the water and into next week. Manta is everything that a B&M coaster is, which means it's smooth and very comfortable. I thought the sound effects that came on when the trains were being raised into their Flying position was neat, it continued through the bottom of the lift hill. The lift hill actually goes over the walkway near the bottom which allows lots of photo opps.

The first drop was really nice, it's actually two feet longer than Tatsu's first drop. Then it goes right into the Pretzel Loop which was a first for me and really fun. there's also a nice pop of zreo-g entering it. From there, the rest of the ride doesn't let up. Following the mid course brake run comes the Wing Dip water splash which is another great photo opp, followed by a high banked turn, a near miss with a water fall, a barrel roll, then a plunge towards the ground before the final brake run.

Sea World also did an excellent job theming the que with a Key West theme on the outside and a underwater theme on the inside with one huge tank and several smaller tanks.

Here's alink to my YouTube video of Manta which includes a walk through of the que after Manta was closed to the public for the media.