TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 268: Inside Look event photo report!

At the park on 6/8 for the end of the ACE SpringCon (first two days at BGT) IceBreaker would be a fun family coaster if they were able to let younger kids ride it but since they shot themselves in the foot with the comfort collars which prevent said kids from riding it's all kind of eh. Manta was down all day, one of the employees told me during ert it was due to "someone doing something they were not supposed to be doing".....? I have no idea if that someone was a guest or an employee. But I can tell you that there was a crew working on the lift hill ALL day. Also Infinity Falls was closed for annual maintenance. I totally get that in a year round park that is going to happen but they knew 450 attendees were coming to the event, way ahead of time, did it have to be closed that day? Couldn't do the annual maintenance a week earlier? Just kind of butt hurt on that one because the only other time we were at the park was the summer it opened and we missed it by one week. Even though it was supposed to have a summer opening. And we were there the last week of July. Grrr. Whatever. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, teacherkim said:

Also Infinity Falls was closed for annual maintenance. I totally get that in a year round park that is going to happen but they knew 450 attendees were coming to the event, way ahead of time, did it have to be closed that day? Couldn't do the annual maintenance a week earlier? Just kind of butt hurt on that one because the only other time we were at the park was the summer it opened and we missed it by one week. Even though it was supposed to have a summer opening. And we were there the last week of July. Grrr. Whatever.

I'm the last person to ever actually ride Rapids rides, but I found it kind of ridiculous that Infinity Falls AND the Rapids at BGT are both down for maintenance in May. Shouldn't that be a winter project?

• Like 1

On 5/13/2022 at 6:35 PM, coasterbill said:

I still can’t believe they wouldn’t just run all of their coasters when they only have 4. It’s just so weird…

Yeah I just assumed it was because the Halloween event was all located on one side of the park so logistically it just kind of made sense to keep the event isolated to that area.

If Manta is open this year I'm curious how they're going to have the event laid out. With the new coaster construction I'm assuming that pathway will still be closed, but maybe they open up the pathway past Mako around to the water front area for a scare zone, maybe a house in that area somewhere? Could possibly put another show in the Seaport theatre. Should be interesting to see when everything is officially announced.