TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 266: Reef Plunge and more announced for Aquatica!

This is really just stunning to me. I guess they’re trying to play it safe with this event and not open the entire park incase it bombs, but you do have to balance that with putting out an actual good product when HHN is literally right down the street.

• Like 2

HA!  Pass. Do they just hate money?  Who is in charge of this company these days?  I feel like it's been a steady downward spiral.  Soon enough they'll put Pontin's Holiday Camp to shame.

• Like 2

I think it will be a flop. I expect no lines for anything once 10p hits because everyone will be done with everything. I can't imagine going until 2am in what will likely be such an empty park. Should have made Ice Breaker a HOS exclusive. Now that would be a smart business move right there... make up for disappointing everyone with lack of rides with some new hotness.

I mean, I HOPE I'm wrong. I want it to succeed. But I just don't see it. Not trying to be a negative nancy but there is so much missed opportunity. And everyone is going to compare it to HOS in Tampa and be disappointed with lack of rides, etc, for a much higher cost.

Maybe it's because I still have Six Flags Darien Lakes fright fest stuck in my brain from a few years ago. lol.

I'll find out soon!

• Like 2

It's annoying because this event should be great if they opened the whole park (minus the midway with key west, Turtle Trek and the dolphin rehab area and Pacific Point and a few other animal areas obviously). Imagine how cool that Antarctica section would look with fog and creepy lighting and a house somewhere but... nah, screw it.

I get why they want Infinity Falls open because the ride actually has a really cool vibe at night but at the same time it's more fun to watch than it is to ride once it gets dark (or actually ever).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, coasterbill said:

It's annoying because this event should be great if they opened the whole park (minus the midway with key west, Turtle Trek and the dolphin rehab area and Pacific Point and a few other animal areas obviously). Imagine how cool that Antarctica section would look with fog and creepy lighting and a house somewhere but... nah, screw it.

I get why they want Infinity Falls open because the ride actually has a really cool vibe at night but at the same time it's more fun to watch than it is to ride once it gets dark (or actually ever).

Yeah I agree, and the area around Journey and Kraken already has a cool vibe at night, just throw some fog in there and it's already a scare zone. Maybe the houses and scare zones are really good and this thing is a success but feels like a real missed opportunity.

At SeaWorld today for a few hours, have a platinum pass or whatever they are calling it now at Williamsburg so doesn't affect me too much but an fyi they are shutting down mako, xfinity falls, sesame street and the other Halloween areas at 4pm today. I know it's the first weekend but 3 hours in between the park actually closing and the event starting seems a bit excessive if they keep doing that from now on. 

Mako was still as fun as ever. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, coasterbill said:

I believe there is a media event for Howl O Scream tonight. That may not be a nightly occurrence... but it also might because, well... SeaWorld.

Very true. 

Looking forward to hearing how it goes this weekend down there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coasterbill said:

I believe there is a media event for Howl O Scream tonight. That may not be a nightly occurrence... but it also might because, well... SeaWorld.

Gotcha that makes sense. They were announcing it through out the day at least so we made sure to get some Mako rides in long before anyway. 

1 hour ago, tndank said:

Very true. 

Looking forward to hearing how it goes this weekend down there. 

I'm waiting to see reviews from tonight and tomorrow and we might go Sunday night then if they are good. Just didn't wanna be there the first night in case it's eh. 

• Like 1

Anyone make it out to Howloscream at SeaWorld last weekend? Seems like everything I read online about the event was overwhelmingly positive in general. With it being opening weekend it's hard to tell if those reviews are legitimate or maybe slightly biased for being the first weekend (especially from people at the media preview), but it looks like a pretty good time.

If you're planning to go, there is a HUGE deal on Groupon now.  You can also get tickets for Howl-O-Scream at Busch Tampa as well.

And if you enter the code MISSYOU you get an additional 35% off!

I got 2 tickets to use on any night EXCEPT Saturdays for a little over $60!

Here is the link (and feel free to delete it if it goes against policy)

https://www.groupon.com/deals/gl-sea-world-orlando-howl-o-scream?deal_option=0b01d990-7206-4915-8f5a-796fa495a9ef&fbclid=IwAR2GFGc-oSf2cRFXkS7OLvlzK0HYpKdPs-hf8Sas7VXaD8Phoy6b-qWlkPc

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, pianojohn said:

If you're planning to go, there is a HUGE deal on Groupon now.  You can also get tickets for Howl-O-Scream at Busch Tampa as well.

And if you enter the code MISSYOU you get an additional 35% off!

I got 2 tickets to use on any night EXCEPT Saturdays for a little over $60!

Here is the link (and feel free to delete it if it goes against policy)

https://www.groupon.com/deals/gl-sea-world-orlando-howl-o-scream?deal_option=0b01d990-7206-4915-8f5a-796fa495a9ef&fbclid=IwAR2GFGc-oSf2cRFXkS7OLvlzK0HYpKdPs-hf8Sas7VXaD8Phoy6b-qWlkPc

That seems to be pretty close to the same price as the passholder discount but still a pretty good deal, especially for the two park option. I was looking at some local haunts around here and they can get up close to $40 with various skip the line options, so compared to that 4 houses and scare zones with Mako seems like a pretty good deal. Might end up checking this out after all.

7 hours ago, Hilltopper39 said:

That seems to be pretty close to the same price as the passholder discount but still a pretty good deal, especially for the two park option. I was looking at some local haunts around here and they can get up close to $40 with various skip the line options, so compared to that 4 houses and scare zones with Mako seems like a pretty good deal. Might end up checking this out after all.

The cheapest I found as a passholder was $41 on the non peak nights. So you can save about $10 per ticket if you buy two on Groupon.  Comes out to $31.20 per ticket with the discount and no service fees.

• Like 1

Monster Stomp was a decent enough show (though I'm not really into the whole song and dance thing, they did have a cool "knife" segment.

The bars seemed really nicely and heavily themed, though I only looked in from the outside. I didn't have anything to drink.

The actors did a pretty good job, but I only found two of the four houses to be decently done set-wise. The fact that they don't do Conga Lines like Horror Nights does always give SEAS a step up in scare factor. Always a positive.

I had high hopes for the Wild Arctic one but that ended up being the worst. The scare zones were very basic, but again, I think there are more scares at SeaWorld than say HHN. The makeup was pretty impressive in the scare zones too. Set-wise was very very eh.

Not usually one to complain, but the night was a bit tainted and very frustrating by some of the guest services staff and the staff at the front of ALL the houses who were completely clueless on procedures that were told to us, so my group had some major ADA issues, but they did give us tickets for next year to try and make things right. They would have let us go again this year but we are no longer local and wouldn't have an opportunity to use the tickets. Hopefully nobody else has to go through what we went through. I understand it was their second day and have kinks to work out, but it was a complete shitshow and I feel bad for anyone who needed special accommodations.

Overall I think Tampa is a much better value, but Seaworld was decent enough to warrant a visit. Just make sure you understand the cheese factor going into it and the fairly generic themes in the houses, and you will have a good time. Don't expect Horror Nights. A much more "budget-ty" haunt. Which is not surprising, lol.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Aquatica Orlando has announced new enhancements at the park including Reef Plunge, an update to the previous Dolphin Plunge attraction!

https://aquatica.com/orlando/whats-new/

What's New at Aquatica Orlando

The new year is almost here and we can’t wait to share all the amazing new additions you’ll find when you visit Aquatica Orlando. From new food to thrilling new attractions and other new improvements to your experience around every corner, USA's #1 Waterpark is getting even better in 2022!

660x410-APO-Reef-Plunge-KeyArt.jpg.1b399e1c730f3f68bc78c2331d9e0413.jpg

Experience an All-New Water Slide Adventure This Spring

An exhilarating new water slide experience, Reef Plunge, is coming to Aquatica just in time for Spring Break 2022! Splash, twist, and turn through over 330 feet of eye-catching translucent cutouts and rings. Zoom past a dynamic new underwater habitat that’s home to a vibrant array of marine life, including Commerson’s dolphins, leopard sharks, sardines, and other cold-water fish. Get ready to plunge into this all-new, one-of-a-kind adventure this spring!.

660x410-APO-Park-Scope.jpg.e3536d42abe98baa239e203e426d10d5.jpg

That’s Just One Part of a Huge Aquatica Refresh!

Find more shady spots to sit with 1,000 new loungers and beach chairs. Savor new bites and sips with quick-service pizza and bar additions. Explore exciting upgrades to Omaka Rocka, KareKare Curl, and more, in addition to the all-new experience of Reef Plunge. It’s all part of the biggest refresh ever at Aquatica Orlando, coming to you in time for Spring Break 2022 and designed to make your experience even more comfortable and enjoyable. Keep watching for details!

660x410-APO-2021_Riptide_Race.jpg.b03a95c49e6c1f1b03be37a829d99eb3.jpg

The All-New Riptide Race is Now Open!
World's Tallest Dueling Racer

Ready? Set? Race! The world's tallest dueling racer is nearly ready to open. Grab a friend and race through high-speed tunnels as you see your opponents side by side and face to face. Who will reach the finish line first? You can learn more about Riptide Race here.

660x410-APO-Papas-Cantina.jpg.74c89dccd3bd2badf62fc4b25da04129.jpg

Papa's Cantina

Papa, our resident spoonbill Aquatican, is bringing his recipes to his brand-new cantina next to Motu’s Bar. Choose from a variety of boneless wings and empanadas to dip into an assortment of delicious sauce flavors like Papa’s secret sauce, avocado crema, and chipotle ranch.

660x410-SWO-Blog-SpringBreak-SSFF.jpg.84a18dd05540bc5a06510d5af4883f3d.jpg

We hope to see you enjoying these amazing park enhancements at Aquatica Orlando this spring. Be sure to stay in the loop with everything happening by following us on Facebook, Instagram, and on the Aquatica Orlando Blog.

On 10/11/2021 at 3:05 PM, tndank said:

New closures posted.

Manta 10/18 - 11/28 (New paint confirmed)

Seal Lion Stadium 10/18 - 10/28

Kraken 11/29 - 1/3

Update: They realized that this was unfathomably stupid.

Kraken will now be open for the busiest week of the entire year. Big brain moves…

E0808264-9386-4801-9A01-BCCAA5590AD2.jpeg

• Like 2