TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 263: New Howl-O-Scream event announced!​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

When we were there the other day we saw it testing a partial circuit. I thought of recording it but I was pretty sure there would be some nerd camped out all day waiting a crazy camera waiting for it to cycle so I bought a beer and rode Manta instead. It looks like I made the right call...

Speaking of SeaWorld, Dolphin Days has very quietly been budget cut for a month and replaced with a trainer occasionally showing up around the dolphin pool which they occasionally do anyway. It's listed as being closed "for refurbishment" but I mean... what are they doing? Polishing the dolphins?

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AMEN!!! It's so dumb to me that a company (Premier) which made headlines and won awards and praise from all of us for taking OTSR's OFF of rides that didn't need it is now needlessly putting OTSR

Is this like spanking the monkeys?

Is this a Halloween event or a drag show?

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

So I screwed up back in November and purchased a one day ticket for the family to do a day at SeaWorld while we are at Disney for spring break.  The screw up was me scheduling our day to visit on a Saturday when it turns out the ticket I purchased is only good on weekdays.  I have called the customer service number for SeaWorld numerous times and held and held and held and left messages for them to return my call with no success.  I have also done an online submission to customer service with no luck either.  I was hoping to see if they could change my tickets for an added fee of course without me having to purchase completely new tickets without any refund on the old ones.  It is absolutely ridiculous that you cannot even speak to a customer service rep about a problem.  I miss the days of AB ownership.  If I ever do get to talk to someone do you think they will help me?

47 minutes ago, coasterbill said:

I've never had an issue getting through to SeaWorld. Maybe they're just crazy since it's Spring Break?

When you call the number it gives you the "due to staffing issues during Covid we are experiencing extremely long hold times" mumbo jumbo.  In other words they've laid everyone off and there is no one to answer the phone.  It's frustrating because this is something I will have to speak to an actual person to resolve.

Quickest way to get ahold of them is typically Facebook messages.  I asked a question about official hotel perks last night and they got back to me this afternoon.  

• 3 weeks later...

Went to Aquatica this morning to try out their new slide Riptide Race.  It's a fun, two person, double tube slide. Here's a short video we did, bigger video soon!  I will say this ride is  best enjoyed with a lot of weight in the tubes and make sure you're actually racing someone. It's pretty long for a tube slide so that's also nice. 

If you're on mobile, tap below for video!

• Like 2

So this will be a trip report sort of post about my visit to Sea World Orlando today.  Before I start let me say that I have spent the week in Disney prior to this visit and had a great time and was impressed with how they are handling the Covid situation.  Before the visit even started I had tried to reach out to Sea World to help me with an issue where I mistakenly purchased the wrong type of ticket (my fault) but just needed to get it corrected.  After multiple 30 minute stints on the phone and an email later no one ever contacted me.  We got to the park about 30 minutes before opening and made it in no problem and headed for Manta.  We got in line and realized pretty quickly the mask enforcement would be much different.  There were people all around us either not wearing them or wearing them incorrectly.  This would be a recurring them throughout the day.  

We then rode Journey to Atlantis and Kraken.  On no ride could you choose where to sit and all the ride operations were absolutely terrible.  the park was packed by 10:00am and the staff was woefully short.  I felt sorry for the folks working food stands by themselves with hordes of people standing in line waiting on them.  The management seemed to have understaffed everything and the ride ops acted like they couldn't care less about trying to load in a timely fashion.  

At the shows we attended the did try to spread you out by skipping rows but by the time the show started they had let so many people in they were sitting everywhere and squeezing in anywhere there was an open spot.  All the while almost half of them were not wearing masks or wearing them incorrectly.  

All in all it was a disappointing experience to say the least.  We only got 1 ride on the big 3 coasters each and saw a couple shows and did a couple exhibits and decided to leave.  

The ownership seems to be trying to run these parks into the ground.  The difference between our experience at Disney and Sea World was like staying at the Ritz Carlton vs a Motel 6.  I know this isn't a fair comparison but it just shows how far this park continues to fall in my opinion.  At this point I"m worried about my trip to Busch Gardens in VA in June.  We'll see I guess.  

• 4 weeks later...

A few updates:

The Temperature Check Tent at SeaWorld Orlando is gone.

spacer.png

Social distancing has been changed to 3 feet

spacer.png

For those following along, this is a 3 foot reduction from what the sign used to say but a 3 foot increase from the typical level of social distancing that has occurred at SeaWorld since reopening last year. The second part doesn't really matter since this will not be followed by anyone but it will probably raise their self-imposed guest cap if they even still have one which they probably don't and even if they do they never hit it anyway.

Source

• Like 2

SeaWorld Orlando has announced that they will debut their own Howl-O-Scream event 

1900x500-SWO-HOS-Banner-v5.thumb.jpg.c2fce8c5717acb8525e60eb19f7adb9e.jpg

https://seaworld.com/orlando/events/howl-o-scream/

HOWL-O-SCREAM TERRIFIES SEAWORLD ORLANDO FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER
A new terror has surfaced, and there’s nowhere to hide. Howl-O-Scream has washed ashore at SeaWorld Orlando, and this time, the fear is everywhere.

Evade angry haunts as they rampage through scare zones. Seek shelter indoors, only to find you’ve entered a house of horrors. Deepen the thrill with a nighttime coaster ride. Quench your thirst for fear at a fiendishly interactive bar. Feel the monstrous electricity of a live show.

Above all, try to resist the haunting song of the one who has emerged from the lake. Evil is calling—with a howl and a scream.

Experience 27 nights of fully immersive fear this fall, only at SeaWorld Orlando. 

Howl-O-Scream is intended for a mature audience. This event contains intense adult content such as violence, gore, and blood. Howl-O-Scream 2021 is a separately-ticketed night event. No costumes are allowed.

*Event dates and details subject to change and/or cancellation without prior notice.

EVENT DATES

September 10th - October 31st

EVENT HOURS

Fridays & Saturdays - 7:00 PM - 2:00 AM 

Thursdays & Sundays - 7:00 PM - 12:00 AM 

380x237-SWO-HOS-Haunted-Houses.jpg.45a820fe6c71989766b34b9c12ec93ec.jpg

HAUNTED HOUSES 

Hear every bloodcurdling shriek. Feel every spine-tingling terror. Get ready for the haunted houses of SeaWorld’s Howl-O-Scream. There’s no turning back as you brave dark passageways and round dimly lit corners, hoping you can avoid what’s lurking in the depths. The legends are true, the fear is real, and the only way out is through.

380x237-SWO-HOS-Scare-Zones.jpg.59d7cbb7b2d499fb085c01a543e92005.jpg

SCARE ZONES & ROAMING HAUNTS 

There are no safe zones. There are no places to hide. The scares are everywhere, and the roaming haunts never weaken. Get ready for immersive terror at every turn during SeaWorld’s Howl-O-Scream. Stay alert and be prepared for anything, because you never know what’s waiting up ahead (or creeping up behind you).

380x237-SWO-HOS-Shows.jpg.dd61cc4fda3b2654ab40324c52369698.jpg

TERRIFYING SHOWS 

Even amid so much mayhem, the show must go on. Duck inside and be mesmerized by a raucous, high-energy musical dance show. Or witness the outdoor spectacle as the ominous story of the one who has emerged from lake unfolds before you. You’ll also find DJs and party zones that are perfect for a dance break between frights.

380x237-SWO-HOS-Rides-Experiences.jpg.078363f01edd55d36200f113f91dd89f.jpg

RIDES & EXPERIENCES 

Have you ever ridden your favorite attraction in the dark? It wouldn’t be a SeaWorld visit without a ride or two, but it wouldn’t be Howl-O-Scream without a dose of nighttime terror. Meanwhile, sinister interactive surprises await at your favorite bar haunts. After nightfall, every moment of fun comes with a splash of fear.

Keep watching to see how this once-peaceful park transforms with fear after nightfall.

195215959_381443316624708_498005562441746676_n.thumb.jpg.abd981b76c3bbfca0d2b9d7adec31bd8.jpg

195873962_386191666064625_4090218348374558684_n.thumb.jpg.84f11bb52fc619b3d5cc137e76a39321.jpg

194847655_354257256034195_500585597630112204_n.thumb.jpg.4cad997f79c440332b84282a7cee42a2.jpg

• Like 2

I can't wait to check out this event from the top of Rip Ride Rockit

... in all seriousness, this is exciting. I feel like it has high suck-potential because they're clearly positioning it as the cheap option and selling the combo ticket for this and BGT for the same price as one night at HHN but more competition has to be a good thing for HHN and every time I've gone to the BGT event I've really enjoyed it.

I think there's a chance that every animal thing will be closed and it will just be rides, pop up bars, mazes and scare zones but please make Clyde & Seamore's high school slaughterhouse of death (or something like that) happen. Then I would buy a ticket immediately.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm pretty excited about this, is it a budget alternative to HHN? Absolutely, but the whole event at BGT is always a lot of fun so I'm sure this should be as well. Give me some spooky atmosphere and short ques for night rides on Mako and Manta all day!

Edit: just read that Friday's and Saturday's it's open until 2 AM !?! Yeah, all of the coasters will probably be complete walk ons after midnight.

26 minutes ago, coasterbill said:

I think there's a chance that every animal thing will be closed and it will just be rides, pop up bars, mazes and scare zones but please make Clyde & Seamore's high school slaughterhouse of death (or something like that) happen. Then I would buy a ticket immediately.

Dye the water in the Shark Encounter red you cowards.........

Also would it be that hard to do a spooky overlay for Journey To Atlantis? None of the effects work anymore anyways, just add some fog and lights and some music and it will be 100% better than it is right now.

Does anyone know what’s going with Antarctica? We just went on it to avoid the rain and it was just the walk-thru part. I like seeing the penguins, but I also kinda like the ride even if it’s a little lame.

Anyway today has been nice but has turned into a super rainy day, just hanging out waiting for the storm to pass. Ice breaker looks cool too, I hope they open it soon!

6 minutes ago, MiABeta said:

Does anyone know what’s going with Antarctica?

“Frostbite” coming to Howl-O-Scream 2021 is going on

12 minutes ago, MiABeta said:

Does anyone know what’s going with Antarctica? We just went on it to avoid the rain and it was just the walk-thru part. I like seeing the penguins, but I also kinda like the ride even if it’s a little lame.

Been that way since COVID started.

5 hours ago, jedimaster1227 said:

194847655_354257256034195_500585597630112204_n.thumb.jpg.4cad997f79c440332b84282a7cee42a2.jpg

Is this a Halloween event or a drag show?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
4 hours ago, Mike240SX said:

Been that way since COVID started.

Gotcha, honestly I’ve seen some complaints lately about the parks operations but even with a much worse than average daily rainstorm had a good time. Kraken closed at 5, but I assume that was employment related and they get a pass for that right now. Had 3 rides on everything else otherwise.

Honestly I think the new dolphin show is a downgrade.

Also got my first ride on Infinity Falls and it was a lot better than I expected. 

On 6/4/2021 at 1:52 PM, coasterbill said:

Or "Clyde & Seamore's Florida Chainsaw Massacre."

I am curious to see how this event works out. Tampa has done a good job with Howl-o-Scream over the years, and SeaWorld's event will offer Haunt fans something else to do that's a bit scarier that "Boo Bash" or "Mickey's Not So Scary."

• Like 1

Knowing how long it takes to put on an event of this magnitude and knowing that NOTHING has been done behind the scenes yet (I know people who work in the park), I am REALLY skeptical that this event will exceed expectations. And if it doesn't compare to HHN or Busch's event, it will always be viewed as a monumental failure.

I just don't see how they can realistically pull this off ESP when Universal is now paying $15/hour. Why would anyone work for Sea World when they can make MORE money down the road AND be guaranteed to be part of a successful Halloween event?

Think about it: Universal plans their HHN events YEAR round. So unless all of the houses and actors and everything are being hired third party, I just don't see how they can pull this off. Reminds me of that event 2 years ago near Gaylord Palms. It was OK but nothing like HHN. 

• Like 1

I hear what you're saying and don't entirely disagree, but they really seem to be positioning themselves as the cheaper option based on the price point and are more focused on competing on that front than on quality alone.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, coasterbill said:

I hear what you're saying and don't entirely disagree, but they really seem to be positioning themselves as the cheaper option based on the price point and are more focused on competing on that front than on quality alone.

I just think they are setting themselves up to fail especially when there is another Howl-O-Scream just down the road (well, an hour or so!) that people will compare Sea World's event to. And the cheapest ticket is $19.99 with a season pass. I guess we will have to wait and see!

• Like 1