TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 266: Reef Plunge and more announced for Aquatica!

^The teaser video clearly uses the word “coaster”. Falcons fury is not a roller coaster even by people that use that term in the most liberal of ways. Seaworld made it very clear that we should 100% be expecting a roller coaster.

Well, I’m an idiot! I totally missed the “coaster” part.

Guys, guys, guys. Once again, site plans leaked months ago. Its a coaster. I'm not linking to the leak but a quick google will enlighten you.

Also, I'm not saying its necessarily Premier either, but the site I am referring to seems to have come to that conclusion. I do recall this supposedly being an Intamin when it was first rumored, so if we're theorizing its going to be a B&M dive because of the San Diego Mako, why couldn't this be Premier and/or Intamin? They're working with Intamin at BGW and they've worked with Premier a whole bunch the last few years. I feel like a B&M dive is a bit too lazy/on the nose.

I believe that the Premier Rides rumor started with that leaked presentation, it showed the rough concept layout with cars that were set up 6 seats, 3 cars, leading to a three-car Premier Sky Rocket train.

Personally, the "immediate sideways transfer out of the station" makes me think that it's a Mack coaster, considering that's exactly what happens on Star Trek Operation Enterprise at Movie Park Germany.

S&S has done it before with PowderKeg too so I wouldn't rule them out either especially with them entering back into the US coaster market.

Guys, guys, guys. Once again, site plans leaked months ago. Its a coaster. I'm not linking to the leak but a quick google will enlighten you.

My "quick google" yielded nothing reliable. The only thing I can trust is from a powerpoint SeaWorld made about their future plans that shows a generic picture of a launch coaster that looks to be from premier with all stats "TBD." Everything else was enthusiast speculation.

My "quick google" yielded nothing reliable. The only thing I can trust is from a powerpoint SeaWorld made about their future plans that shows a generic picture of a launch coaster that looks to be from premier with all stats "TBD." Everything else was enthusiast speculation.

My "quick google" definitely brings up the layout boldikus is talking about. It's the 5th image I see.

You may think it's just enthusiast speculation, but it was referenced by blueprint documents found filed at the city, it is a breakdown of the layout based off footer/height specs. It's going to be a multi-launcher, starting precisely as that Star Trek coaster does, with a transfer and reverse spike. Then it's going through a bunch of maneuvers including a top hat element similar to Storm Runner at Hershey, albeit taller. I can't remember exactly the manufacturer, but my gut from what I remember is Intamin.

Which as far as I'm concerned, as long as it's not a B&M I think we will all be pleasently surprised. Way too many watered down B&M in the states, I want to start seeing more Intamins and Macks. I really think this installation at SWO is going to be set apart from a lot of the other rides in the park, perhaps the most popular in the park.

It's a Premier Rides multi-launcher. Slide track after the station...reverse spike....3-4 launches (depending on if it launches forward or backwards first)....top hat....and then finishes the course. It will run between Shamu Stadium, behind Mango Joe's & over to Bayside Stadium and over by the education pavilions before making it's way back to the station. The queue will be built in the current outdoor seating area of Mango Joe's with the entrance to the right of Mango Joe's (as if headed to the bridge). A new outdoor seating area will be built on the other side of the restaurant, which will also be re-branded.

Respectfully, is anyone even completely certain that it's from Premier Rides? Apart from that really rough concept image I don't see anything that corroborates that...

It wouldn't be a bad thing, but I'm surprised people are so certain about it (even if it does eventually end up being correct).

Respectfully, is anyone even completely certain that it's from Premier Rides? Apart from that really rough concept image I don't see anything that corroborates that...

It wouldn't be a bad thing, but I'm surprised people are so certain about it (even if it does eventually end up being correct).

I was wondering the same thing. I wouldn't mind at all if it were made by Premier, but why did we rule out Intamin? Wasn't that the original manufacturer listed somewhere when it was leaked?

Either way, a multi-launcher / shuttle coaster will be a nice addition to SWO. I am still in shock that each major SeaWorld / Busch park is getting a major coaster in 2020.

The public blueprints include a station layout with air gates included. The setup of the air gates is three sets of three rows, indicating a train accommodation of 3-cars, 3 rows each. The closest manufacturer to fit this bill is Premier

5fD6KAJ.png

With the new coaster at SeaWorld and RMC Gwazi both coming in 2020 (I'm just assuming RMC Gwazi is a 2020 attraction) it might be time to renew my SeaWorld/BGT combo pass.

Be mindful that you'll need to get the 4-park option (after selecting a pass level) as they no longer sell the SWO/BGT only combo any longer. The only way you could keep that combo is if you have had it on EZpay before Oct 2018 and keep it as is (passes paid using EZPay don't expire unless you cancel or upgrade).

RMC Gwazi is a 2020 project.

The public blueprints include a station layout with air gates included. The setup of the air gates is three sets of three rows, indicating a train accommodation of 3-cars, 3 rows each. The closest manufacturer to fit this bill is Premier

That's what I was looking for, thank you very much!

With the new coaster at SeaWorld and RMC Gwazi both coming in 2020 (I'm just assuming RMC Gwazi is a 2020 attraction) it might be time to renew my SeaWorld/BGT combo pass.

Be mindful that you'll need to get the 4-park option (after selecting a pass level) as they no longer sell the SWO/BGT only combo any longer. The only way you could keep that combo is if you have had it on EZpay before Oct 2018 and keep it as is (passes paid using EZPay don't expire unless you cancel or upgrade).

The cost is about the same (at least right now) for the four-park Silver pass as it was for the previous setup's two-park pass, or about $240-ish. Being a local and not caring about preferred parking, the Silver pass is the one I'll be getting when I renew here in a few months.

5fD6KAJ.png

Good catch. Nice to know this will have a long(ish) train for good back row rides, if everything else (vertical spike, top hat) is true. Also... yay comfort collars?

That's what I was looking for, thank you very much!

The cost is about the same (at least right now) for the four-park Silver pass as it was for the previous setup's two-park pass, or about $240-ish. Being a local and not caring about preferred parking, the Silver pass is the one I'll be getting when I renew here in a few months.

But the best perk that they offer out of any pass is the Platinum re-rides. This is good for the entire length of the pass and they can't deny you. They apply to almost all of the major coasters. You wait your turn in line. And you get two free laps for the price of one. The best part is the confused and angry GP when you refuse to get up and the ride ops have to enforce your re-ride.

So the best part of a thrill ride that you get to ride twice is rubbing it in the faces of the people who have to wait more time because of you?

Welp, misery loves company.

Forgive me for playing the good guy here, but I'm honestly not sure I'd be comfortable with that, especially if it meant separating a group. I've never been the kind of person to flaunt their passholder status (unlike those silly people that actually wear their Six Flags Diamond Elite Member lanyards).

Good catch. Nice to know this will have a long(ish) train for good back row rides, if everything else (vertical spike, top hat) is true. Also... yay comfort collars?

Oh please no...

Ok, I can buy into this speculation now. Ironically I think I even saw the plans before, I either just didn't remember or never associated them with SWO for some reason.

They don't bother me on the ride at all. Those Premier trains are already such a bitch to get in and out of and when you add those things in the whole loading/unloading becomes a goddamn comedy sketch. But given SW's track record with the recent Premier installations, I think its a guarantee this one will have them too.