TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

Respectfully, is anyone even completely certain that it's from Premier Rides? Apart from that really rough concept image I don't see anything that corroborates that...

It wouldn't be a bad thing, but I'm surprised people are so certain about it (even if it does eventually end up being correct).

Respectfully, is anyone even completely certain that it's from Premier Rides? Apart from that really rough concept image I don't see anything that corroborates that...

It wouldn't be a bad thing, but I'm surprised people are so certain about it (even if it does eventually end up being correct).

I was wondering the same thing. I wouldn't mind at all if it were made by Premier, but why did we rule out Intamin? Wasn't that the original manufacturer listed somewhere when it was leaked?

Either way, a multi-launcher / shuttle coaster will be a nice addition to SWO. I am still in shock that each major SeaWorld / Busch park is getting a major coaster in 2020.

The public blueprints include a station layout with air gates included. The setup of the air gates is three sets of three rows, indicating a train accommodation of 3-cars, 3 rows each. The closest manufacturer to fit this bill is Premier

5fD6KAJ.png

With the new coaster at SeaWorld and RMC Gwazi both coming in 2020 (I'm just assuming RMC Gwazi is a 2020 attraction) it might be time to renew my SeaWorld/BGT combo pass.

Be mindful that you'll need to get the 4-park option (after selecting a pass level) as they no longer sell the SWO/BGT only combo any longer. The only way you could keep that combo is if you have had it on EZpay before Oct 2018 and keep it as is (passes paid using EZPay don't expire unless you cancel or upgrade).

RMC Gwazi is a 2020 project.

The public blueprints include a station layout with air gates included. The setup of the air gates is three sets of three rows, indicating a train accommodation of 3-cars, 3 rows each. The closest manufacturer to fit this bill is Premier

That's what I was looking for, thank you very much!

With the new coaster at SeaWorld and RMC Gwazi both coming in 2020 (I'm just assuming RMC Gwazi is a 2020 attraction) it might be time to renew my SeaWorld/BGT combo pass.

Be mindful that you'll need to get the 4-park option (after selecting a pass level) as they no longer sell the SWO/BGT only combo any longer. The only way you could keep that combo is if you have had it on EZpay before Oct 2018 and keep it as is (passes paid using EZPay don't expire unless you cancel or upgrade).

The cost is about the same (at least right now) for the four-park Silver pass as it was for the previous setup's two-park pass, or about $240-ish. Being a local and not caring about preferred parking, the Silver pass is the one I'll be getting when I renew here in a few months.

5fD6KAJ.png

Good catch. Nice to know this will have a long(ish) train for good back row rides, if everything else (vertical spike, top hat) is true. Also... yay comfort collars?

That's what I was looking for, thank you very much!

The cost is about the same (at least right now) for the four-park Silver pass as it was for the previous setup's two-park pass, or about $240-ish. Being a local and not caring about preferred parking, the Silver pass is the one I'll be getting when I renew here in a few months.

But the best perk that they offer out of any pass is the Platinum re-rides. This is good for the entire length of the pass and they can't deny you. They apply to almost all of the major coasters. You wait your turn in line. And you get two free laps for the price of one. The best part is the confused and angry GP when you refuse to get up and the ride ops have to enforce your re-ride.

So the best part of a thrill ride that you get to ride twice is rubbing it in the faces of the people who have to wait more time because of you?

Welp, misery loves company.

Forgive me for playing the good guy here, but I'm honestly not sure I'd be comfortable with that, especially if it meant separating a group. I've never been the kind of person to flaunt their passholder status (unlike those silly people that actually wear their Six Flags Diamond Elite Member lanyards).

Good catch. Nice to know this will have a long(ish) train for good back row rides, if everything else (vertical spike, top hat) is true. Also... yay comfort collars?

Oh please no...

Ok, I can buy into this speculation now. Ironically I think I even saw the plans before, I either just didn't remember or never associated them with SWO for some reason.

They don't bother me on the ride at all. Those Premier trains are already such a bitch to get in and out of and when you add those things in the whole loading/unloading becomes a goddamn comedy sketch. But given SW's track record with the recent Premier installations, I think its a guarantee this one will have them too.

^That sums up the experience of boarding those perfectly.

Forgive me for playing the good guy here, but I'm honestly not sure I'd be comfortable with that, especially if it meant separating a group. I've never been the kind of person to flaunt their passholder status (unlike those silly people that actually wear their Six Flags Diamond Elite Member lanyards).

I'm so glad Six Flags disallowed the Platinum Pass double rides since it's so awkward to just stay on the train like that. I did it once on Kingda Ka and felt way too guilty to do it again.

I'd love for SeaWorld to remove that benefit as well, especially since most don't know about it. If anything, I'd prefer them to replace it with a one time Quick Queue in the mold of the perk Six Flags gives members.

I'm so glad Six Flags disallowed the Platinum Pass double rides since it's so awkward to just stay on the train like that. I did it once on Kingda Ka and felt way too guilty to do it again.

I'd love for SeaWorld to remove that benefit as well, especially since most don't know about it. If anything, I'd prefer them to replace it with a one time Quick Queue in the mold of the perk Six Flags gives members.

Agreed, I did it a few times when I got Platinum Flash Passes but I always felt super awkward about it. I'm glad that SF doesn't offer that as part of the Platinum Flash Pass anymore.

I doubt we'll get a full fledged dive coaster in Orlando... I'd imagine that SeaWorld will try to go for something more unique to Central Florida, but also compact for the area of the park where this is rumored to go. My money is on some kind of shuttle coaster with switch tracks to all for full circuit operations...

Honestly, I'm more interested to see what they do with the surrounding area (Wild Arctic and Mango Joe's) and if they integrate those into this new coaster's theme in some way.

People are say that Premier hasn't done a sliding track switch well that is not totally true cause they have the tech cause the mr. Freeze blast coasters have sliding switchs move the trains from one side to the launch section. Also I think one of the skyrocket 2 have a sliding station.

Premier has done several sliding stations over the years (Mr. Freeze is a good example, as you mentioned)... Most recently, Zombie Ride at Bosque Magico opened with a sliding station.

Even if a manufacturer hasn't fabricated an element before, it doesn't mean that they couldn't. Often during the Request for Proposal phase in a park's search for a new coaster, if the park knows what they intend to offer and is seeking manufacturers to build it, the manufacturer's ability to deliver upon desired design is what wins the contract. Regardless of who ends up creating this new coaster for SeaWorld, you can bet that if SeaWorld decided they wanted a sliding station, that they wouldn't sign with a manufacturer that couldn't deliver one.

Last night TPR was invited to attend a kick-off event for this year's Electric Ocean at SeaWorld Orlando! Electric Ocean is the park's Summer event featuring special food and decor along with several evening versions of the animal shows they offer throughout the day. These special entertainment offerings are not just the normal daytime shows with nighttime lighting, but totally different experiences with unique stories, music and animal behaviors (plus a bit of what you love from each of the normal shows).

The event is incredibly well organized in that the shows are presented in a logical order and timed in a way that allows you to have ample time to grab a seat at each theater, catch the show and move (with time to spare) between venues to catch the next show. By the end of the evening you will have been able to experience up to four special shows, plus enjoyed the park's many attractions, special food booths and a glowing atmosphere that transforms sections of the park in a unique way.

There's a great repeatability to Electric Ocean thanks to the added variety of entertainment, culinary options and club atmosphere. New this year to the event is Club R&R, a lounge environment set up in the Nautilus Theater. The venue has a more chill feel compared to Club Sea Glow, offering a more relaxed place to grab a drink set to a fun beat.

Electric Ocean runs on select nights from May 24th through September 1st, so be sure to check out the park this Summer to experience all that the event has to offer!

IMG_7169.thumb.jpg.4611946e97195f82ed1b564936d821e6.jpg

Tonight we’re at SeaWorld Orlando to experience an evening of unique offerings at Electric Ocean!

IMG_7170.thumb.jpg.72e0cc7f735954c67fc862f0754247dd.jpg

Don’t forget that this Summer you can enjoy free beer at SeaWorld Orlando!

IMG_7440.thumb.JPG.664269c1ee40fcd8aeab5d359f189059.JPG

Touch the Sky is a great way to kick off an evening of Electric Ocean fun at SeaWorld Orlando!

IMG_7868.thumb.JPG.44f8056645b869544e0e614fda926d36.JPG

The SeaWorld Orlando Electric Ocean fun continues as we wait for Shamu’s Celebration: Light Up The Night to begin!

IMG_8320.thumb.JPG.944c82cbc037b71b04f5eb02c4cb95ef.JPG

Extreme Beam performs a laser-bending show at Club Sea Glow!

IMG_8879.thumb.JPG.1c0c658c5e9dc90d1ac55db159426abc.JPG

With fire, lasers, water and fireworks, Ignite is the perfect finale for Electric Ocean at SeaWorld Orlando!

IMG_7166.thumb.jpg.c83a2f05594647d7c694483f5c341a6d.jpg

Freshly made gyros are available during the event as well!

IMG_7174.thumb.jpg.0aed87d7d469091f6b5814203b4633e2.jpg

Seriously folks, these are the best.

IMG_7185.thumb.jpeg.01e71a71dbaf1604de54bdaf4795614b.jpeg

Time to experience some of the special Electric Ocean entertainment found during the event at SeaWorld Orlando!

IMG_7186.thumb.jpeg.128ffa905c2b189304dcbb375cfb7f56.jpeg

Touch the Sky is a special Electric Ocean exclusive show at Dolphin Theater offered in additional the regular Dolphin Days show that runs during the day!

IMG_7221.thumb.jpeg.d328dcbbf5b9523345e3740483885bdf.jpeg

The Electric Ocean shows are presented in an order that allows guests to experience each one without having to choose, moving in a coordinated order from venue to venue ending at Bayside Stadium for Club Sea Glow and Ignite at the end of the night.

IMG_7446.thumb.jpeg.e54fe96570c8dbd2c7075aedf5456dc1.jpeg

The SeaWorld Mime has returned to SeaWorld Orlando for Sea Lions Tonite at Electric Ocean! It is great to see this classic character brought back for this special event!

IMG_7537.thumb.jpeg.bf8f176200ea6c0ef8e2113f0738b1d4.jpeg

Sea Lions Tonite parodies all of the daytime shows offered at SeaWorld Orlando! This show is one of several entertainment offerings exclusive to Electric Ocean!

IMG_7559.thumb.jpeg.174e680891adc6e7fcdb3fa3b228c2cc.jpeg

They even poke fun at a few attractions!

IMG_7658.thumb.jpeg.40ecaf882c21ac91388c837953cbb91b.jpeg

They have their own take on the Shamu show too!

IMG_7684.thumb.jpeg.233c191dc33b2438b4fb09dee295b09d.jpeg

"You'll get this joke later tonight!"

IMG_7726.thumb.jpeg.1e2bbb4632472f282a229b2c5a51c9a5.jpeg

I've always appreciated that each year Sea Lions Tonite is updated with content as it relates to the current experiences at SeaWorld Orlando.

IMG_7731.thumb.jpeg.5b5ba2524c355c82b4179ebffe6d1cf9.jpeg

Mako is available to enjoy throughout the evening!

IMG_7754.thumb.jpeg.f1e03cc0282c15638a44a54658918d32.jpeg

Don't miss out on the chance to get some delicious frozen drinks at Club R&R!

IMG_7757.thumb.jpeg.662dcbe41dc29d63ab409da3e6eeb218.jpeg

Club R&R is a new addition to ElectricOcean! Guests can enjoy a lounge atmosphere while grabbing a drink in the Nautilus Theater! Roughly every 20 minutes, a "moment" happens with lighting, bubbles, snow and more!

IMG_7813.thumb.jpeg.71ea96e62126886e610eeddec33b17c5.jpeg

Infinity Falls thrills Electric Ocean guests into the evening!

IMG_7831.thumb.jpeg.d92e88faafb126ebf7a6b17ff4e46e12.jpeg

New recycled goods artwork has debuted at the park!

IMG_7833.thumb.jpeg.e8ac8015c07e0ead3fe365fd7a315141.jpeg

Construction has begun on the 2020 coaster over near Mango Joe's and Wild Arctic...

IMG_7838.thumb.jpeg.9dfa9ce0fbd07d7b780aad8c6d3884fc.jpeg

Though it is just getting started.

IMG_7853.thumb.jpeg.942fb9646a6b0358cf7ebe4c62a09b52.jpeg

As the sun sets and Electric Ocean ramps up at SeaWorld Orlando guests can continue to enjoy the park’s fantastic coasters!

IMG_7912.thumb.jpeg.9129567c954aac7d216c1560387b1c3a.jpeg

Shamu’s Celebration: Light Up The Night is a high-energy, Electric Ocean take on the traditional Shamu show!

IMG_8165.thumb.jpeg.0964a3f477127be2cb51a9b912004c5b.jpeg

Throughout the evening at Club Sea Glow, variety performers will put on mini-shows interspersed with guests being able to dance at the club.

IMG_8012.thumb.jpeg.45547823fb0b01b524455e63bfcdc8b4.jpeg

This will never cease to amaze.

IMG_8030.thumb.jpeg.5e0abe07dfb7ef17801372bdbcc0d711.jpeg

It wouldn’t be a Shamu show without the audience getting soaked in the Splash Zone!

IMG_8066.thumb.jpeg.dc95198aab2e41b0ca9f1b8d5926ffb2.jpeg

Thanks to SeaWorld Orlando for hosting us for another wonderful kickoff to a new season of Electric Ocean! This is one of the best ways to experience SeaWorld Orlando and a great reason to return if you're looking to experience different entertainment than you normally find in the park throughout the year! The event runs on select nights from May 24th through September 1st, so there's plenty of time to come out to the park to enjoy it all for yourself!

IMG_8072.thumb.jpeg.ed56141cae7c4be0d614c4798613a16b.jpeg

Club Sea Glow serves as a dance club pre-show experience for Ignite, the Electric Ocean finale fireworks spectacular at SeaWorld Orlando!

IMG_7995.thumb.jpeg.edef374d81164bbc4d5ed1a22e7c3fac.jpeg

Always a highlight of Electric Ocean!

IMG_8399.thumb.jpeg.faa57756ada3d7c9d7bd3a474ed8ef6b.jpeg

Ignite caps off the evening with no shortage of fireworks!

IMG_8754.thumb.jpeg.61618c2be323548910d71c2c7393b6d8.jpeg

I'm pretty sure they call this show Ignite, mostly due to the amount of pure FIRE they blast during the show!

IMG_8882.thumb.jpg.9e74ee21b253c8fc73315911ce81fa93.jpg

The Electric Ocean festival path near Club Sea Glow has some neat decor!

IMG_7140.thumb.jpeg.a8b9c2c1c70513d0b997e80783af26c1.jpeg

BBQ Sundaes in mason jars and they are delicious!

IMG_7143.thumb.jpeg.041d98eb80d5055048414a171289f5b4.jpeg

We’re sampling some of the fantastic culinary options available at Electric Ocean... Starting with fresh Mini Donuts!

IMG_7148.thumb.jpeg.cde6c58360b71c673f68931114ea81ef.jpeg

The Fried Mac & Cheese Bites are delicious!

I want to try these SO bad.

thumb_img_7140.jpeg

and I despise coleslaw, but I'll bet it's fantastic when eaten in this form, so you get just a taste of it when digging in.

the mac & cheese bites look like wonderful deep fried goodness as well (and so do the mini-donuts, tho I'm not typically a super sweet fan).

great coverage of what looks like an event that's a nice addition to evening options in Orlando.

That looks awesome! Glad to see Sea World getting into the after-hours parties as well.

It is definitely a great addition to the evening landscape in Central Florida... And the best part is, it is included in park admission for the day, so you can enjoy the park's normal offerings throughout the day and then cap it off with Electric Ocean!

• 1 month later...

If anyone could help thatd be great. Does anyone know the latest time to enter the park? Also Ill be visiting on a Friday. So how will the crowds be on a friday morning? Also do all of the main coasters run every day? Thanks