TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

Considering that SeaWorld San Diego is getting a B&M Dive in 2020, I would be very surprised if SeaWorld Orlando did too. Although I suppose some type of package deal is possible?

The video definitely suggests height/big drop, and that doesn't align much with the family launched coaster concept we've heard about recently. I'm definitely going to follow this!

I'm seeing a lot of people saying it's a dive coaster, and some doubt it because of SheiKra at Busch... but remember, B&M doesn't have a monopoly on that kind of coaster anymore... maybe a ride similar to HangTime at Knott's?

I won't link to the page/site but Google will show you site plans leaked for this a whole ago. Have you all forgotten that? It's definitely not a B&M dive. Try to keep up yall...

(Its a Premier launcher ala YOLO on the lake near Wild Arctic/Shamu Stadium)

So the "dive" portion could really just be the vertical drop of a top hat straight into iceberg theming or something.

I'm not sure how it even alludes to a dive necessarily. "Plunging thrills". Pretty much all coasters have a plunge and thrills.

Also, I'm not saying its necessarily Premier either, but the site I am referring to seems to have come to that conclusion. I do recall this supposedly being an Intamin when it was first rumored, so if we're theorizing its going to be a B&M dive because of the San Diego Mako, why couldn't this be Premier and/or Intamin? They're working with Intamin at BGW and they've worked with Premier a whole bunch the last few years. I feel like a B&M dive is a bit too lazy/on the nose.

The layout I saw seemed like it transfer tracked into a launch that went half way up then backwards launched up a spike then completed the layout. That could be the plunge the reference?

Also, I'm not saying its necessarily Premier either, but the site I am referring to seems to have come to that conclusion. I do recall this supposedly being an Intamin when it was first rumored, so if we're theorizing its going to be a B&M dive because of the San Diego Mako, why couldn't this be Premier and/or Intamin? They're working with Intamin at BGW and they've worked with Premier a whole bunch the last few years. I feel like a B&M dive is a bit too lazy/on the nose.

I believe that the Premier Rides rumor started with that leaked presentation, it showed the rough concept layout with cars that were set up 6 seats, 3 cars, leading to a three-car Premier Sky Rocket train.

Personally, the "immediate sideways transfer out of the station" makes me think that it's a Mack coaster, considering that's exactly what happens on Star Trek Operation Enterprise at Movie Park Germany.

Mack has been doing some amazing things recently, and I feel like a lot of enthusiasts have been overlooking them, just because in North America we've basically only seen their wild mouse coasters up to this point. Time Traveler is awesome, and I've heard good things about Copperhead Strike too, so it seems business may be picking up over here. I couldn't be happier.

^The teaser video clearly uses the word “coaster”. Falcons fury is not a roller coaster even by people that use that term in the most liberal of ways. Seaworld made it very clear that we should 100% be expecting a roller coaster.

^The teaser video clearly uses the word “coaster”. Falcons fury is not a roller coaster even by people that use that term in the most liberal of ways. Seaworld made it very clear that we should 100% be expecting a roller coaster.

Well, I’m an idiot! I totally missed the “coaster” part.

Guys, guys, guys. Once again, site plans leaked months ago. Its a coaster. I'm not linking to the leak but a quick google will enlighten you.

I believe that the Premier Rides rumor started with that leaked presentation, it showed the rough concept layout with cars that were set up 6 seats, 3 cars, leading to a three-car Premier Sky Rocket train.

Personally, the "immediate sideways transfer out of the station" makes me think that it's a Mack coaster, considering that's exactly what happens on Star Trek Operation Enterprise at Movie Park Germany.

S&S has done it before with PowderKeg too so I wouldn't rule them out either especially with them entering back into the US coaster market.

Guys, guys, guys. Once again, site plans leaked months ago. Its a coaster. I'm not linking to the leak but a quick google will enlighten you.

My "quick google" yielded nothing reliable. The only thing I can trust is from a powerpoint SeaWorld made about their future plans that shows a generic picture of a launch coaster that looks to be from premier with all stats "TBD." Everything else was enthusiast speculation.

My "quick google" yielded nothing reliable. The only thing I can trust is from a powerpoint SeaWorld made about their future plans that shows a generic picture of a launch coaster that looks to be from premier with all stats "TBD." Everything else was enthusiast speculation.

My "quick google" definitely brings up the layout boldikus is talking about. It's the 5th image I see.

You may think it's just enthusiast speculation, but it was referenced by blueprint documents found filed at the city, it is a breakdown of the layout based off footer/height specs. It's going to be a multi-launcher, starting precisely as that Star Trek coaster does, with a transfer and reverse spike. Then it's going through a bunch of maneuvers including a top hat element similar to Storm Runner at Hershey, albeit taller. I can't remember exactly the manufacturer, but my gut from what I remember is Intamin.

Which as far as I'm concerned, as long as it's not a B&M I think we will all be pleasently surprised. Way too many watered down B&M in the states, I want to start seeing more Intamins and Macks. I really think this installation at SWO is going to be set apart from a lot of the other rides in the park, perhaps the most popular in the park.

It's a Premier Rides multi-launcher. Slide track after the station...reverse spike....3-4 launches (depending on if it launches forward or backwards first)....top hat....and then finishes the course. It will run between Shamu Stadium, behind Mango Joe's & over to Bayside Stadium and over by the education pavilions before making it's way back to the station. The queue will be built in the current outdoor seating area of Mango Joe's with the entrance to the right of Mango Joe's (as if headed to the bridge). A new outdoor seating area will be built on the other side of the restaurant, which will also be re-branded.