TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Sea World Orlando just does not get crowds. Its pretty uncrowded Saturday and Sunday, and its pretty much a ghost town in a Monday-Thursday situation. I live pretty close, so for giggles I went on a Friday night between Christmas and NYE when all of the other major parks in Florida were so jammed you couldn't move, and SWO was still not that crowded. The first time I went was in April of 2018. I didn't know much about the park, but bought a QQ. I think I was the only person all day who bought one. The whole day nothing had a line. I pretty much just kept using the QQ line because it was a shorter walk. The greeters sometimes wouldn't even open the QQ line up, but I insisted because I had paid for it, and it was a shorter walk.

So I would never even dream of buying a QQ for SWO unless its a Saturday or holiday. Its a park that's not well attended, and its full of very high capacity rides.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AMEN!!! It's so dumb to me that a company (Premier) which made headlines and won awards and praise from all of us for taking OTSR's OFF of rides that didn't need it is now needlessly putting OTSR

Is this like spanking the monkeys?

The Ice Breaker animated POV looks pretty good, I think it will have a good amount of airtime and may be a surprise hit! With that being said can someone PLEASE explain to me why Premier insists on pu

Posted Images

On busier days, it's not the ride lines where you feel the crowds at SeaWorld. You feel the crowds during the shows.

That's not really as huge of a concern. A enjoy park shows, but I usually go to parks for coasters. Shows are usually just a way for me to feel like I'm getting all of my money's worth, and stay productive if lines are getting line. If a park gives me crowded shows for walk-on rides I'll take it.

Looks like it wasn't mentioned yet, but another orca has died at the Orlando park. Kayla, age 30, died unexpectedly on Monday. 30 is still young-ish for an orca and it sounds like the illness came on very suddenly and unexpectedly, so I'm sure the trainers are floored and devastated. I hope that the anti-Seaworld people don't make a spectacle of this in the midst of the trainers' grieving.

That's sad to hear.

Edited by AUWent
Sea World Orlando just does not get crowds. Its pretty uncrowded Saturday and Sunday, and its pretty much a ghost town in a Monday-Thursday situation. I live pretty close, so for giggles I went on a Friday night between Christmas and NYE when all of the other major parks in Florida were so jammed you couldn't move, and SWO was still not that crowded. The first time I went was in April of 2018. I didn't know much about the park, but bought a QQ. I think I was the only person all day who bought one. The whole day nothing had a line. I pretty much just kept using the QQ line because it was a shorter walk. The greeters sometimes wouldn't even open the QQ line up, but I insisted because I had paid for it, and it was a shorter walk.

So I would never even dream of buying a QQ for SWO unless its a Saturday or holiday. Its a park that's not well attended, and its full of very high capacity rides.

I can tell you the park has been busy the last several weekends with First Look, as well as the week before and after Christmas. They have consistently used the overflow lot as well. Weekdays since January 7th however I can agree have been back to their normal slow days with school in session. The Friday night you mentioned may have been a fluke, but it was still busy for SW. Even with the overflow lot being used, it just doesn't feel as busy there when the entire park is open (Bayside area included) and all the shows in comparison to Disney or Universal.

Considering the park is still in the top 20 of most attended parks in the US and ranked #11 with in 2017 for North American parks (2018 hasn't been published that I can find just yet), it's still very well attended in comparison to every Cedar Fair (except Knott's with a difference of less than 100K people) or Six Flags park. I've been a passholder since 2007.

Visiting SeaWorld Orlando for the first time on Sunday! Hoping everybody will be watching that big Sports Ball game so crowds will be especially light.

Visiting SeaWorld Orlando for the first time on Sunday! Hoping everybody will be watching that big Sports Ball game so crowds will be especially light.

It's Elmo's Birthday Weekend, so be prepare to be swamped by children. At least most of them will be doing the Elmo stuff and likely not in line for the coasters.

Capture.JPG.9e0b0d7a012890825ce520aaed4879b9.JPG

https://seaworld.com/orlando/events/elmos-birthday-weekend/

Hey, I might be going tomorrow too! TPR Mako takeover?

Sea World Orlando just does not get crowds. Its pretty uncrowded Saturday and Sunday, and its pretty much a ghost town in a Monday-Thursday situation.

It has been my experience over the last six months or so that the park has been busier than it was in the post-Blackfish slump. The special events have really driven the locals back to the park and more often than not, my visits have had me parking no closer than in line with the Ports of Call entrance, if not farther back. Most of the rides that the park has (save for Antarctica and Wild Arctic) are fairly high capacity, so the wait times may appear lower (20 minutes or so) for most of the major rides despite how many people are actually in the park. Infinity Falls has been pulling between 45 and 75 minutes waits most days I've visited since it opened.

So I know we've talked about it on here a million times but make this easier for me dudes. We've been day drinking but we've in vacation planning mode (good times). The missus and I was seriously plotting a Discovery Cove for late March. Sell me on it. We are Williamsburg passholders so we want to figure out discounts, etc and as ya'll know we did SWO and BGT last year. The website only lists prices that include a 2_ park visit but since we're passholders we don't need that. . She wants to swim with the dolphins. And maybe get a canaba? What's the deal? I know food, etc is included all day but like.. what is there to do? If we don't get a cabana (which is extra, right?) do we have a spot to chill? What else is there to do? I know we can feed little shit birds... Tell me what we should do. Also, its for her birthday.

Pass member discount! Bam Bam!!

https://discoverycove.com/orlando/special-offers/pass-members/?from=SWO_Pass_Promo&_ga=1.102132866.2026998744.1489667078

I noticed they force you into the 2 bonus parks on the official website now (this wasn't the case a few weeks ago)

For those without a pass and don't want SeaWorld, you can still get just the day resort or just the day+dolphin without SeaWorld etc on Visit Orlando, tickets at work, and undercover tourist from what I can tell.

Edited by anonymouscactus

Adventure:

- Swimming with the giant sting rays and exotic fish. You can easily spend an hour or more doing this.

- Up close animal encounters with a roaming employee (in the past we have seen sloths, owls, Hawks, giant ass turtles, armadillo, marmosets, anteaters). -- note you are not guaranteed to see these, often times it's luck. Sometimes they have schedules posted on a chalkboard.

- feeding the birds. You can easily spend a half hour doing this and seeing all the different rooms and types of birds.

- Dolphin swim. You spend about 20 min in the water for this and 15 minutes prep.

Relaxation:

- free booze

- location in water to enjoy said booze

- free food/snacks

- hammocks

- beach chairs in the sand

- (Cabana is very expensive, though since I knew a manager I did get the VIP treatment for free once. The Cabana was awesome but I wouldn't pay $200 for another place to lay... but that's just me. It's private and somewhere to keep your stuff if you don't want (an already free for everyone) locker

- lazy river, you will want to go around more than once. When we say lazy river it's not really like any other lazy river you've been in and you can easily spend 30 min going around once. You don't use innertubes.

- freshwater Oasis: has an island of small marmosets that you can't get very close to, and an otter enclosure. This will take about 15 minutes.

Honestly if that doesn't sound interesting then I wouldn't go. It really is hard to explain but I've brought at least 15 different people along with me various times and every single person enjoyed it. Some got cold when we went in the fish area when it was 45 degrees out and raining but that's out of my control, but the lazy river is super warm and you'll spend a lot of time exploring.

There are two different albums on my Facebook profile that --you-- have access to with over 850 photos. -- "Discovery Cove (scenery)" and "Discovery Cove (people). You'll have to dig a little far back on my albums to see them. Sorry to everyone else lol I don't want to make them public.

It's just a place you go to chill and get away from everything else in Orlando. If that makes sense. Great for a "last day of your vacation" adventure.

You keep asking what there is to do, but part of Discovery Cove is what you DON'T do, too. (Oh man that's deep)

If you have any questions let me know!

Here is a 10 minute YouTube video that walks you through everything from start to finish. From checking in, to lockers, to stuff you'll see. It's a good watch for someone who hasn't been before. I think it's a great overview of everything crammed into just the right amount of time.

• 2 weeks later...

At the park right now, Mako has been closed all day with no signs of opening soon, Kraken running one train with a 45 minute wait. So far, SWO seems kinda disappointing to me.

^ Sorry to hear. I had a great day on Sunday with very little waits and everything was running with multiple trains despite the walk-on crowds. SWO is a great park, but that is definitely frustrating. Hope things opened up later on for you.

^ Sorry to hear. I had a great day on Sunday with very little waits and everything was running with multiple trains despite the walk-on crowds. SWO is a great park, but that is definitely frustrating. Hope things opened up later on for you.

Frustrating indeed. By around 5 PM, Mako reopened with not too bad of a line, running 2 out of the 3 trains. Kraken stayed one train all day which was a bit aggravating. At the end of the night, lines were nonexistent, Mako stayed 2 trains, resulting in an amazing marathon session, and Manta went to one train, but a short wait, but had a few hiccups with the leg restraints not closing with the harnesses. The massive amounts of school groups made for the long lines earlier in the day, but by night, it was very enjoyable.

Here is a 10 minute YouTube video that walks you through everything from start to finish. From checking in, to fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo, to stuff you'll see. It's a good watch for someone who hasn't been before. I think it's a great overview of everything crammed into just the right amount of time.

Yo brah thanks for this video and all the tips. All booked up for next month, can't wait!

• 2 weeks later...

Need some help here...

Does the park have a schedule of ride closures/rehabs posted anywhere? I cant seem to find one on the official website, and we are visiting at the end of the month.

There are pictures floating around of the dolphin nursery going thru a rehab, but not a hint of it on the website. I hope it's going to be open, as it's one of my kids favorite things in the park.

Nursery was closed a few weeks ago, no mention of when it would be back open anywhere. Infinity Falls was closed for refurb but I think it might be back open now. Almost the entire kids area is closed due to the Sesame Street construction.

Edit:

------ wrong -----

A lot of stuff closed and not outlined in one spot on the website unfortunately. The other SeaWorld parks have a special page but Orlando does not.

----- wrong -------

I would call the park or rely on someone who lives close by

Edited by anonymouscactus
Nursery was closed a few weeks ago, no mention of when it would be back open anywhere. Infinity Falls was closed for refurb but I think it might be back open now. Almost the entire kids area is closed due to the Sesame Street construction. A lot of stuff closed and not outlined in one spot on the website unfortunately. The other SeaWorld parks have a special page but Orlando does not.

Seaworld does have a schedule of when rides will be down.

https://seaworld.com/orlando/rides/

At the top they state about happy harbour being closed now and at the bottom they have the schedule of rides shut down throughout the year

Nursery was closed a few weeks ago, no mention of when it would be back open anywhere. Infinity Falls was closed for refurb but I think it might be back open now. Almost the entire kids area is closed due to the Sesame Street construction. A lot of stuff closed and not outlined in one spot on the website unfortunately. The other SeaWorld parks have a special page but Orlando does not.

Seaworld does have a schedule of when rides will be down.

https://seaworld.com/orlando/rides/

At the top they state about happy harbour being closed now and at the bottom they have the schedule of rides shut down throughout the year

SeaWorld Orlando has sent us a press release announcing the Grand Opening of Sesame Street at SeaWorld Orlando later this month! Mark your calendars because the new land will open to guests on March 27th, 2019!

2082942043_SesameStreetatSeaWorldOrlando.thumb.jpg.4cbbfaae2bb00c64511c26ec1db5f5da.jpg

Sesame Street at SeaWorld Orlando

Announced today, the Grand Opening of the six acre world-class attraction, Sesame Street at SeaWorld Orlando, will take place on March 27. For the very first time, take a walk down Sesame Street and bring your family to the neighborhood your favorite furry friends call home. Take a stroll down Sesame Street and stop by the famous stoop at 123. Explore the inside of Hooper’s Store, then head for big fun at Big Bird’s Nest.

Sesame Street at SeaWorld Orlando is exactly as you imagined, and with an award-winning parade, wet and dry play areas, rides, and an interactive neighborhood, it’s more fun than you could ever dream. Come play and learn with Elmo, Cookie Monster, Abby and all of their furry friends!

Mark Pauls, President of SeaWorld Orlando Parks said, “We are thrilled to announce the opening date for this much anticipated attraction and we cannot wait to welcome guests to Sesame Street at SeaWorld Orlando on March 27. With over 30 new ways to play and an award-winning parade, this is an attraction that guests of all ages are going to love.”

As the iconic children’s brand celebrates its 50th anniversary in 2019, this is the perfect time to welcome Sesame Street to SeaWorld Orlando. This addition is the newest must-do experience in Orlando joining the park’s famed attractions--the roller coaster thrills of Mako, Manta and Kraken and the water fun of Infinity Falls and Journey to Atlantis. For more information, please visit: https://seaworld.com/orlando/sesame-street/

519860255_ElmosChooChooTrain.thumb.jpg.dacccc15478d5f1d24ff05aebbc0bd8d.jpg

Elmo's Choo Choo Train

203263656_FoodTrucks.thumb.jpg.ab3f45dbc6423a3063f7265a05ebc3e0.jpg

Food Trucks at Sesame Street

938219800_RubberDuckyWaterWorks-WetPlayArea.thumb.jpg.04742331aea047c1d0ec7f427c195aec.jpg

Rubber Ducky Water Works

1592031041_ElmosWindow.thumb.jpg.7f11274c942d335d43f2934479270796.jpg

Elmo's Window

Edited by jedimaster1227

Yes! It's opening the day before my visit!!

Does that mean that I should run to Shamu Express first thing? (but actually, should I? I am a bit of a credit whore)