TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

Gotta say, this looks way better than I expected. I'm not a huge rapids fan either, but this looks so well themed and landscaped, and holy crap you pass by flamingos not thirty seconds into the ride. Can't wait to get over to the park in a few weeks to give it a spin, we've still got like a month of hot weather in Florida.

I have to say this. Like with any site, there are things on this site that I like and some I just tolerate. My favorite thing on this site is Rob and Family ENJOYING rides and attractions. There is so much criticism of Parks and Rides. I really like seeing People having a good time and enjoying things for what they are, not what "they should be". This looks like a great ride and just fun. Thanks for making me smile Rob!

I have to say this. Like with any site, there are things on this site that I like and some I just tolerate. My favorite thing on this site is Rob and Family ENJOYING rides and attractions. There is so much criticism of Parks and Rides. I really like seeing People having a good time and enjoying things for what they are, not what "they should be". This looks like a great ride and just fun. Thanks for making me smile Rob!

Like THE DUDE can always just abide and be like F' it lets go bowling.

This isn't a place for thin skinned people- but in the end, we're a family that can just abide and be like F' it lets go ride a coaster.

^ ^^ ^^^ I take it I missed something.

Anywho, Infinity Falls actually looks like a lot of fun! Most of my experience with rapids rides is limited to Congo Rapids at SFGAdv, which was one of the first ones ever built (second, I think). Seeing rides such as this one out there help me remember how much potential they actually have. Glad to hear you guys had a blast!

We have been putting off our little visit this summer waiting for the Falls to open. Next Friday, here we come ! We haven't been since Mako opened, the real reason for going. The Falls now open is just icing on the cake. Well, that and the fact that it is still in the 90's makes a bit of cooling attractive. (and of course, hitting up Fun Spot Kissimee the night before for a few/many rides on Mine Blower.)

I got to ride this today. Queue was posted at 45 minutes however we got on in 20.

Really enjoyable and some fast pacing in the sections. The smaller drops got us more wet but the lift and the waterfall are a nice touch and the final splashdown is a great visual too.

Didn’t get as soaked at we did on Popeye but then again that can get insane with the soakings!

On another note such a shame Atlantis has dropped the story and at the beginning your boat is just stopped there and you are watching nothing.

Mako was great, aside from the harsh trim up the third or fourth incline .

And Kraken beat the shit out of me! I told my friend who I’m on holiday with it was one of my favourites and came off with a banging headache . Not that it’s a bad ride but it was far more shaky.

All in all a great day!

On another note such a shame Atlantis has dropped the story and at the beginning your boat is just stopped there and you are watching nothing.

That ride desperately needs a re-theme and overhaul.

And Kraken beat the shit out of me! I told my friend who I’m on holiday with it was one of my favourites and came off with a banging headache . Not that it’s a bad ride but it was far more shaky.

How full was the train? I've had some really hit and miss rides on it lately and I've found that it is far more shaky when the train is more empty.

^ I've noticed inconsistent rides on Kraken recently as well. Not bad by any means, but definitely not AS good. The past few times I've ridden the train has been half full or so.

That ride desperately needs a re-theme and overhaul.

How full was the train? I've had some really hit and miss rides on it lately and I've found that it is far more shaky when the train is more empty.

Yeah I agree Atlantis so needs a retheme. Going on it with someone who hasn’t been on it before and they are just sitting there waiting for something to happen ! It was like “this is awkward where’s the seahorse etc?!”

Well Kraken train was basically empty so that may explain it ? I mean I still love it maybe it was because of that.

Well Kraken train was basically empty so that may explain it ? I mean I still love it maybe it was because of that.

Yeah, that absoultely does. For some reason I have noticed that ride to have some pretty jarring roughness when the train is empty to half-empty. It's much better if you get the train at least 3/4 to full.

Under the new arrangement, the price I paid for my pass last month should get me the water parks in addition to SeaWorld Orlando and Busch Gardens Tampa on a Silver pass. I realize that no normal consumer could have predicted the changes but color me slightly disappointed.

^With that in mind doesn't it pay for you to switch/upgrade?

Paid for the entire pass in one shot so I'm stuck with it for a year. Womp wahh. I've definitely got enough use out of it already, though!

I just looked into getting passes for my daughter and I since we may make a trip to Florida later this year. And maybe Texas next year. I understand why buying a pass in Florida is more expensive as there are more parks and opportunities to visit them. BGW surprised me a little, though. Maybe we should just do Texas first.

Cost for a platinum pass:

SWO, BGT - $359.88

BGW - $347.88

SWSD - $239.88

SWSA - $132.92

Does anyone know if the new annual pass prices will effect current ongoing passholders arrangements? I’ve had a renewing 2 year 2 park pass for over a decade and just wonder if there will be any adjustments to the locked in arrangement?

If you do not want to change anything you will be allowed to continue with your passes. You will be considered a silver pass holder going forward. Anyone that purchased their passes prior to the contract changing will be locked in forever. If you purchased your pass recently but before the new plan went live then your rate will be locked in for 5 years.

I just looked into getting passes for my daughter and I since we may make a trip to Florida later this year. And maybe Texas next year. I understand why buying a pass in Florida is more expensive as there are more parks and opportunities to visit them. BGW surprised me a little, though. Maybe we should just do Texas first.

Cost for a platinum pass:

SWO, BGT - $359.88

BGW - $347.88

SWSD - $239.88

SWSA - $132.92

I think prices you quoted for SWSD and SWSA may only be for residents of those states. This restriction might not show up until you proceed to checkout. If I'm wrong, then buy it and do Texas first.

I had a 2-year SWSA pass that I let expire about 8 years ago (about $220 at the time) and when I looked into getting it again last year the low price was only available with a Texas ID. The non-resident price was much higher.

Edited by larrygator