TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 272: New Howl-O-Scream 2022 details released!

The website usually shows planned closures. Last I checked Journey To Atlantis is closed for a huge chunk of time and the Antarctica ride portion is only open weekends. This was as of a few weeks ago when I looked.

Let's be honest, the ride portion is not really worth waiting for if you've already done it once.

The website usually shows planned closures. Last I checked Journey To Atlantis is closed for a huge chunk of time and the Antarctica ride portion is only open weekends. This was as of a few weeks ago when I looked.

Ah, found it, thank you, I obviously overlooked that on the website, thank you!

Could you link where that is? I'm wondering as well for April

When you go to the website, click on rides and the individual rides have their own links and it will tell you on each rides link

Yea I looked up the sight myself as well so far so good. Just as long as I can get all three of the coasters in thats great. and of course maybe the water ride too. Im super excited about Mako! Its the tallest and fastest in Florida. I know thats not saying much as of course there is taller and faster but still as Florida is a hub for amusement parks its pretty neat to go on the tallest and faster of them all.(of all florida coasters) Also the fact its Florida's only hyper. The other two look petty fun too. I heard a lot of praise about Kraken. In a way it looks more fun then Kumba.

Don't get too excited about Kraken. The location is cool, the layout is tandard B&M, and the ride is quite honestly standard B&M. The only thing standard about Kumba is the layout, everything else is incomparable. I enjoyed Manta much more than Kraken, but it's a pretty good floorless anyway.

Don't get too excited about Kraken. The location is cool, the layout is tandard B&M, and the ride is quite honestly standard B&M. The only thing standard about Kumba is the layout, everything else is incomparable. I enjoyed Manta much more than Kraken, but it's a pretty good floorless anyway.

Well I have one good reason to say why I'm excited to ride it, out of the 33 B&Ms I've ridden, none have been a floorless... well, 3 are now, but they weren't converted until after I had ridden them. I have ridden all the other styles by B&M, so this will complete it for me.

^^Manta is the best coaster in the Orlando area by a wide margin but amazingly there's a very real chance that Fun Spot Kissimmee will have something to say about that next year.

Ehh. I would say it beats Kraken, but it can't beat Mako in its own park. Even against Nitro, airtime wise, Mako eats Nitro and shits all over it, but as for the overall ride experience, I can;t decide whether or not to say the same.

Edited by RollerManic

Im honestly really excited to ride all three. Believe it or not i only been on one B&M Hyper and that was Raging Bull. So Im looking forward to riding a more modern up to date version of a B&M hyper. Kraken looks cool too because it has both the real drop and inversions. While Kumba had awesome inversions it did lack the drop(it was only curved oppose to straight down)...but it seems Kraken has both. Manta looks awesome too because I only been on one flying coaster. Thats also at Great America. So im hyped to get to go on my second flying coaster and Im sure its better then Superman too.

Call me crazy but I prefer Kraken to Manta by a wide margin......

I agree, but I was at the park a few days back, and it wasn't very good. It's still the best floorless coaster IMO, but the B&M rattle was bad, and the whole ride was really... tame.

Ehh. I would say it beats Kraken, but it can't beat Mako in its own park. Airtime wise, against Nitro, Mako eats Nitro and shits all over it, but as for the overall ride experience, I can't decide whether or not to say the same.

QFT.

I prefer Mako to Manta but I'm more of a fan of hyper coasters than inverting coasters in general. Manta is still a fantastic coaster though and my favorite flyer (haven't ridden Tatsu yet) but I was really, really impressed with Mako's first half.

To give some perspective...

Out of 10 (5 being average), if Mako is an 8, Manta's a 7 and Kraken's a 5.5.

I prefer Mako to Manta but I'm more of a fan of hyper coasters than inverting coasters in general. Manta is still a fantastic coaster though and my favorite flyer (haven't ridden Tatsu yet) but I was really, really impressed with Mako's first half.

To give some perspective...

Out of 10 (5 being average), if Mako is an 8, Manta's a 7 and Kraken's a 5.5.

I have to agree to that as well. Inverting coasters are a lot of fun but I think hyper coasters are far more fun. Hypers and Gigas(only though i only been on one) are my favorite type of coaster. So while I do enjoy inversions a lot,I think steep tall drops and intense air time is a lot more fun!

I had a front-row lap on Kraken the other day and wow, was that ride battersome. Usually, the front row is the beacon of hope on even the worst rides, but yikes, there was jack-hammering all over that track. I hope that it gets some much-needed TLC when the VR gets installed. It's a solid ride that deserves some care.

But hey! There's always Mako. I have to say, that ride is growing on me. I feel like sitting near the front is practically mandatory to get the most out of the ride, but it's certainly a nice addition to the park and Orlando in general.

the B&M rattle was bad, and the whole ride was really... tame.

Kraken... tame? What?? Granted i haven't been on it the last 3 years, I rode that thing at least 100 times and I would never consider it tame.

As far as the rattle, just go to Seaworld during the viva la musica festival, close your eyes, and pretend you are in a Mariachi band.

c7da3313f173fb692b01c478da13345a.gif

^Im actually in Florida now.(i've been in Florida since the 15th of this month and will be here until Feb 17th.Getting away from the Chicago winter for a while!) Its pretty warm here. Almost seems like summer However I know the weather tends to vary here. I heard its suppose to get cooler here next week and I dont know how it will be when I go to Seaworld. Still Im sure Kraken will be a lot fun of regardless. Plus we will be there during the day.

I heard its suppose to get cooler here next week and I dont know how it will be when I go to Seaworld. Still Im sure Kraken will be a lot fun of regardless. Plus we will be there during the day.

Yes. It will be fun regardless. Temperatures can affect coaster speed but it's not as noticeable on rides that don't have airtime hills to be honest. Kraken doesn't have as much speed variability as other rides.