TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

If Trump were elected(let's hope not), he would send the whales back to the ocean

I totally disagree with this move by seaworld. The whales have been the face of seaworld since I can remember. The stadiums are still PACKED to this day.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AMEN!!! It's so dumb to me that a company (Premier) which made headlines and won awards and praise from all of us for taking OTSR's OFF of rides that didn't need it is now needlessly putting OTSR

The Ice Breaker animated POV looks pretty good, I think it will have a good amount of airtime and may be a surprise hit! With that being said can someone PLEASE explain to me why Premier insists on pu

Friendly reminder to passholders to make sure you stop at guest services before the end of the year (On the left near the entrance)... as they’re giving out $50 in in-park credits and free drink vouch

Posted Images

While I have only wanted nothing best the best for SeaWorld I have to feel that this is a horrible decision that will bite them in the end. I see some people excited about this move and think it will Save SeaWorld but in reality they are just saving the name. In the end its going to be nothing but a ride/coaster park. I for one and many other went to SeaWorld for the unique experiences you can’t find anywhere else. I went to be inspired and learn about magnificent animals. I visited 120 times last year and maybe only rode the rides a handful of times. I don't want to see SeaWorld become another six flags park. Oh boy we are going to build a killer whale theme roller coaster. Who cares its just another coaster with a theme. Slowly all the animals will leave and then the rescue programs will end and you will have yourself another ride based park in Orlando. Just how I feel. I'm devastated by the news and seriously considering canceling my pass I have had for 15 years now. I don't see this being a win for the park. They stabbed their supporters and friend in the back and decided to welcome their enemies instead.

^^well, Donald trump is well on his way to being the republican presidential nominee. So my faith in our ability to not kill a species is not that great.

If Trump were elected(let's hope not), he would send the whales back to the ocean

Then he's going to build a wall on both sides of the country so they can't come back, and make the whales pay for it to be put up.

I totally disagree with this move by seaworld. The whales have been the face of seaworld since I can remember. The stadiums are still PACKED to this day.

^Not as packed as they once were if one has a look at the annual earnings report the company has put out the past two years. They had little choice at this point to either change their product or continue moving backwards each year at their parks.

The part that concerns me is that Orcas will likely just be the beginning - I still don't understand how the public can call Orca shows an outrage but have no real issues with Dolphin captivity, despite their obvious similarities in cognitive ability. Sea World (especially San Diego) has long been one of the best run conservation programs in the country, and I hope they are able to turn their image around before more damage is done.

• 2 weeks later...

^Not as packed as they once were if one has a look at the annual earnings report the company has put out the past two years. They had little choice at this point to either change their product or continue moving backwards each year at their parks.

The part that concerns me is that Orcas will likely just be the beginning - I still don't understand how the public can call Orca shows an outrage but have no real issues with Dolphin captivity, despite their obvious similarities in cognitive ability. Sea World (especially San Diego) has long been one of the best run conservation programs in the country, and I hope they are able to turn their image around before more damage is done.

There's no anti-dolphin documentary, and besides, dolphin shows are so common that the group responsible couldn't claim victory.

Besides, the dolphin show isn't a marquee attraction.

Any idea when Manta will begin testing? I can't wait to see it in action.

You mean Mako?

I keep coming here to score pictures of this awesome looking coaster, but I keep leaving empty handed.

That's because not much has changed from this last update: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1681026#p1681026

Rumors are that it will begin testing at night any day now but until we hear that not too much more to report.

Thanks. I must have missed that somehow. I think this might be my favorite *looking* coaster of 2016 so far, but I'm a sucker for the highly criticized B&M hypers.

Thanks. I must have missed that somehow. I think this might be my favorite *looking* coaster of 2016 so far, but I'm a sucker for the highly criticized B&M hypers.

I am too Prozach! They’re just plain fun to me. We seriously need more photos in this thread though... This ride is too gorgeous!

Awww wook at the cute widdle 7 caw twains. <3

In all seriousness this has some nice pacing after the hammerhead. I'm really looking forward to riding it. I think we'll just miss it this year but we go to Sea World about once a year so it won't be too long.