SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 263: New Howl-O-Scream event announced!​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AMEN!!! It's so dumb to me that a company (Premier) which made headlines and won awards and praise from all of us for taking OTSR's OFF of rides that didn't need it is now needlessly putting OTSR

Is this like spanking the monkeys?

Is this a Halloween event or a drag show?

Posted Images

Mako looks like its going to have a decent amount of airtime

It does look like a fun ride. Who know's, B&M may finally make a ride with a decent amount of airtime, but I'm not holding my breath.

um excuse me but have you not ridden Behemoth at Canada's Wonderland? That whole ride is airtime....

^yeah but because rides like El Toro and Skyrush (coasters with ridiculous ejector airtime) exist, people think any coaster that doesn't rip you out of your seat doesn't have airtime. This would include the B&M hypers which have lots of floater air. But apparently ejector is what the people want.

I love Intamin/RMC ejector airtime AND B&M Hyper airtime!! Although I definitely prefer coasters with crazy intensity/ejector airtime (Skyrush, Outlaw Run, I305, El Toro) over most B&M hypers, saying that "B&M airtime is mediocre" is a bit of an exaggerated, IMO. There's clearly pro's and con's with the floater vs. ejector debate, and it comes down to personal preference. I'm just excited to ride all of these top tier coasters!

(After I visit SFGAm tomorrow, I will have only one operating B&M Hyper (Fury 325) and one operating RMC (Wicked Cyclone) left to ride in the U.S., of course I will have more to add for 2016 (Mako, LR, etc.)!)

Has anyone been following the Blue World Project news out of California? Sea World was granted the permission to build the larger habitats for the whales however the commission slapped an amendment on it that prohibits Sea World from breeding anymore whales there or transporting whales in or out of their California park. Can Sea World beat this ridiculous amendment or are they doomed to over time lose their whale population as they age and pass on?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, all. Headed down to Orlando in a couple of weeks, and I'm visiting SeaWorld for the first time on Friday, November 21st. What should I expect in terms of crowds? Being that it's an Orlando park, I don't expect a ghost town, but still anticipating it will be manageable. Also, any "must-do's" besides the three credits? Thanks in advance for any and all help and tips.

Hi, all. Headed down to Orlando in a couple of weeks, and I'm visiting SeaWorld for the first time on Friday, November 21st. What should I expect in terms of crowds? Being that it's an Orlando park, I don't expect a ghost town, but still anticipating it will be manageable. Also, any "must-do's" besides the three credits? Thanks in advance for any and all help and tips.

No matter what day it is Kraken is usually is a 5-10 min wait manta usually is 10-25 min wait. for shows get there a few mins early plus you got the chrismas shows depending on what theater its at.The Polar express is a great ride every year so I wouldn't skip it.

No matter what day it is Kraken is usually is a 5-10 min wait manta usually is 10-25 min wait. for shows get there a few mins early plus you got the chrismas shows depending on what theater its at.The Polar express is a great ride every year so I wouldn't skip it.

This, I was there this past summer on a Saturday afternoon in July and got into the park and on and off of Kraken and Manta (3 rides Kraken actually I think) and out of the park in about an hour and a half. The coaster lines are always light no matter what the crowd looks like. Antarctica surprisingly seems to always have about 30+ minute line.

Other than the coasters Journey to Atlantis is still a pretty fun ride (don't sit in the front unless you want to get drenched), and the aquarium inside of the gift shop is pretty cool (and easy to miss). I love Blue Horizons (the Dolphin Show) and it's always been my favorite show at the park. The Sharks Underwater Grill is a pretty solid restaurant, but if you're not interested in a meal there make sure to grab a drink and check out the bar with the aquarium bar top, pretty cool.

Thanks for the advice. The coasters not having long lines is great to hear. Another question: is there enough for a 3 year old to do at the park, besides seeing the animal exhibits? I'm not sure of my nephew's height, but I'd love to be able to ride Shamu Express with him. (yes, I'm a credit whore. )

Another question: is there enough for a 3 year old to do at the park, besides seeing the animal exhibits? I'm not sure of my nephew's height, but I'd love to be able to ride Shamu Express with him. (yes, I'm a credit whore. )

Yeah, my last trip last month my daughter was just over 3 years old and she loved Happy Harbor. I think the Shamu Express has a 38" height requirement but most of the rest of the rides in that section the three year old should be able to ride with an adult. My 3 year old surprisingly loves the shows, she'll sit through the Shamu Show and the Dolphin show and enjoy every bit of it. Also, the "mild" side of Antarctica doesn't have a height restriction as far as I remember so your nephew should be able to ride that and honestly the "mild" and the "wild" side aren't that different. So yeah there's quite a bit for a 3 year old to do, you might get stuck in Happy Harbor for a few hours but oh well.

Also, there's is a great family restroom in Happy Harbor that has changing stations and an air conditioned room with some games and stuff, pretty convenient.

Excellent to hear. Looking forward to my visit. Can't believe in all my years of visiting Florida, I never ventured to SeaWorld so I'm excited for something new. Thanks for the help.

Mako has gone vertical!

YAY!

I was about to say that the drop, and first overbank would be completed soon, as once the coaster goes vertical, coaster construction starts to become really fast, but then I remembered Valravn.

If the ride's queue will be heavily themed, then vertical construction better start becoming really fast, if they want to open it in time (I think).

Mako has gone vertical!

YAY!

I was about to say that the drop, and first overbank would be completed soon, as once the coaster goes vertical, coaster construction starts to become really fast, but then I remembered Valravn.

If the ride's queue will be heavily themed, then vertical construction better start becoming really fast, if they want to open it in time (I think).

They Said Summer 2016 so They got all the time they want.