TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

hey duke, thanks for the link. those look like some fun challenges. but i'm too busy any ways. And that video was cool. I really like the concrete floor like that. That way, we don't have to wait for the floors to fall before we leave. One less thing to worry about!

The attention to detail in the q is phenomenal and just the couple of rays that are in the tank now add so much to the ride experience. They look so cool just cruising and there is only a few right now. Will there be other things in the tank besides rays, or will it only be rays?

You will also see Leafy sea dragons as well as other sea life including an octopus.

Oops, sorry didn't see a prior post answering this.

SeaWorld Orlando will begin a "sneak preview" for its new Manta roller coaster at high noon on Tuesday, May 5. The ride also will open at noon every day after through at least Sunday, May 10, says SeaWorld spokesman Nick Gollattscheck.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/features_orlando/2009/04/seaworld-orlando-manta-roller-coaster-sneak-preview-may-5.html

Ahh, I've never seen or... I guess, payed attention to Tatsu's floor.

Does it cause any problems, like guests slipping?

I've slipped a bit on it before, but it was nothing major. I can imagine distracted guests slipping and falling on it at times, though.

Ahh, I've never seen or... I guess, payed attention to Tatsu's floor.

Does it cause any problems, like guests slipping?

I once made a fool out of myself in Tatsu's station because of this. I hope never to do it again.

I feel that if the first video is official enough to have the manta logo and be released by seaworld, they would have at least mounted the camera to the train instead of being held by hand.

Regardless, the zero car looks fantastic from that angle and the ride looks phenomenal. And I trust B&M to make a quality coaster...

Only a few more days!

Does anyone know when the construction walls are coming down?

The ride looks really fun from that video.

OMG!!! Did you guys know there was a video of Manta on you tube?

I'm posting this just in case you are to lazy to see that it has been posted 5 times here in the last 2 pages!

It seems kind of rough but it could be the person holding the camera.

They also made a commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6eD1VXcXkw

The ride is anything but rough, its exceptionally smooth. As for the construction walls, supposedly tonight is the night they are coming down.....so we'll see how things look in the morning! Tuesday is the official soft opening day....but don't be surprised if takes its first public passengers before that.....but then again plans change all the time as we all know. I can't wait till people get to ride. Everything is absolutely beautiful, I think everyone is going to be very surprised at the oustanding job the Park has done with the attraction on the inside as well as the surrounding exterior areas. Its VERY detailed and they really thought everything out.....right up to the second the train goes into the flying position.