TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

Decided to go to the Park for a few hours in hopes of catching some test runs. As luck would have it, they began to cycle as soon as I arrived. I caught 4 cycles in about 2 hours. Looks REAL good! Here are some pics, working on getting my videos uploaded....

Cresting Lift

First Drop

Last Inversion

Pretzel Loop

2nd Inline Twist

Bottom of First Drop

Exiting Pretzel Loop

Climbing Lift Hill

That looks crazy. It doesn't even look like the MCBR takes off much speed from the second half of the ride. Also from the second video, the drop after the MCBR looks like it would produce some airtime. At least in the front row.

The pacing looks fantastic. Will the splashdown be right after the MCBR, or right before the final break-run?

I'm pretty sure it is after the break run, but i could be wrong. but there are some photos on different websites showing the piping for it, and it looks like its after the MCBR.

The pacing looks fantastic. Will the splashdown be right after the MCBR, or right before the final break-run?

I'm pretty sure it is after the break run, but i could be wrong. but there are some photos on different websites showing the piping for it, and it looks like its after the MCBR.

The splashdown is right after the MCBR, though it gets close to the water right before the final brake run. Post MCBR has a splash, pre brake run will just cruise above the water.

And great update by the way! Thank you for getting those videos and pictures!

Those water dummies are lucky

The ride looks very smooth and fun. It goes through the whole course at a nice speed and never really seems to slow down (except the Brake Run ). The pretzel loop looks perfect and so do the other inversions. The MCBR doesn't really seem to do much, like it's not needed.

Manta definately looks a lot better than I thought it would going off of construction pictures.

The video actually demonstrates how short the ride is. I think sometimes parks put too much emphasis on the ride and not the aesthetics. In this case it is the opposite. I think there are so many tangibles that make the ride "look" interesting, but the ride itself just looks blah. It seems so very short:(

I think more attention should have been put on the coaster itself. I think after a long wait people will be disappointed in how short this the ride portion is. So much wasted room:(

I hope I am proved wrong, I really do. I love Sea World and the rides.

^ I think that while I agree that the ride seems short that in terms of a flying coaster it seems long enough. People wait in lines for Superman Ultimate flights at both Six Flags Great America Great Adventure and these rides are relatively the same size although Manta is actually quite longer (but I'm speaking in terms of ride time). I would argue that guest will not pout about a potential long wait due to the fact that the queue has an aquarium... lets not forget that the queue is part of the ride experience too. Manta has 3 trains and if run at max capacity I don't forsee a large issue. The only thing that may be the issue in this case is re-ridership. How likely are people to get back in line for the same ride after waiting a long time for short ride. I guess its just the luck of the draw... go on a day thats less busy than a day thats busy. I know with S:UF, I only went on it if the park was dead (low attendance). I don't know how likely low attendance at orlando parks. THe shortest ride I've ever waited a long time for was hypersonic and even with waiting a long time in line during the day there was still the opportunity to re-ride toward park closing as the lines were shorter. I wouldn't call manta a waste of space at all.