TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

^ Yeah you would be somewhere around a month too early... give or take a few weeks.

Back on topic, just a quick description on whats been happening at the site. Basically more trees have been put in and a lot more work has been done on the exterior of the aquarium/station including the little towers we saw in the artwork. A lot of work is probably being done on the interior of the building as well but that is out of our view.

^I'm still not 100% convinced it's a MCBR. It's just the safety brake to the Main Brake and just has a huge section of track between it and the Service Brake. The track area behind the shed is where the Transfer block and Service block rest. That essentially would make the Mid-Course block, a Safety Brake, and not it's own block.

I was at the park the other day and the pictures on the internet really don't do Manta justice. It's just a really cool looking coaster and that's without the theming in place yet. I just can't wait to see this coaster take form in the coming months.

As for the "MCBR", I hope they have it on as light as Kraken's was the other day. The train was just flying through it.

Yes, such a sexy coaster. That pretzle loop (it is one, right?) is calling my name. I can guarantee if its open when I go in July, I will be there the second the park opens just to ride it without a crazy line! I totally cannot wait for all the theming to go up! The queue should definitely be something interesting to go through! I notice the switched signs back to summer seem to be staying now. Hopefully that changes. (OR, hopefully they consider the first week of July summer!!)