TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

Im just saying that it looks more intense, I didn't say IT IS more intense.

I see where your coming from, because the layout is allot more compact and twisty than previous B&M flyers. I wouldn't say more intense though, I'd say it looks more fast paced and exiting than other B&M flyers. It seems to me that the past B&M flyers have only been able to create an experience similar to wave swingers; Its a fun ride and a nice way to feel the sensation of being swept over landscape and people and other things, yet it gets really boring after a while. With Manta, it seems that B&M has finally managed to get past the handicap on flyers, which is having awkward G-forces because of the unusual riding position. Now finally i think they're going to make flyers that are very fast, smooth and unpredictable, just like Batman the Ride. Its great to see B&M flyers reach more potential.

Im just saying that it looks more intense, I didn't say IT IS more intense.

I see where your coming from, because the layout is allot more compact and twisty than previous B&M flyers. I wouldn't say more intense though, I'd say it looks more fast paced and exiting than other B&M flyers. It seems to me that the past B&M flyers have only been able to create an experience similar to wave swingers; Its a fun ride and a nice way to feel the sensation of being swept over landscape and people and other things, yet it gets really boring after a while. With Manta, it seems that B&M has finally managed to get past the handicap on flyers, which is having awkward G-forces because of the unusual riding position. Now finally i think they're going to make flyers that are very fast, smooth and unpredictable, just like Batman the Ride. Its great to see B&M flyers reach more potential.

Lets hope that is true

Now finally i think they're going to make flyers that are very fast, smooth and unpredictable, just like Batman the Ride. Its great to see B&M flyers reach more potential.

Really? Batman the Ride? If anything, Manta will be the Montu of the B&M Flyer world.

I don't think you fully understood what he was trying to say, though he did say it kind of poorly.

I think he was trying to say that when inverted coasters first started happening they were all small like Batman: The Ride. Now they're huge like Montu and Katurn.

That after coasters like Superman: Ultimate Flight, we'll see flying coasters get taller, faster, and more unpredictable which is the way Manta and Tatsu are.

[off topic] I wonder what it would be like to ride Batman: TR or any other invert with B&M flyer trains... [/off topic]

Regardless, I'm really looking forward to see this ting with all the track in place.

Wow imagine Alpiengeist. Imagine a flyer with a Cobra Roll.

Sorry if i confused anyone, but i didn't mean that as an analogy or anything. Quite frankly i don't think that you can give an analogy between B&M flyers and inverts because they were both completely different stories. When BTR came out it blew peoples minds, but when SUF and Air first arrived people thought it was neat but still needed better designs.

What i mean by "like Batman the Ride" is that it will be fast and compact, and very unpredictable if you haven't carefully studied the layout. Basically I'm just saying that Manta is starting to show it can take B&M flyers to the level of excitement and awesomeness of previous B&M models.

Oh and as for what Inverts would be like with Flying trains... Lets just say that with any layout, an invert with flying trains would probably create levels of whiplash and strain on the neck that it would leave most of your body paralyzed for a long time. The reason that B&M flyers use pretzel loops is so that you can go upside down by diverting the forces to push your head back into your seat. The pretzel loops was simply a way of making a vertical loop on flyers. Although you could do a vertical loop, you would need to enter it already back to the ground, just like vekoma flyers. The same goes for a cobra roll.

This ride looks more twisted than other flyers and it has a longer drop than Tatsu (by 2 ft lol ). Hopefully it will be a top 10. Knowing BEC skill of making B&M awesome, I think they could pull of a great ride here. Let just hope they really spark an interest in making flyers.

There is just so much steel everywhere at the bottom of that pretzel loop. That's going to be nuts.

Agreed. It's just a knot of blue tubular steel through that. It's gonna be crazy once you hit the bottom. And even to a degree, going through the corkscrew (or at least the run through the pretzel loop right before the corkscrew).

^^Remember that Tatsu's max drop is 124 ft. The initial drop is only 111ft.

Thats pretty cool. What part of Tatsu exactly is the max drop; does that count the pretzel loop? (Sorry I'm unsure of...) I know it has a huge looking pretzel loop, but unsure of how high it is... I also don't know how high Manta's is, but I'm sure its probably bigger than the S:UF clones?

On the other hand Manta sure is going up fast! If I remember correctly, some of the other B&M flyers have had speedy construction like this as well... Well I'm definately excited to ride this next year! It does look like a really fun ride, and I'm excited to see what the final results will look like.

-Justin