TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

^ I actually think that once HHN is over, that ride will start going up much faster. You gotta remember that a lot of the area clearing and prep takes much longer than the steel erection (heh). And right now they have a major event going on right in the area that they need to build on.

I mean, Tatsu for example they spent about 4 months preping the area and the ride went up in about 6 weeks.

--Robb

They put a Christmas tree on top of the Voyage when it was built in '06.

But what I don't understand is that they say the tree goes on the tallest part of the coaster. But the picture clearly shows that they missed that point by about 5-10 feet. Why'd they put it so far back?

An evergreen to top off a roller coaster? That's something never seen before.

Manta looks really nice! It's too bad San Diego won't be getting one! This looks like a cool ride. And since it has double stations, you know it's going to be a high-capacity machine.

Great pictures Robb! Keep them coming!

I too believe that a drop does not have to be steep to be thrilling. It was expected that it wasn't going to be steep as comparing it to others flyers, none are that steep. In addition, you have to add in the fact the position your already in.

About the evergreen tree tradition, I never knew about it until today so I learned something new. Cool!

Here's the construction update from yesterday that were lost in the crash.

DSCF0701.jpg.56cc5af97f041d1053e11c2498145143.jpg

And here's an overview. Thanks for reading!

DSCF0700.jpg.8386f0a647aa9bd3513fa3f7a8fccd68.jpg

The first drop is done. It's close to the ground as of now, but we'll see how that turns out once construction is over.

DSCF0698.jpg.c45a1d641da89c7a1cc08f4392f5edbf.jpg

Roof-a-plenty at 5:00.

DSCF0666.jpg.17d3f89ca499c4e37dde9f6880f5cfc1.jpg

Roofless at 3:30.

DSCF0694.jpg.93e67c6350ef44f8c71bca79b33d1542.jpg

And here you can see construction if the construction was looking in a mirror.

DSCF0677.jpg.5fc9d580d52ed13c17f258e39fb40a94.jpg

Here you can clearly see construction.

DSCF0669.jpg.ae32b8650f1ecde1d4845da4e58377e3.jpg

I forgot the caption I used for this one last time.

DSCF0668.jpg.f13de3dfc4595581464dc4a3e5789fa8.jpg

It's starting to look like a real coaster!

DSCF0665.jpg.42de6da4870c93b8ceb71f488bbb54f5.jpg

I see you, maintenance shed!

DSCF0664.jpg.74d96d27ba0c5e836e2283750a32d9c2.jpg

The cranes of Manta. Look for the sexy swimsuit calendar of them soon.

I thought I just share with you all how the area where Manta is being built and the pathways that are currently closed are presented on the park's guide map.

This seems to be the first week where they actually advertised Manta on the park map; it was never there before this week.

IMG_2742.JPG.745e16e7b3b0062b6667d8d1be102b36.JPG

Park map with Manta construction area and closed pathways.

I thought I just share with you all how the area where Manta is being built and the pathways that are currently closed are presented on the park's guide map.

This seems to be the first week where they actually advertised Manta on the park map; it was never there before this week.

My school definitely picked the wrong week to have the Sea World trip.

I was there just last saturday. I can't believe how much has changed in ONE week!

Wow! Now i have to go ride the Manta! Thanks!

This looks like a really cool coaster, and hopefully sometime I'll visit Sea World, Florida, since I have never been there. It looks like it's shaping up to be a really fun place to spend a weekend.

I was looking over at the Sea World, Orlando park map, and I am trying to figure out where exactly they're building this coaster, Manta. I did see the small portion map posted on the previous page, but here is the actual map. Is it near that stadium in the map I am looking at, in the center where all those paths are?

Click Here for the map I am looking at. First, I thought they were building it on that lake, and drained all that water, because in one construction photo, I saw that waterride in the background. I am not familiar with Sea World, Florida.

I do hope that the park I live by, which is Six Flags Magic Mountain, can someday build a coaster like Manta, with actual themed coaster trains. They can always use the name 'Mantis', which is a name I gave one of my coasters using Roller Coaster Tycoon 3, or something else.

Just by looking at all the concept art, this is truly a first of a kind coaster, well-themed, and an amazing layout. It's gonna look awesome when it's complete in the summer of next year. I am gonna keep my eye in this thread until next summer to see and read all the updates and posts.

Later

Tim