TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

October 5, 2008

Lots of new stuff to see this week. Out in the storage area, there is lift hill track and top and bottom of the lift. Inside the work area, station track has gone up for both sides and some of the brake run has gone up. Transfer track pieces going up and tons more work on the main tank area.

20 photos from today are up so check them out here,

www.johnnyupsidedown.com/manta.html

Below are a couple from today.

2.jpg.a72ae9c8de85c79fda8c6a3d8a55bc80.jpg

1.jpg.17387775e4848c12b0d02e0713202cea.jpg

Thanks for the update Johnny. They are moving along, I just wish it was already june! lol. All I hope is that this ride is more intense and more fun than the other flyers

Glad to share SAM.

For those that like the construction just be sure to check in every week on my site for lots more photos, I should have weekly updates as long as track work is getting done.

Sam you still at Busch.

Anyway glad people are liking the photos.

See ya.

J>

Thanks for the update Johnny. They are moving along, I just wish it was already june! lol. All I hope is that this ride is more intense and more fun than the other flyers

Glad to share SAM.

For those that like the construction just be sure to check in every week on my site for lots more photos, I should have weekly updates as long as track work is getting done.

Sam you still at Busch.

Anyway glad people are liking the photos.

See ya.

J>

yeah i am still at BG

Woohoo!

I've been keeping this thread open in a tab now, refreshing a few times a day to see if anyone says anything. I reload it today and theres an update! Awesome.

I haven't looked at all of the pictures yet, but I found it interesting that the track spine doesn't curve at the bottom of the lift hill.

Hmm, something about these pics tell me it's gonna be massive...

I agree with you, looking at these pictures, you can't really tell how big this thing actually is. Today I was on the side where the end of the brake run was (next to the Polar Parlor Ice Cream), and just looking at the track, you realize how massive this thing is.

I was thinking to myself, how will they put something this huge in this area? Its going to be amazing to see this thing go up first hand every week as well as how they make use of the surrounding areas...

^That's what's supposed to happen on B&M lifts, breaks, and all the wheel-things.

Really? Maybe I just never payed attention to it before. I assumed it was B&M flyers only. I guess since I've spent more time playing NoLimits than I have on real B&M coasters, I'm used to not seeing it.

Your welcome everybody.. Stay tuned as I hope to be able to keep the quality updates coming tell we get to ride Manta.

Update 10-12-08..

The main tank walls have been poured this week. More work on the transfer track and train storage area has been done. Lots of new track and supports have arrived in the off site storage area. More footer work and lots of electrical work on the station house has gotten done.

Check out the other 20 photos from today here

www.johnnyupsidedown.com/manta.html

Couple of photos from today are below.

2.jpg.f0ba4d031536c3700748b53cd8263f5d.jpg

1.jpg.ff3a6660487430cd3fb66f1073c10434.jpg

Wow, thanks for the update!

The photos were great, especially the first two pictures with the curvy track pieces.

Glad to see that some of the gravity track has finally arrived.

Construction is still just dirt for the most part though. Footers don't really excite me, but I love seeing the actual supports going up, and as long as we still don't know the layout, I'll be looking at the track pieces trying to figure out what they are. It looks like the pieces in the pictures on the photo update were probably from the first drop. The twisty piece looks like the curve at the top of the drop.

I'm constantly refreshing this thread for updates or comments on the ride, I'm very excited about this one.

Counting the track that is on site there is about 20 to 25 pieces. I saw 3 lift piece, the top and bottom of lift, Then there is another stack of 4 and there are more in the area where the first 2 photos are. Along with what is installed I would say that there is 35 to 40 pieces of track.. Most if not all the track will be onsite in the next few weeks.. My contact at the park says most of Manta will have arrived by the end of the month. I hope to be able to arrange a close up walk around the track once most of its on site, I am at least going to ask. MOre soon.

Sam check your PM

..My contact at the park says most of Manta will have arrived by the end of the month.

That makes sense considering Manta highest part is expected to be installed by the end of this month. I can't wait for that time because it will give an idea how the park will look like from afar with the lifts of Kraken and Manta rising over the treetops changing the skyline of SeaWorld.