TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

I'm loving the blue track!

I've only been to Sea World once recently, and I entered from the back for a special event so I have no idea how to get around the park. Where will this be located relative to Kraken and Journey to Atlantis?

I'm hoping that it will be kinda far away, to keep the crowds a bit spread out.

I'm loving the blue track!

I've only been to Sea World once recently, and I entered from the back for a special event so I have no idea how to get around the park. Where will this be located relative to Kraken and Journey to Atlantis?

I'm hoping that it will be kinda far away, to keep the crowds a bit spread out.

well it will be close to kraken and JTA, It will be visible from the front of the park..so I guess you can say it is close to JTA and Kraken. Or better yet between the front entrance and Kraken

If you saw the flamingos that would of helped to figure out where it will be. lol

well it will be close to kraken and JTA, It will be visible from the front of the park..so I guess you can say it is close to JTA and Kraken. Or better yet between the front entrance and Kraken

If you saw the flamingos that would of helped to figure out where it will be. lol

I actually went with my dad to a special party with the company he works for. The park invited them in to see a shamu show as a fun event after the seminar in orlando. While waiting for the show to start, I couldn't stand just looking off in the distance at a giant B&M coaster, so I left the group for a bathroom break, and rode kraken four times...lost track of time and starting walking toward the back of the park again the way I came.

Then I got lost trying to find my way after the park had closed... I had to ask a person who was cleaning the park, and convince them I was with the private party.

I'll be going to Sea World the proper way on October 25th. Hopefully I'll get to see some track laying around by then, and I'll be sure to post pictures.

I didn't even know kraken was at the front of the park lol.

Actually, Kraken is not at the front of the park. Kraken is located if you were using the park map, in the top left corner of the park. Or in other words, it is on one of the back side corner of the park.

The construction site of Manta actually stretches from the front of the park (where the flamingos use to be) all they way towards that corner of the park. To give you an idea, in front of Kraken and JTA is a gift shop named Friends of the Wild which is also right in front of the Penguin Encounter. Manta main construction site stretches from the front of the park all the way towards where this gift shop is located.

I actually went with my dad to a special party with the company he works for. The park invited them in to see a shamu show as a fun event after the seminar in orlando. While waiting for the show to start, I couldn't stand just looking off in the distance at a giant B&M coaster, so I left the group for a bathroom break, and rode kraken four times...lost track of time and starting walking toward the back of the park again the way I came.

Then I got lost trying to find my way after the park had closed... I had to ask a person who was cleaning the park, and convince them I was with the private party.

I'll be going to Sea World the proper way on October 25th. Hopefully I'll get to see some track laying around by then, and I'll be sure to post pictures.

LOL. Kraken is located at the back side of the park. lol.

Come on already, lets see the layout!

This is the only new 2009 coaster that I'll probably get to ride next year.

I'm seriously so excited about this. The last time a B&M was built in Florida I was still afraid of coasters. (EDIT: actually, not Sheikra, but it was already built by the time I read about it, because I lost my fear of coasters the month before.)

Have there been any B&M flying coasters besides Air that do not have a pretzel?

I want it to have one, because I have heard it's the highlight of the B&M flyers, but I also think it might fit the ride's "theme" better if there wasn't one.

You know what would be a cool idea? Have a splashdown like Sheikra has. The riders can lie on their backs and the scoops can be underneath the last car.

Then, you might actually be able to the splashdown on the ride too.

I want it to have one, because I have heard it's the highlight of the B&M flyers, but I also think it might fit the ride's "theme" better if there wasn't one.

SeaWorld's Manta would be B&M seventh flying coaster. You are correct as Air is currently the only B&M flying coaster to not have a pretzel loop.

My opinion, I would love Manta to have a pretzel loop but I would not be surprise if it did not have one as well. Either way, I still think it will turn out to be a great coaster.

Come on already, lets see the layout!

This is the only new 2009 coaster that I'll probably get to ride next year.

I'm seriously so excited about this. The last time a B&M was built in Florida I was still afraid of coasters. (EDIT: actually, not Sheikra, but it was already built by the time I read about it, because I lost my fear of coasters the month before.)

You know what would be a cool idea? Have a splashdown like Sheikra has. The riders can lie on their backs and the scoops can be underneath the last car.

Then, you might actually be able to the splashdown on the ride too.

well manta is having a slpashdown just not exactly how it will be is still unknown

I'm thinking that the train will go into a trench and be below waterlevel, with the last car having the splash fins like SheiKra.

From the ride, you'll look like your "diving" into the water, with the splash fins on the outside of the train hitting the water and making a huge splash.

I think an above water flyby would be AWESOME.

Water around a coaster is really cool. When you get to the top of the lift on Kraken, being right next to a lake is scary and cool.

I can image how neat it would be to swoop down have your face come a few feet away from the water.

One fin of the train dipping into the water isn't going to create a splash.

If it's shaped correctly and that train is going fast enough it will. B&M trains are some of the heaviest around there, so there's a lot of energy to create a splash. You're screen name suggest's you know how small the scoops on the Griffon and Skiekra are, yet they produce a huge splash.

I just found this:

2009 - Manta - (9/9/08) According to an Orlando local, they were sitting at a stop light not far from SeaWorld when a truck pulled up next to them hauling some Manta track pieces on it. Lets see who can be the first to find it and get a picture.

Finally it's getting interesting.

woot woot!!! how exciting! Someone needs to go there an take pics!