TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

It is a "good" idea for tourists in the busy season; but that's about the only people it will benefit in that time. Any other time, the ride's lines (if any) is really quick, especially Kraken; and you can still get a good spot for the shows. I personally think they're copying Universal's Express Plus ticket to get some extra 'dough'.

It's a good idea, but I just don't think $30 a person is worth it for a family of four to spend to see shows and ride the attractions.

I love SeaWorld, I go all the time, but I don't see myself spending that much to see a whale jump out of the water!

If they add an express pass to the front of the beer line and unlimited beers with the price, then it starts to become worth it even though it's AB beer!

I love SeaWorld, I go all the time, but I don't see myself spending that much to see a whale jump out of the water!

Then it wouldn't make much sense for you to purchase one, but for a family of 4 that visits, and it may be a once in a lifetime thing, it would definitely be worth it if you ask me.

I really love these types of things at parks.

They are also using it at Sea World San Antonio. At San Antonio you also get VIP seating at the Shamu stadium, Dolphin/Beluga stadium, and Sea Lion Stadium. It is 25 dollars plus tax at SWSA. I personally think it is a great deal compared to the Six Flags version where it is about 50 dollars if I am not mistaken correct?

--David

I loved it at Busch Gardens Williamsburg and hope it will take off at Sea World and all the Busch parks!

Is it the same price at BGE? I will be going there in October and if it is good enough for Elissa, then by God, it is good enough for us.

I loved it at Busch Gardens Williamsburg and hope it will take off at Sea World and all the Busch parks!

My only concern is the wording about the shows. I hope they meant 'special reserved seating' instead of early access to the shows. I'd much rather show up right before the show starts and have a good section of the theater reserved for me. I'm pretty sure that's how these passes work at a lot of the other parks that use them with shows.

As long as the "reserved" seating isn't in, say, the first 5 rows (especially for the Shamu production)....

-Mark

^I think the reserved seating will be around the same area as the Platnium Pass reserved seating.

As for me, I don't know if I would invest in the Quick Queue passes. It might be good for Wild Arctic and Journey to Atlantis, though. Then again, I'm at Sea World pretty often anyway.

On moderately busy days I could see this going a long way, but during peak times I have a feeling Sea World is creating more trouble than the convenience is worth, especially for the show situations. When I worked there it was absolutely insane how quickly shows filled up during peak times, and even the platinum passholder reserved areas caused near-riots. For a park with so few rides I don't think this is a great fit.

It is a "good" idea for tourists in the busy season; but that's about the only people it will benefit in that time. Any other time, the ride's lines (if any) is really quick, especially Kraken; and you can still get a good spot for the shows. I personally think they're copying Universal's Express Plus ticket to get some extra 'dough'.

Just a hunch...but "tourists in the busy season" probably make up the majority of the parks business. Shame on Sea World for offering them a better experience and making more money for themselves?

I am just hoping they will incorporate it into that GPS thing they have. THAT would be a cool product!

... I personally think they're copying Universal's Express Plus ticket to get some extra 'dough'.

Totally agree with you. Having "express" access to the SHOWS?!? I mean, c'mon. I could get there right when the show starts in Spring AND Summer (with the only exception being the Believe show, which ALWAYS gets full) & still manage to get a decent seat.

Still, express access to Wild Arctic, Kraken & Atlantis...VERY nice!

You mean the one made with NoLimits? Anyone could have created that. And the real video would probably be made with the same program as Diamondback's was.

True, anyone could have created that, but lots of companies have been using No Limits for their animations lately such as The Gravity Group (see The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II), Intamin (see Piraten), Great Coasters Inc. (see Kentucky Rumbler). No Limits apparently has some professional version that allows parks/companies to put the exact track layouts into the program.

Diamondback wasn't made with just some program, Kings Island hired Virtual Image Productions to create that animation. It's very possible that the YouTube layout was something that Busch (or B&M) created for internal purposes only and it was leaked.

Then again, it could just be someone's guess? Considering that animation appeared on YouTube over a month before the announcement and it has certain features (like 4 inversions) - I kind of believe that the actual layout will at least be some variation of what is shown.

I don't think Busch would use NoLimits as their "offical" video either, but I'm saying that the possibility exists that the one on YouTube was leaked and meant to be for internal purposes only. There are lots of things about it that seem to be pretty accurate so far as far as how the land is being cleared and number of inversions.

For some reason, Sea World FL has never really released details of their coasters. If you were around back in 1999, they did the same thing with Kraken (in not releasing some sort of layout) and everyone was wondering what was the layout going to be like. I think the first time I actually got an idea of what it was going to do is when they updated the park map with the ride on there and someone posted it on the internet. Basically, we're just going to have to wait until this winter before we find out what the layout is.

I really don't know if the YouTube video is the layout or not, but I'm just saying don't discount it because it was made with NoLimits because lots of manufacturers/parks are using the program now.

Off The Orlando Sentinel site today, SeaWorld has released a few photos from a recent inspection of the tracks for Manta at the Ohio plant where the tracks are being made.

One of the photo shows the shade of blue Manta's tracks would be.

Link: blogs.orlandosentinel.com/features_orlando/2008/09/seaworlds-manta.html

A few more photos can be found at ThemeParkInsider.com

Link: www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/200809/894/