TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

Me too... Looking forward to the layout. As for track I would imagine it will be a few months.. I will be out there this weekend for a look around so should be interesting to see what is happening.

As for track, I know a few spies around the B&M factory and once track is spotted at the plant then we will have a good idea when it will start to arrive at the park.. I would suspect a few months but you never know.

I will post up over the weekend with an update from the park.. Hopefully it will be a nice weekend and will be able to get another nice photo update.

Do you know what kind of element would be really cool on a flyer? I would like to see on a B&M flyer? I would like to see the opposite of the pretzel loop. On the way up to the top of the loop you could pull a fly to lie move and then have the train dive straight down and swoop close to the ground. Think of the signature loop on manhattan express much better engineered by the swiss, inverted for a flyer.

Just a pipe dream.

I should have biweekly updates until track starts to go up then I will have weekly updates.

Construction Update June 8th, 2008!

Stopped out at the park for a look around. More base wall work has been done on future water tanks. More footer work and prep work has been done over the last week. More machinery has shown up at the site and looks like a lot more material has shown this week.

See lots of photos here www.johnnyupsidedown.com/manta.html

Couple of photos below from today.

3.jpg.a1446353e381ded8c13a258da8ae42e5.jpg

Down the site

2.jpg.8e79d48b413bfd67861e433d266d6b20.jpg

Part of the site

1.jpg.5bd5ce6cb92224da014d05eb2e04b1ef.jpg

The logo

• 2 weeks later...

Was out at the park today for some photos.

Construction Update June 22nd, 2008!

Lets see what is has been done over the last couple of weeks. A lot more tank wall work has gotten done and and a lot of new footers have gone in this week. New footer holes all over the general work area along with a lot more steel cages have been prepared for footer pours.

Check out all the photos here.....

www.johnnyupsidedown.com/manta.html

man.jpg.722b6e175f57453c06f0ced956299e8a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here are the latest construction photos of Manta (taken July 5, 2008)...

IMGP9213.JPG.eb87e5e212297c4a718ad70cb0e5ae49.JPG

A look at the construction entryway in the parking lot where new construction supplies will appear throughout the year.

IMGP9205.JPG.1091d4e20b1d56f8a9844ebdaefcad49.JPG

Closeup on the main enclosure's construction.

IMGP9197.JPG.bcb8c86835ce918eabff175c00ebebfd.JPG

Some new construction walls have gone up on the Manta side of Key West as well.

IMGP9194.JPG.f4556455b83adcbd8cec03671d0bd88a.JPG

An overview of the construction work as of 7.5.08.

• 4 weeks later...

I would figure you wont see the layout for several more months.. At least until either most of the footers are in or track starts to go up. Track will arrive at the park in about 2 to 3 months.

I was out at the park a week ago on the 20th.. I will go again this coming weekend Aug. 3rd.. Until track goes up I will have bi weekly updates then weekly when track is getting done..

Latest photos are here http://www.johnnyupsidedown.com/manta.html