TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

^I didn't think we were going to see many more of them, but I thought it was just a matter of time before we saw one in Florida. IOA had the rumored Jurassic Park one for years (and the dueling flyer rumor that eventually became DD) and Busch parks have a love affair with B&M's. The only question was which of the three parks would be the first to get one, and I guess that would be Sea World.

"It's funny I thought the picture looked familiar and its actually one from Air taken from the RCDB:

RCDB Link

Would Sea World rip images from there to use?"

haha it actually is that same picture!

Because parks do that all the time. Piraten's concept art was one of the Superman: Rides of Steel. T-Express had photos of El Toro. And we're not even sure if this is official yet.

^ Wow good eye. That does make this seem a bit fishier.

Good catch, I was thinking the same thing a couple pages back but i didn't know the concept art was the same as air's.

This whole thread could end up to be us all suckered by speculation.

^ Wow good eye. That does make this seem a bit fishier.

Good catch, I was thinking the same thing a couple pages back but i didn't know the concept art was the same as air's.

This whole thread could end up to be us all suckered by speculation.

Yeah but the other website was down, unless they did that themselves...UGH! lol I would hate that

Sweet! I cant wait to see the official announcment! Then we will be able to see what this ride is really like!

Im so excited! I love Seaworld and know that they will do something great! Just think about it all of Busch's B&M are pretty much the best of their kind. I dont know if this can beat Tatsu though.

Okay, based soley on the artwork, is anyone else confused as to how they'd pull off the splashdown without soaking the entire train from the second row on? I'm no physics major, but that just seems impossible from that angle. Sort of like how Sheikra's cones can obviously only be on the rear of the train.

Maybe I'm seeing this wrong, but it just seems abnormal for the splash to be spraying away from the riders like that. And maybe I'm just bored with nothing better to think about right now.

wow one of the few terrain flyers. I haven't been on an original yet. just the b&m many six flags superman ultimate flights and 2 versions of the vekoma flyers. this one will be easier for me to get to being that i don't plan on getting to california for the first time until late next year. But i did an experiment. i think the coaster will dip in the water because if the splash fins are angled correctly, swooping gently into the water as the picture portrays, the water does splash outward away from the train. try the experiment in the tub or a pool using something flat. if you angle it correctly swinging your arm around in the swooping motion like in the picture the water will kick up outward. i see A.B. is starting to take a liking to this effect.

^

Because parks do that all the time. Piraten's concept art was one of the Superman: Rides of Steel. T-Express had photos of El Toro. And we're not even sure if this is official yet.

It's amazing, really. My family has been going to Florida every January for four years now, and we had to pick next year as our break.

Both Manta and Rip Ride Rockit (RRR?) look awesome. I'm definately excited to see how this turns out!

think the coaster will dip in the water because if the splash fins are angled correctly, swooping gently into the water as the picture portrays, the water does splash outward away from the train. try the experiment in the tub or a pool using something flat. if you angle it correctly swinging your arm around in the swooping motion like in the picture the water will kick up outward.

That's what I was thinking. Angle the fins outward so the water goes flying out away from the train and keeps the riders dry. We will have to wait and see.

"It's funny I thought the picture looked familiar and its actually one from Air taken from the RCDB:

RCDB Link

Would Sea World rip images from there to use?"

haha it actually is that same picture!

Yeah, they would. Or rather, design companies certainly do it.

It's just being used to illustrate an idea to those concerned. It's a quick visual aid to help pitch the main concepts (A flying coaster, themed to a manta ray, with the main feature being the splash down and suggesting what sort of ground space they have to work with in terms of layout).

There's nothing "cheap" about it. Why waste money when you don't have to?

This is a common practice. Most of the photos of Tatsu if you look closely are actually S:UF trains. Let us also not forget that the ads for X2 are just a photoshop image of the old trains, as we all know that the 3rd Gen trains have no fiberglass coverings

Those images of Tatsu are slightly different. This image isn't for the public, It's not for making money, so it's okay to just rip anything off the net and "edit" it. It's only to show people within the company who are involved to help them visualize the project. The Tatsu images, which are actually S:UF, would have to be their own images. If it wasn't all the same company, they'd have to purchase them.

Wow...I have been out of the loop for just over a month...and look what I miss! I have been reading this thread on and off for hours now...(cuz I was at work) I tried to skip pages, but then none of it made sense and I had no clue what was going on! lol...well, reason for writing is to find out if anyone has heard anything new about this...and did anyone hear about the official announcement? I go to SFGA all the time, and while Superman is a short ride, it is my favorite type of coaster in the park. I've been dying to get to Tatsu...but that wont happen for about 2 more years... I had planned a trip to Florida this July - but had to cancel it...until next year! Now things definitely happen for a reason!!!

ADMIN EDIT: A lack of use of the Shift key seems to be running rampant today. C'mon people. - Matt

^If you think you can skip on Tatsu by riding Manta, I don't think it will be an appropriate substitute. Tatsu was designed to be a high thrill ride, wheras Manta will probably be milder and more family style. To be honest I don't think that Ultimate Flight is an adequate substitute. It looks fun, but Tatsu is a lot faster, with a more extensive layout. Of course I speak with bias, but that's my ride.

^Don't get me wrong, I'm not badmouthing Manta in any way. I'm excited to see it because I know this park will theme it very well and themeing a ride is just as important as making the ride itself fun. I'm just a little skeptical of Ultimate flight because it looks fun and all, but it drops straight into the pretzel loop which can't be THAT intense (at least not as intense as Tatsu) Keep in mind Ultimate Flight drops 100 ft into a 78 ft. tall pretzel at 50 mph. Tatsu is cycling at 62 mph when it approaches its pretzel and drops further into it than the initial drop. (111 FT. drop, 124 ft pretzel)