TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

^Tame B&M Flyer?

If anything, this Flyer looks like something that may give Tatsu a run for its money. From what I can see, intensely banked turns and great interaction with the water/theming will make Manta one of the better B&M Flyers out there.

I agree, but will have to throw out a different point of view...

Though I've never really been on Tatsu, I dont know how much competition this is going to give as this will just be a good ride with a unique marketing capability. Tatsu just seems like end-to-end thrills... where this will just be solid but special features. i don't know.. maybe it's just my take on it. i dont know if they're necessarily looking to run against them, but just be marketing sensible.

(do i make sense?)

maybe it's just all how you see what a good flyer should be.

object at speed & water = lots of drag and stress

think about rapidly a water coaster / log flume slows down when it hits the water

True... but that could be towards the end of the ride as a way to slow it down, like SheiKra. And i just noticed in the concept art that its going to pass right next to a waterfall, with the riders 'hitting' the waterfall. AWESOME!

object at speed & water = lots of drag and stress

think about rapidly a water coaster / log flume slows down when it hits the water

that's true, but so far we know nothing about the train actually touching the water. It could get close enough to look like it, with water jets spraying riders to add the effect of the train actually skimming the water.

Hey folks, being a designer myself, I can say that these renderings are more concerned with giving you a "taste" of what is to come, to excite you, and also to look very pretty.....first of all, the actual layout of the ride, really cant not be judged by these renderings.....the main focal point is to showcae this water feature.....does not give a good judgement on size, height, length, etc.....so Its really too early to assume anything quite yet....especially with how this water feature will work.

I am sure its gonna be a kick ass B&M Flyer, little doubt in that. Theres a very good chance though, the end result will look very little like what is shown here.

Hey folks, being a designer myself, I can say that these renderings are more concerned with giving you a "taste" of what is to come, to excite you, and also to look very pretty.....first of all, the actual layout of the ride, really cant not be judged by these renderings.....the main focal point is to showcae this water feature.....does not give a good judgement on size, height, length, etc.....so Its really too early to assume anything quite yet....especially with how this water feature will work.

I am sure its gonna be a kick ass B&M Flyer, little doubt in that. Theres a very good chance though, the end result will look very little like what is shown here.

Well said ( daveydo5172 ).

I would expect things a bit more interesting that what the teasers are so far. I am thinking that the splash while cool looking will be taken more evenly as in train on back with both sides splashing. Mechanical wear would dictate that a splash on one side would simply tear up the trains.

Whoa! How awesome does that look

It looks like you good seriously touch the water. I like how there are coasters poppin up with a cool water effect. Not a big fan of flying coasters but I'm sure I'll be down here next year to ride manta and rip ride and rock it!!! Once again... B&M does it again!

People should not be saying that this ride looks tame. I mean these artworks do not show of the whole layout, and while the other B&M Flying coasters may have turned up to be tame, it does not mean that Manta(or whatever it will be called) would turn out that way. Just give BEC a chance, they seem to get things right with their coasters.

Wow, that looks fun! Coasting that close to the water in a flyer....

Superman at Great Adventure was actually supposed to be built out in the middle of the lake in the back of the park, but when Jackson Township turned down the proposed plan, they had to clear out the space at the front of the park where the ride stands at that last minute.

This looks like an interesting ride. I can't wait to see more of it.

well it looks like this one has a pretzle loop at the start of the ride. But what I liked about Tatsu's is that its midway so it's like the climax is quite literally at the climax.. Regaurdless this ride will be fun and very pretty I'm sure.

^Good point about the climaxes. Of the ride. The order of elements on Tatsu really make the ride what it is. It makes you feel like you're flying high in the air, perhaps this one will make you feel like you're hovering just above the ground, through tunnels and close to the water.

Hey folks, being a designer myself, I can say that these renderings are more concerned with giving you a "taste" of what is to come, to excite you, and also to look very pretty.....

I am sure its gonna be a kick a$$ B&M Flyer, little doubt in that. Theres a very good chance though, the end result will look very little like what is shown here.

Totally agree Designer Dave. All the water splashing means is that there will be a water splashing element. In fact, it doesn't even have to mean that. Case in point, take a look at Tatsu's original concept art.

Elements not in order, Tatsu in Valencia Falls. Valencia Falls actually running.

Very unlike the real ride.

However I think taking a guess as to what the splashing may be is appropriate and I'm going to guess huge cylinder's like Sheikra on the side of the train. All they have to do is angle it correctly, probably at a point in the ride that's going at slower speed and *WHAMO!*. Nobody gets wet.

All in all I say the concept art works. Its getting everybody including me excited about what this is going to be, its done its job.

Wow. I was not following this thread for a while and only just saw the artwork pics.

The train slipping through the water on the side (in reality I guess it will be more 'hitting' the water as Griffon/Sheikra do) : how cool is that

Last time I was in Orlando, EE was not even open. Next time is on the planning for 2010. There will be so many cool things for me to discover since my last visit.

I do not necessarily believe that the train would be torn up if it is the funnel as opposed to water cannons. If that were the case, then wouldn't they use water cannons instead on Shiekra and Griffon? I believe that the funnels (supposing that is what they are going to use) will be curved at an angle that will make it so the water sprays onto on-lookers.

Either way, this is definatly making me realize that not having gone to Sea World yet has been happening for some reason!

I thought that with such a hefty price tag that B&M was done selling flyers...i mean with tatsu costing 21 million bucks, the only company i thought would buy any more was six flags, but how wrong could i be. it would be pretty bitchin if the actual trains are like the concept art. Tatsu's concept art had a pilot car shaped like a dragon's head...which was not fabricated and ended up being the standard flyer train