TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

The area is very large, as for the RED coaster track. From one of my inside sources the reason for the red is that most of the coaster will be built over water. I just have to wonder what color supports they will go with. I hope not blue like the other big red coaster here in Florida. I suspect maybe a grey or a tan color something to offset the red. But with the red track the grey manta ray trains will look pretty awsome. Plus you kinda have to figure it will be eisier for the average Joe to associate the Busch parks with those big red diving coasters down in florida. Cant wait for the offical announcement, from what I know of the coaster, People are going to be shocked by what they have in store for Sea World. You need to think Dive/flyer Hybrid (take a sheikra train and turn it into a flyer) coaster new type Prototype ride from B&M

Im really excited for this thing! Seaworld Orlando is such a nice park. Even if that red DM track isnt for this it has some pretty odd ties for a DM. The are bent and not strait like all the other DM's. I also think red is an odd choce if thats what its for. Who knows!

The grass is used as erosion control so that the dirt doesnt get washed into the storm drains. We used to use hay bails around the drains to stop the dirt but in this case they have used grass. When it rains the grass stops the dirt from washing away so they dont have other problems as you can see its kind a in a ditch.

Agreed but, the lift will be taken on your back sitting up (lying in the up postions). I cant confirm at this point whether the drop will be taken head first on your back or it may do something similar to the Vekoma Flyer where you will roll over at the top into the flying position.

I hope that you will take the main drop head first upsidedown so that you will be on your back head down.

Since Mark Rose has been involved with the creation of all of Tampa’s beautiful B&M coasters I figured I’d mention the Sentinel article to see if he had anything else to add. Right off the bat he confirmed to Screamscape that it would be a B&M coaster and that it would be a “Flying” style design themed as a “Sting Ray” that would feature the experience of “gliding over the water”. When I asked if it might feature Dive Machine gauge track or extra wide (8 or 10 across) seating, he said that those design aspects had not yet been finalized. He also confirmed what was reported in the Sentinel, that the project would also include themed animal habitats not only in the surrounding area, but possibly in the ride’s queue as well.

Well, there you go. It will be a B&M flyer going in next year.

Hmmm, potentially a flying dive machine? Now THAT sounds cool. Manta Rays do grow to around 20 feet wide or so, so making the cars about as wide as a Manta Ray (although they are not Sting Rays) would be an interesting way to keep up with theming.

Agreed but, the lift will be taken on your back sitting up (lying in the up postions). I cant confirm at this point whether the drop will be taken head first on your back or it may do something similar to the Vekoma Flyer where you will roll over at the top into the flying position.

I hope that you will take the main drop head first upsidedown so that you will be on your back head down.

No way! My friend told me the same thing. She saidshe "saw" a piece of art work by somebody "inside" the project, but I did not believe her. I told her that BEC usually sticks with B&M and not vekoma, she did not understand so I explained...but I guess this confirms what she says....maybe this is true

Although Flying Dive Machines would be cool, the experience of being out on the edge of the track will be moot, because you are already facing the ground. BUT, if they make use of overbanked turns and maybe some large "Furius Baco" style Barrel Rolls, etc. then the Flying Dive Machine would be freaking amazing.

I cant wait for the announcement. If what I have heard about the ride is true everybody is in for a great new ride. If the Red B&M track is for Sea World we are in for a very special unique ride, I am thinking a drop where you will be on your back head first as to make so the ride will be tall and you can take the Gs.. All indications are that the track is for Sea World. As one of my sources put it to me that if the track is not for Sea World then we have a real mystrey on our hands. Anyway a freind pasted a couple of my photos from yesterday together to make one large one check it out below or larger here http://www.johnnyupsidedown.com/manta/ss1a.jpg

tpr.jpg.42e95e475d4069fa04bc76edc867f61c.jpg

I don't know about anyone else, but when I read "gliding experience", I immediately thought of this.

http://www.rcdb.com/ig3457.htm?picture=10

Could it be that perhaps the flyer's just wishful thinking? I think it's a bit much to automatically assume that it will be a flyer just because of one word in the description.

If seaworld are getting a Mountain Glider, I would hope that they've done something about the capacity

Thanks, but I will feel much better when that RED track starts to show up at Sea World. I would expect with the enlargement of the staging area and as much track is at the fab plant that track will arrive soon plus I am guessing that is why they have moved the announcement up to early next month. Plus another thing to consider is it takes about 4 to 6 months to make all the track and the Red track just happen to be made first the season. As far as I know there are currently 3 or 4 B&Ms on the books, Marbilandia in Italy is getting a Hyper, Kings Island is expecting a Hyper and the Big ReD track. I thought there was one more like an inverted going somewhere. So 4 B&Ms takes a whole year of production at the plant.

Anyway as I said I will feel alot better when the track arrives and the announcement is made, granted my sources are usually not wrong but any thing can happen. But I will say I am pretty confident in what I have heard from many different sources.

I think we can all agree that this track is definitely reinforced more and stronger and bigger than normal-gauge B&M track. If this is, in fact, for Sea World and it is a flyer, perhaps we won't necessarily see a "Dive Machine Flyer," but instead a flyer with maybe 6-8 seats across. That would be cool.

The grass is used as erosion control so that the dirt doesnt get washed into the storm drains. We used to use hay bails around the drains to stop the dirt but in this case they have used grass. When it rains the grass stops the dirt from washing away so they dont have other problems as you can see its kind a in a ditch.

Oh cool,I did no know that

Things that are interesting about the graphics, one set the track is purple and one the track is light blue and one the track is white.. They wouldnt make the graphics with different track colors if these were the real deal.

As it says they are "artist impressions" of what somebody thinks the ride will be so not the real deal. Plus there is no copyright on the graphics.

My thinking is while rather interesting interrpatation of the ride they are not official graphics of the coaster.

While interesting I will hold judgement until the official announcements from Sea World.

I just wonder how they're gonna do the water splashing part.

Was wondering the same thing. Variation on the "lazy L" shapes conduit seen on Griffon, but built into the wing tips?

Even if the concept art isn't official, this is still an exciting theme. Looking forward to the official announcement and completion in 2009.