TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

Roddels zeggen al ongeveer een jaar dat de nieuwe achtbaan voor SeaWorld Florida een B&M Flyer wordt. Nu zegt een betrouwbare bron dat het er helemaal niet op lijkt! Het wordt namelijk een LIM coaster van Premier Rides. De achtbaan zelf zal een beetje een ''broertje'' worden Revenge of the Mummy De baan bevat een dark-ride deel en een paar tunnels met water. Met dat laatste wordt (geloof ik volgens CAM and TNP) bedoeld dat er een glazen tunnel onder water is zodat je de dieren kan bekijken. Verdere informatie is nog niet bekend.

Rumors are saying over a year that the new coaster for SeaWorld Orlando will be a B&M Flyer. Now is a thrusting source saying that the coaster will be a LIM coaster from Premier Rides. The coaster itself will look like a ''brother'' of Revenge of the Mummy. The track is half dark-ride half coaster and contains tunnels with water. With that last one, the meaning is that there is a glass tunnel under water to look at the animals. Further information is not confirmed.

Source: Tripsnpics, coasterandmore, rollercoasterforum

My bad english

^^Thank you for the translation, but that doesn't confirm it is a premier LIM coaster either. It says that a source points towards it, but since there is no concept art or official announcements to back it up, it is about as likely as the B&M flyer.

Didnt Universal Orlando contact B&M for their new coaster but were told they were too busy? I always assummed that Sea World was one of the reasons.

I know everyone claims how screamscape is usually way off and will post whatever, but he seems to usually nail the orlando parks. I think its a flyer, but Im not sold on a launch. I do know that 2009/10 is gonna be an awesome time to be in Orlando.

Didnt Universal Orlando contact B&M for their new coaster but were told they were too busy? I always assummed that Sea World was one of the reasons.

I know everyone claims how screamscape is usually way off and will post whatever, but he seems to usually nail the orlando parks. I think its a flyer, but Im not sold on a launch. I do know that 2009/10 is gonna be an awesome time to be in Orlando.

He also nailed the Canada's Wonderland rumor and stood by it all the way.

Since Mark Rose has been involved with the creation of all of Tampa’s beautiful B&M coasters I figured I’d mention the Sentinel article to see if he had anything else to add. Right off the bat he confirmed to Screamscape that it would be a B&M coaster and that it would be a “Flying” style design themed as a “Sting Ray” that would feature the experience of “gliding over the water”. When I asked if it might feature Dive Machine gauge track or extra wide (8 or 10 across) seating, he said that those design aspects had not yet been finalized. He also confirmed what was reported in the Sentinel, that the project would also include themed animal habitats not only in the surrounding area, but possibly in the ride’s queue as well.

Well, there you go. It will be a B&M flyer going in next year.

Two random things.

1. The first time I saw Alton Towers' Air, it reminded me of a blue manta ray for some reason.

2. This is eerily similar to Twister II's Seaworld Hawaii RCT3 park...with a Sting Ray themed flying coaster going through and aquarium. http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39241

Either way, I'm looking forward to this Manta when it's done.

• 2 weeks later...

Construction Update

I was out at the park today for a look around and to see how things are progressing. Mostly just dirt work has been done. I checked the Orlando Permitting office last night and no new premits have been issued.

One noticable change is the size of the holding area where I suspect track and other parts will be stored has tripled in size. I would expect with in the next couple of weeks that track, rebar and other things for building the coaster will start to show up.. With the expected announcement in the next couple weeks things should start going soon.

Photos are here at bottom if you want to see photos of dirt, http://www.johnnyupsidedown.com/new2009sw.html I know borring but its part of the process of documenting the construction of a coaster.

Storage area differnces below.

sw21a.jpg.96a7f511ce3397fe207b8b66970b2374.jpg

sw9a.jpg.e4f4aa16a648f36c5a1019979c15b59d.jpg

Befor and after photos.

That's a fairly large foot print for a roller coaster. It will be interesting see how this flying coaster turns out. Hopefully good. That red B&M track that recently appeared outside Clermont Steel Fabricators better not be for this, other wise it will be perhaps the worst color scheme/theme clash in the history of roller coasters.

Looking at that area in comparison to Journey makes this project look a lot bigger than I initially thought this was. I agree about the red track, it would pretty bad in Sea World, but I'm sure Sea World has put a lot of thought into how this project will fit into the park.